• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
EzRkzLyVEAwhgDE

Understandable why some club's would agree, but still...so disappointed in this club.
I think this is because of COVID? It wouldn't matter they desperately want it to go through even without covid

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's not that much different in the CL, we were complaining for years every time we would play some Dynamo club from there.
It only gets good in the later stages of the knockout phase, and they want to make every game like that.

It is pure greed, it's all about money, but that's no different than the CL itself.

But it is different. The CL isn't a closed shop. It's fairly meritocratic.

You finish top 4 in the PL, next season you get to play against the best European football has to offer.

The Super League is a closed shop where dynasty clubs just decide to play against themselves and get insanely rich while doing it.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I have no idea who this guy is but I want to believe. He could sell it to the tea lady for all I care. I just want him gone.
Just looks like a Gooner and anti gambling dude. No idea how he scored a blue tick. Liked his comment on Twitter about how our goal celebration today was like Girouds infamous “scorpion” celebration after. 1-1 draw with Everton...

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But it is different. The CL isn't a closed shop. It's fairly meritocratic.

You finish top 4 in the PL, next season you get to play against the best European football has to offer.

The Super League is a closed shop where dynasty clubs just decide to play against themselves and get insanely rich while doing it.
Let's be honest here, we're gonna see Bayern, Real, Barca, PSG (as long as they have money), Atletic, Dortmund, Juve every single year. The only "big" teams rotating are from the PL because it's only 4 places but too many good teams.
All the Dynamo's and Sparta's from the east are not that much needed for me, which is basically a Super League

GoonerJay24

If this is true I am disgusted. Very disappointed especially with Arsenal and Liverpool!

Just plain wrong on so many levels.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Just looks like a Gooner and anti gambling dude. No idea how he scored a blue tick. Liked his comment on Twitter about how our goal celebration today was like Girouds infamous “scorpion” celebration after. 1-1 draw with Everton...

Don't remind me of that. How far have our standards fallen?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Seeing there no relegation are there draft picks?

In 1st round pick of super European league draft Arsenal select: Jesse Lingard.

This is the major problem as I see it. With all football outside of the super league being deemed irrelevant a huge amount of lower league clubs would disappear once all the TV money is focused on the super league.

Our academy system is mostly made up of privately owned academies. Ie the football league clubs.

Where do all the thousands of youngsters who could become PL footballers in towns like Plymouth, Derby, Bristol or Nottingham go if their clubs disappear?

Instead of having a platform to learn the game they’ll be competing for fewer and fewer academy spots potentially miles away from their homes.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Your personal anecdote means very little here. Overall, most Americans are not bothered by the 1 or 2 games over in the UK. Former NFL players opinions matter as much as fans at this rate and not really any type of valid statistic here.
Given there's no poll showing this (I can't find one), most of what I'm referring to is anecdotal, which means the same for you. Unless you have a link you can share saying otherwise?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Let's be honest here, we're gonna see Bayern, Real, Barca, PSG (as long as they have money), Atletic, Dortmund, Juve every single year. The only "big" teams rotating are from the PL because it's only 4 places but too many good teams.
All the Dynamo's and Sparta's from the east are not that much needed for me, which is basically a Super League

Well if you're only interest is in the quality of football or not having Eastern European sides to play then fair enough.

The damage it will cause to the whole football structure in England is much more important to me personally though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's 15 permanent teams but 20 teams in total right? So surely those 5 teams will be changed constantly or...?
Yes, but how do 5 teams from whole of Europe qualify? There are countries who no matter what are not invited. Also they want to play this mid weeks. I wonder if the countries take strong stance if these clubs will opt from playing in their own countries. I don’t even think if all fans unite against it will change anything. It’s matter of time before these matches are played in Asia and America

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Given there's no poll showing this (I can't find one), most of what I'm referring to is anecdotal, which means the same for you. Unless you have a link you can share saying otherwise?

4 sold out games in 2019:

I cannot find stats on Americans traveling to games but I know teams have booster clubs for fans who do travel to the games to keep those fans organized together and safe, essentially. Just can't find actual numbers on them.

My opinion from talking to my friends and on various comment sections online, NFL fans loving having an extra game at 11am before the 1pm and 4pm kickoffs (EST).

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Not gonna lie, I’m not totally against it. Football does need a bit of a revamp and sometimes change is good.
Watching Arsenal get battered every week rather than every other week is gonna take it’s toll on my eyes though.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom