• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Disgusting attempt from these 12 clubs...

While it has been clear - almost explicit - that this Arsenal is a business that exists to make big K more money, and that the history/culture/fans of the club are relevant only insofar as they can make him more money, my enjoyment of the sport and my love for Arsenal has always been at the forefront of my mind. This has definitely changed that for me, the extreme greed/corruption and the blatant attempt to essentially destroy the sport for every team outside of the "ESL" is most representative of what Arsenal is to me right now. Of course the emotions are still running high, but I do think this may have fundamentally changed the way I view Arsenal, the club that I've loved since a child.

The dissolution of the (thankfully) short lived ESL is a massive victory for the sport, and we will see how it plays out with UEFA competition amendments/sanctions, but it is a massive failure of Arsenal (and the other 11 teams) to misrepresent their fanbases - the most important investors - who's lives have been enriched by the love of the sport, the culture and the history of these clubs. Things that these clubs were so eager to be rid of for a buck.

On a brighter note, the protests from the fans/players/managers/pundits/media/governments have been generally fantastic IMO. Out of all the spheres of life where greed dominates all else, it's nice to see that in the game of football there are at least some limits to that dominance, the people just won't have it after a certain point. Another plus, is I do think this will cause a lot of people to reckon with the current UEFA/FIFA set up, as they are and have always been far from perfect and rife with corruption themselves. Optimistically, this shake up will force a critical look at how these organizations can change for the betterment of the game.
You are quite right. This should not be an ending but a beginning towards getting rid of corruption in football.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I wish the Sp**s statement included a "Jose is Back" part :lol:

blaze_of_glory

These apologies are clearly bogus. If they wanted to avoid upset, etc they woudn't have just dropped the bomb like that two days ago. But they probably knew doing a proper consultative approach would have gone nowhere so they tried the nuclear option and it blew up in their face.

Makes me think we really might see some club sales though if they were desperate enough to try this. I dunno.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Back to the Arteta thread!

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

1618956493022.gif

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Now that we're out of ESL, the pressure should not stop !!!

Maximum pressure to get Kroenke Out must continue!
There's plenty of reasons to get him to leave our club after this shambles.

Let's continue with #KroenkeOut trend !!!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
These apologies are clearly bogus. If they wanted to avoid upset, etc they woudn't have just dropped the bomb like that two days ago. But they probably knew doing a proper consultative approach would have gone nowhere so they tried the nuclear option and it blew up in their face.

Makes me think we really might see some club sales though if they were desperate enough to try this. I dunno.

Also the "we got invited and just couldn't say no" is such bullsh*t, it's all bullsh*t, but at least it's half-decent PR.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom