• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Quarter-Final 2nd Leg: Slavia Prague (1) v Arsenal (1) | Thursday, April 15 | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who Goes Through To The Semi-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Starting to feel nerves ahead of this game. At the end of the day getting back into EL at minimum next season is about transfer spend because I don’t see Kroenkes stepping in to make up for any shortfall, so it is about the club and not falling further behind.

The good news in part with fitness news it seems that starting lineup decisions are being made for Mikel. The bad news perhaps is the strength of our bench is affected and that of course has potential to bite hard if this match goes into extra time. Let’s hope for an energetic start to the match, not another of those cases where the players start off tight and slow. There does need to be aggressive pressing from our attacking line right from the opening whistle.

bergholt

Can't imagine we'll score in the first half, and also if we don't score in the first half we won't go through. Fingers crossed though.

ptrcopp

We need to play more direct. That’s something we have really missed. To do that affectively we need movement and that means need runners in behind and that means Pepe needs to start. I’d like Saka left back to give some width and attack down the left. I think we’d be okay with Auba LW with Saka staying wide left but Auba needs to be instructed to run behind too - he needs to involved in build up play.

At one point Auba was clearly playing as an inside forward with the LB really high and I’d like to see that again.

I’d like to see Partey given a similar amount of freedom he was given at the weekend alongside either Emile or MO10 if fit.

handbrake needs to be off here. Let’s score some goals.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We have to go at them right from the off. 3 -0 by half time, if we add a couple more in the 2nd half we could then consider bringing on Auba to replace a tired Laca.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

"Disciplined" 😁 Sounds like Xhaka is playing LB. We should have enough either way but it's a very risky decision. I imagine Slavia will sit back most of the game so we have to be really careful of any pace they might put on the right side on the counter. Xhaka got caught out by Cengiz Under's pace over the top in the Leicester game earlier in the season when he was playing LCB which cost us. Baffles me why Sheff Utd didn't think to put any pace on that side at the weekend.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not nervous about this at all, easy win tonight.

Very nervous for the next game against Emery's Villarreal, will be a titanic tussle...have a good feeling that Unai will get the reaction he deserves from the Arsenal fans in attendance when he plays us at The Emirates though.

Gunners1616

Have to admit that it's a bit shameful to have all these talks about a "big game" for a game against Slavia Prague in Europa League when most of us didn't even know a single player from their team.

They really looked trash during the first leg, especially their attackers. It looked like they were playing wearing timberland shoes.

This game should only have a downside which is if we manage to not win it somehow.

amigo

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I am resorting to wearing my lucky Arsenal shirt all day. Last season's away yellow strip. (We never lose when I wear it - well almost!).

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Matchday!

giphy.gif

GLITCH

Have to admit that it's a bit shameful to have all these talks about a "big game" for a game against Slavia Prague in Europa League when most of us didn't even know a single player from their team.

They really looked trash during the first leg, especially their attackers. It looked like they were playing wearing timberland shoes.

This game should only have a downside which is if we manage to not win it somehow.
It's a big game in the sense that if we get knocked out, the ramifications will be huge. We need to get to the final and win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom