• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moah

There seems to be a direct correlation between people who think Pepe is a top player and want Arteta out.

Pepe is a very average "flair" winger. Zaha and St Maximin have much more refined technique than this guy. He can't shoot for toffee which is why he is more dangerous on the left where he can flash balls across the box.

He doesn't look after the ball anywhere near well enough and when you're trying to retain possession to build pressure on a low block team the last thing you want is a winger with a touch as loose as Katie Price's undercarriage turning the ball over and setting up counter opportunities for the other team.
And now he can't shoot...

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
And now he can't shoot...
I can't count how many times in the past few weeks I've seen him try and roll the ball into the far corner and get zero curl on it as dribbles out for a goal kick. Or he'll be outside the box and try and whip it top bins and it lands in row z.

He dribbles like he's playing twister and is terrible in small spaces. When he's under pressure he almost never connects clean with his shots, more often than not scuffing them. I genuinely don't see what some people do, the fact Bayern didn't want to sign him after Robben retired and Ribery left because they didn't think he was good enough says it all.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
What's the Willian £200k/w coming from? I thought in the end it was reported by better sources to be like £100k/w?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I can't count how many times in the past few weeks I've seen him try and roll the ball into the far corner and get zero curl on it as dribbles out for a goal kick. Or he'll be outside the box and try and whip it top bins and it lands in row z.

He dribbles like he's playing twister and is terrible in small spaces. When he's under pressure he almost never connects clean with his shots, more often than not scuffing them. I genuinely don't see what some people do, the fact Bayern didn't want to sign him after Robben retired and Ribery left because they didn't think he was good enough says it all.

I think Pepe is like a Walcott or Ramsey. A player that will always divide the fanbase. Pepe does have good end product though like Walcott, but I never rated Walcott as a good player, he was just too one dimensional.

Ramsey could produce moments of brilliance, but he had so many technical deficiencies as a midfielder, almost always out of position. Pepe is decent, but I don't think he will ever live up to his price-tag.

When we got him, I thought we were getting another Alexis Sanchez level of talent. Fans of other teams even seemed jealous, I don't watch the French League, so I just bought into the hype.

After watching Pepe for the first 3 months here, it was clear he wasn't that level of player. I saw the same thing with Xhaka, it doesn't take long to see true quality even while a player is still adjusting to a new league.

Pepe my boy is in good form. But with the injuries now you want him to be in such form of a 72 million player that he can actually carry us for the rest of the season. When we face Villareal you want to be sure you get him the ball into the situation he is going to finish the job. No excuses, 72 million players, the signing we hoped would be our main star a long time ago. Can he do t hat? Is his form at the moment that good we can put such hopes on him?

It will be interesting to see!

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

BigPoppaPump said:
Would anyone take Pepe over Pulisic? (apart from @Trilly and @Macho )

Fantastic opportunity to do some myth busting here.

1619568828263.png

1619568791419.png

1619568745720.png

1619568714988.png

Not quite £72mil worth of player, but yes I would take Pepe over Pulisic as the output is marginal in the league. I suppose Pulisic passes the eye test for some.

Pulisic seems a better passer as Pepe passes backwards a lot, but this could be Arteta's influence or the quality and movement of Chelsea's team.

That dispossessed stat and aerial battles won is interesting.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Fantastic opportunity to do some myth busting here.

Not quite £72mil worth of player, but yes I would take Pepe over Pulisic as the output is marginal in the league. I suppose Pulisic passes the eye test for some.

Pulisic seems a better passer as Pepe passes backwards a lot, but this could be Arteta's influence or the quality and movement of Chelsea's team.

That dispossessed stat and aerial battles won is interesting.

Yep that's true, but it's important to note that Pulisic is 3 years younger so has more development potential.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yep that's true, but it's important to note that Pulisic is 3 years younger so has more development potential.
Cause of his Dortmund days I actually forget he's a baby - feels like he's been around forever.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Eye test > stats, I don't really trust stats without context.

But yeah Pulisic is a flop.
For me both is ideal - but football is about entertainment so Eye is king, I do like stats to reaffirm what I am seeing though.

The Gervinho thing was me taking the piss, loads of players have Gervinho's stats, but Gervinho's stint here has kinda put a mark on all Ivorian wingers forever and is the go to comparison sadly.

UnbiasedNeutral

Pulisic is three times the player Poopee is. You're kidding yourself if you even think it's close. Unbelievable business from Lille to get 100m for Gabriel and the Ivorian Bolasie.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Pulisic is three times the player Poopee is. You're kidding yourself if you even think it's close. Unbelievable business from Lille to get 100m for Gabriel and the Ivorian Bolasie.

tenor.gif

UnbiasedNeutral

I know it must suck to hear, but especially with Pepe I think it's the general consensus amongst most rival fans. Pepe is a busted flush. No close control, no killer instinct, no eye for a pass, not cut out for physical duels.

Although I'll add a caveat, this opinion is based off of all the games I've seen him play on the right. When he's played off the left he looks slightly more useful, perhaps a 40m player when on the left as opposed to the 20m player he is on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom