• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Sacrifice all the midfield controlling to generate possession and chances for the team, sacrifice the gap leaving behind when booming up. Just to go for glory. Do you know how much worse off as a team to have that?
I'd certainly rather have that than midfielders who constantly look to pass back or to the sides.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Football Manager needs to stay in his lane and post 300 players comps a day.

Least when I post multiple videos they are done with panache, dignity and touch of class...sure they are equally as annoying as his, plus nobody watches them either...but he could still learn a thing or two from Riou!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I'm delighted for him scoring the winner. Yes, he needs refining but there's something to work with. He along with others still needs a proper chance.
I think his and AMN's loans have been huge wins for both them and us. Nice to see them getting lots of minutes and playing time they would most likely not have gotten with the Arsenal squad this year.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'd add prime Messi to that also! Now we are talking! ;)
WTF are you on about? I didn’t even mentioned that name.

I was talking about willock not capable to control the midfield, with examples to prove my point.

If you don’t agree, it’s fine. But what’s the point of bringing out messi when I don’t even mentioned that? You try to insult me out of nothing? Fxxk you.

Iceman10

Established Member
I think the key is managing any CM prospect like this until they are around 23 years old. It's just hard to break through for Top 8 in the PL at a young age because there is so much to polish positionally and tactically, but at the same time not kill confidence and technical growth of the player. This is likely going to be a challenge in managing Azeez also, and an important part of player growth quite obviously seems to be smart loaning, esp. for second halves of seasons for two or three seasons, aging between 20-22.

Sorry, btw I cringe at some comments wanting to sell the player for 10m. Many are from the same people who thought he was a dead end technically and did not see some parallels with some frustrations Ramsey had at a young age. There is no guarantee of success or player ceiling, but be bigger picture, a player like this can go through a growth spurt that can make them a 30m+ asset within a season from now, and we shouldn't be looking to flog Willock for 10m. At worst send him on loan for next season also if he is still not quite ready for reintegration.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Willock is not half as good on the ball, he is not a silky footballer, and he is not doing his job controlling the midfield at all. He should be creating play, open up space, making passes, have good close control on the ball in the midfield. He failed all that.
Willock doesnt need to control midfield. He can almost be a 3rd striker from CM. His potential if he works hard enough would would be prime Delle Alli and Lampard - who was the ultimate goalscoring midfielder.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Agreed...the guy is a dumbass...thinks he can spot talent. Rubbish forget your dreams @Football Manager
Can you imagine willock, instead of Fabregas , controlling the midfield of the 07-08 Arsenal, playing one touch passes with rosicky/Hleb/Van persie, keeping possession, distributing the ball around, creating chances after chances, playing beautiful through balls?

I never make it personal to anyone of you here. And for every of the points I made, I try to explain with a reason. So for whoever that is, stop the disrespectful shxt from your shxt mouth.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can you imagine willock, instead of Fabregas , controlling the midfield of the 07-08 Arsenal, playing one touch passes with rosicky/Hleb/Van persie, keeping possession, distributing the ball around, creating chances after chances, playing beautiful through balls?
Can you imagine Cesc scoring a bullet header for Stevie Bruce?

billyf

Apps: 9, 2 as as sub.
goals: 3

Not good enough, obviously. Loan him until he scores 3 in every half.

That's probably more goals than all our midfielders have scored this season, no?

LG10

We’re going to give El Neny who can’t pass a ball a new deal, but Willock isn’t good enough. OK.
What are you talking about? He was loaned for a reason, to develop and push for a place next season. How many starts has elneny had in the league?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

Can you live in 2021. Willock will never be technically as good as those you mentioned. But he has his strengths in his ability to drive with the ball and score goals. Different styles and effective in different ways.

We must build assets and make them great players or to their potential. Work ethic is what I think Willock has in abundance and ensure he will be a top professional. He is 21 FFS.

I rather have him than El Nenny and Ceballos.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I've never been mightily impressed with Willock at Arsenal but he's doing well at Newcastle so far from what I've seen, so I'm happy to re evaluate my stance on him.

Let's give him a bit of time to develop. Players in his position rarely ever burst onto the scene fully formed.

Another loan next season will probably be on the cards. Let's give him a chance to actually develop his game by playing week in week out before we decide to cut bait and get rid.

At 21 and with fairly limited first team football he's not going to be a well rounded player so it seem pointless using that as a stick to beat him. Players of his mould tend to develop later anyway.

Good to see a younger player who'd started to flounder a bit at Arsenal back himself and take a chance on a loan to a weaker team to improve / prove himself.

Last edited:

LG10

Willock is not half as good on the ball, he is not a silky footballer, and he is not doing his job controlling the midfield at all. He should be creating play, open up space, making passes, have good close control on the ball in the midfield. He failed all that.
Quit with the pseudo intellectualism :lol: you don’t have to be a weak midget to be technical. Willock is a great dribbler AND had the pace and power to boot. Very intelligent too, knows exactly where to be on the pitch at all times. He’s a complete two way midfielder. Him any day over someone “silky” like ceballos or Matt smith ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom