• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Are you telling me Bellerin is going to magically get coached how to not have two left feet? Or Holding is going to be taught an extra yard of pace?

There's only so far coaching can take players. If their ability and drive isn't up to the required standard its pointless.

I look at Leeds today, no names pop out of their starting 11. They're well coached, none of their players are on stupid wages but the main thing is they run and run and run and run. No matter what, they do not stop.

Klopp built his team pretty much on this premise as well. Hard work hard pressing etc. Look at what happened to Liverpool as soon as Thiago entered the building. All of a sudden there's been a shift.

Terrible posting. You’ve basically told me how our players aren’t good enough and then gone on and told me Leeds and Liverpool are good because of how well coached they are. Wtf 🤣

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Terrible posting. You’ve basically told me how our players aren’t good enough and then gone on and told me Leeds and Liverpool are good because of how well coached they are. Wtf 🤣

I actually posted it before finishing. But Leeds and Liverpool players fit the style of coaching perfectly. Bellerin for example would be **** at Leeds due to not being able to control the ball properly. Xhaka would also be terrible because he isnt quick enough on the ball and turns slower than milk.

It's about coaching but getting players who fit what you want to coach.

However with a big club like Arsenal who want to win big trophies you also need to add in ability, which costs big money.

Our players are good enough as a whole to get 6th like Yousif said. Beyond that I think even Klopp would struggle.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

I wouldn't be surprised they sack Arteta so they don't spend big in summer lol

Is everyone at this club stupid?

Why give him money to spend in the summer if you might sack him at the START of next season. If he is this close to the edge then get rid of him now and give another guy time to bring in new players.

I'm just going to play this every match day until Arteta is gone.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't be surprised they sack Arteta so they don't spend big in summer lol

Sack him now, bring in Rangnick; he's not a big spender, here are some excerpts from an article titled "Ralf Rangnick at Schalke: The History and the Future":

"His work at Hoffenheim, Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig may be able to provide a bit of an indication into what this modern Schalke may look like. Unlike the billions of Dietmar Hopp and Dietrich Mateschitz, he won’t have the same access to funds in Gelsenkirchen, but football-wise, the ideas will still exist and could provide a healthy future for a club that’s been troubled with debts, ageing players and broken ideas. "

"A key element of the report by BILD was that Rangnick wanted to help Schalke return to the Bundesliga with “youngest team of all time” – and that is something that he is no stranger to."

"With a set playing philosophy that revolves around aggressive pressing, verticality and attacking football, his teams are always exciting to watch and he wants his fellow coaches to maintain a similar idea."

"He also wants a clear playing philosophy – that is the concept. Competence is giving players time to grow and freedom to make mistakes as long as they recover well and learn from it."

If you're interested you can read the full article here:

Do not allow Sp*rs to get this guy.

isop

I don't think Arteta is going to get the ax, but if that happens, I would love to have Gallardo. He is on the short list of a number of clubs though, among them Lyon. I fear he will be missing him.
DeZerbi could be an interesting pick too, definitely an up and coming modern manager.

I wonder when Gallardo will take the plunge and move to a European club. Always hear good things about him, especially on AM by several posters.

I saw a Sassuolo game last season, I think it was against Inter at Sassuolo’s ground. They play really nice football, and had Inter on the ropes for a long time. I think Inter predictably sat back too much, but managed to do a smash and grab. Game ended up finishing 4-3 or something to Inter lol.

De Zerbi has them comfortably in 8th place, which is a great achievement for club of their size and budget. He’s definitely one to watch.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sack him now, bring in Rangnick; he's not a big spender, here are some excerpts from an article titled "Ralf Rangnick at Schalke: The History and the Future":

"His work at Hoffenheim, Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig may be able to provide a bit of an indication into what this modern Schalke may look like. Unlike the billions of Dietmar Hopp and Dietrich Mateschitz, he won’t have the same access to funds in Gelsenkirchen, but football-wise, the ideas will still exist and could provide a healthy future for a club that’s been troubled with debts, ageing players and broken ideas. "

"A key element of the report by BILD was that Rangnick wanted to help Schalke return to the Bundesliga with “youngest team of all time” – and that is something that he is no stranger to."

"With a set playing philosophy that revolves around aggressive pressing, verticality and attacking football, his teams are always exciting to watch and he wants his fellow coaches to maintain a similar idea."

"He also wants a clear playing philosophy – that is the concept. Competence is giving players time to grow and freedom to make mistakes as long as they recover well and learn from it."

He won't be manager if you bring him he should be DOF to help build team for manager

isop

Peter Bosz?
Was great at Ajax, Dortmund didn't work out, and has done reasonably well at Leverkusen; in fact the first half of this season they were round 3rd/4th place but they've dropped off since and are in 6th now. I'm not sure about him though, talented but the Arsenal job may be too much of a challenge for him.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It's gonna be Benitez.
How many times he has been sacked because of poor league position?

Most of his income came from his contract termination fees because he was sacked by clubs after clubs.

Everytime he joined a club, the fans will have the same reaction: “What kind of shxt football is this? This is the most boring shxt in the world! That puts me to sleep! Fxxk this kind of shxt football!”

Fxxk benitez.

I don’t want any defensive managers. It’s not how we should play. But if I really have to pick. Then according to the boringness, it goes:

Simeone> Allegri >Mourinho>>>>>>>>>Pulis>>>>>>>>>>Benitez

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
Tuchel as a German was a good fit to come in to fix a 'crisis' at Chelsea with signings from Germany/Bundesliga not working out until then. This is just something that gives me some pause with any managers from Italy because I don't see the natural cultural fit, as opposed to a Spanish or French manager, or even Ten Hag coming in with Overmars, or a manager already acclimatised to PL regardless of their nationality. Just gives me a little pause when it comes to Conte and Allegri. We don't really have much Italian in our club cultural bloodstream from the last 20 or so years.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Tuchel as a German was a good fit to come in to fix a 'crisis' at Chelsea with signings from Germany/Bundesliga not working out until then. This is just something that gives me some pause with any managers from Italy because I don't see the natural cultural fit, as opposed to a Spanish or French manager, or even Ten Hag coming in with Overmars, or a manager already acclimatised to PL regardless of their nationality. Just gives me a little pause when it comes to Conte and Allegri. We don't really have much Italian in our club cultural bloodstream from the last 20 or so years.
Nonsense. We've had Mannone, Lupoli and Viviano.

Iceman10

Established Member
Nonsense. We've had Mannone, Lupoli and Viviano.
That's not much, as said, and not really integral. It's just a minor concern, not only culturally in terms of nationality but also culturally football wise that runs a bit contrary to the Wenger era. Some could say that doesn't matter but I don't think fans really want to go there after three years of losing attacking fluidity. Just minor concerns, idk. It's just overall risks with hitting the ground running and also fans not quickly going hostile if they see more of playing style they feel is a departure from what they clamour for.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Isn't he already committed to Schalke?

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom