• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
My boy Mark is back in business I am hearing?
giphy.gif

Melquiades

All parties involved in this are evil and supporting FIFA/UEFA makes me feel ill, but this is pretty obviously going to be terrible for the sport if it happens.

Nobody wants this aside from the ownership of 12 teams, most of which are broke and looking for a financial lifeline or owned by a stupid American who wants to plaster their league system across other sports on other continents.

roz

Fake News Merchant
What the **** is an alternative VAR?

At breaking point with all this sh*te. On one side you’ve got the Murdoch violins out and on the other the American billionaires trying to kill off the football pyramid.

I pray to the most high give us that Bundesliga communism and some sweet regulation.
They use it already in the prem. Corrupt refs.

carlito'sway

Established Member
This whole Super league BS really managed to piss me off to no end today. As far as I am concerned, if you like football, you can't support this crass power grab motivated by nothing else than greed. These guys want to create their own football cartel, extract as much revenues and profit as possible and share it between themselves while excluding everyone else, from clubs of "second tier" leagues to grass roots and fans. This is simply repugnant and scandalous.
I have no sympathy for UEFA and even less for FIFA, but those organizations look like choir boys comparing to those jackals. I will support anything that can be done to stop them in their tracks.

PS. I am pleased that Arsène took a strong stand against it today.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
What the **** is an alternative VAR?

At breaking point with all this sh*te. On one side you’ve got the Murdoch violins out and on the other the American billionaires trying to kill off the football pyramid.

I pray to the most high give us that Bundesliga communism and some sweet regulation.

The games will be rigged WWE style. You have to rig for excitement when there's only the same small pool of clubs year after year.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
While I agree on the hypocrisy of UEFA, FIFA, Sky, the government,pundits and certain clubs, I can`t understand at all how some people seem to want this to go through to teach them a lesson or something. God knows there is a lot wrong with football today but this will destroy football completely. Football without competition is nothing. Everyone need to come together to stop this, and who knows, if that happens maybe we will see some small progress made on dealing with some of the issues that for years have been threatening to ruin the game.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

All parties involved in this are evil and supporting FIFA/UEFA makes me feel ill, but this is pretty obviously going to be terrible for the sport if it happens.

Nobody wants this aside from the ownership of 12 teams, most of which are broke and looking for a financial lifeline or owned by a stupid American who wants to plaster their league system across other sports on other continents.

This is my main point. I’ve hated the system in place for ages.

The answer though isn’t too make it even more restrictive. It’s lunacy.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Only United and Liverpool are bigger clubs than us in England...Chelsea and City aren't even clubs anymore, they are countries with masks of clubs on them...we should be in this comp, whether the comp is right or wrong is a different matter though, but don't forget how massive our club is.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Only United and Liverpool are bigger clubs than us in England...Chelsea and City aren't even clubs anymore, they are countries with masks of clubs on them...we should be in this comp, whether the comp is right or wrong is a different matter though, but don't forget how massive our club is.

Go back to tweeting Eduardo the adults are talking.

bergholt

We can't be relegated. That's the point, and that's why Kroenke loves it so much.

I know that's how it works now, but everything can be changed. The powerful rich ESL clubs will be able to change it without the smaller poorer ESL clubs being able to do anything about it - and you can bet that won't be for the benefit of the smaller clubs.

roz

Fake News Merchant
The games will be rigged WWE style. You have to rig for excitement when there's only the same small pool of clubs year after year.
They already are. There’ll just be more music and more expensive lights at the beginning. Oh and cheerleaders.

Scottish_Gooner.

Tell that to United. According to Gary Neville they are in the stratosphere compared to Arsenal. 3rd most successful club in England, one of the biggest brands in world football. It's obvious why Arsenal are there.
Man utd are sitting 2nd. We are 9th. What he said is basically we are a joke which we are. No getting away from that. It is embarrassing where we are and we certainly don't perform like we are the 3rd biggest. Struggled to win the UEL and you think we should be competing against Real Madrid etc.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom