• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is actually going to happen, it will kill football!!
Football is business. People need to stop this romantic nonsense. I watch some of the games, but in the grand scheme of things I honestly couldn’t care less if Arsenal plays in it or not. Football in this country died when clubs sold it to Americans who are the ultimate capitalist. They don’t care one bit of tradition or fans. It’s all business to them.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Maybe the Premier League shouldnt have accepted these kind of owners from the beginning. They allowed these greedy scumbags in english football.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
No-ones saying UEFA and the CL are good, at absolute best they're highly imperfect, at worst they're borderline criminal.

It's still much preferable to a handful of elite clubs motivated by pure greed going and forming their own closed shop treehouse club though.

The damage this breakaway European League would do to English football can't be overestimated.
Imagine Leicester winning the league in 15/16 and not being able to play the likes of Barca, Real etc in the CL because they've formed their own European tournament.
I understand the damage, but I also understand that over 90% of the European games are unwatchable, and I do think that would fix it.
As I'm saying, the very same people who were complaining that we were playing Dundlak, will be against this competition, which makes no sense at all

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Let's be honest, football has gotten incredibly stale these past few years, I think it's about time that something completely new was given a go.

And as pointed out, this isn't about good vs bad, UEFA aren't the good guys here they're acting in self-interest as much as the clubs pushing for the super league are. Sky are obviously going to condemn it because of the implications it'd have on the PL, it's nothing to do with morals.

This isn’t really getting back at UEFA other than the top 6 richest clubs in England want to solidify their position at the top of the game.

The English league has ebbed and flowed throughout its history. If you took the biggest six clubs twenty years ago it’d be very different as it would forty years ago.

This is these clubs using their power base in 2021 to rig the game to make sure they stay on top of revenues. It’s anti-competitive if anything.

Arsenal are in real danger of losing ground on Leicester and if the Saudis take over Newcastle then that’s another team we’d be competing against.

This is a cop out by cheap owners like Glazer, Henry and Kroenke who want to guarantee their huge revenue streams without having to invest in their clubs rather than pay for expensive, drawn out rebuilds that might not succeed.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I understand the damage, but I also understand that over 90% of the European games are unwatchable, and I do think that would fix it.
As I'm saying, the very same people who were complaining that we were playing Dundlak, will be against this competition, which makes no sense at all

Arsenal fans generally don't like the Europa League as we view it as beneath us after all those years in the CL. I don't think many Arsenal fans have anything against the Europa League as a concept though. They just wish we were better than it.

The breakaway competition is just based on pure greed and wanting to shut any other clubs out. It's the concept a lot of us dislike rather than what the quality of the football would be.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Surely football and sport is at the end of the day despite gulfs in class between two sides and investment that the david rather then goalith side can cause a upset. That's the beauty of football, sport

This takes away that element.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This isn’t really getting back at UEFA other than the top 6 richest clubs in England want to solidify their position at the top of the game.

The English league has ebbed and flowed throughout its history. If you took the biggest six clubs twenty years ago it’d be very different as it would forty years ago.

This is these clubs using their power base in 2021 to rig the game to make sure they stay on top of revenues. It’s anti-competitive if anything.

Arsenal are in real danger of losing ground on Leicester and if the Saudis take over Newcastle then that’s another team we’d be competing against.

This is a cop out by cheap owners like Glazer, Henry and Kroenke who want to guarantee their huge revenue streams without having to invest in their clubs rather than pay for expensive, drawn out rebuilds that might not succeed.

It's anti-competitive but also anti-innovative. Arsenal are the third biggest club in English football and have won titles across many decades because they often led innovations in the game, Chapman and Wenger the two prime examples. This move isn't just greedy, it's very lazy.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
As a son of a former NFL player, I can assure you most Americans are against this. Former NFL players don't want this.
Your personal anecdote means very little here. Overall, most Americans are not bothered by the 1 or 2 games over in the UK. Former NFL players opinions matter as much as fans at this rate and not really any type of valid statistic here.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
EzRkzLyVEAwhgDE

Understandable why some club's would agree, but still...so disappointed in this club.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What’s the reason for that 90% being unwatchable? For me it’s the concentration of talent in about 10 clubs.

This new proposal makes all football outside of the super league even more unwatchable. It’s going the opposite direction to what’s needed.

There should be wage caps in place and there should be diversification of talent to improve the standard across Europe. If Benfica were able to keep Bernardo rather than sell him to City to sit on the bench that’s another team who’d have a higher standard of football and so on.

The game is getting to the point where ballers like Mahrez, Vinicius and Jota are playing 60 minutes every other game. That’s why so many games are unwatchable. Mega clubs have hoarded all the talent.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arsenal fans generally don't like the Europa League as we view it as beneath us after all those years in the CL. I don't think many Arsenal fans have anything against the Europa League as a concept though. They just wish we were better than it.

The breakaway competition is just based on pure greed and wanting to shut any other clubs out. It's the concept a lot of us dislike rather than what the quality of the football would be.
It's not that much different in the CL, we were complaining for years every time we would play some Dynamo club from there.
It only gets good in the later stages of the knockout phase, and they want to make every game like that.

It is pure greed, it's all about money, but that's no different than the CL itself.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
It's funny when bribe accepting FIFA are trying to be the good guys, they'll be fked without the world's best players at world cups / euros etc.

Same with the prem league posturing in regards to banning the clubs involved, too much cash involved.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom