• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Josh Doig

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not really, I am sure you can think of a few reasons why having no backup to Tierney again is stupid.

Regards,

LonelyOne.
We do have backup to Tierney, Arteta just chose to ignore them both for whatever reason.

Tierney seems to miss a chunk of games per season but imo we can just about handle that without signing someone like Bertrand.

Was Cedric at LB bad enough that it was worth ruining our midfield to play Xhaka there? If you don't want to go the Cedric route then if we drop Saka to LB we still have Pepe (Willian) and Nelson who can play on the wing, even ESR or Ødegaard could do a job as playmaking wingers.

We had a lot of internal solutions but all Mikel knows is buy buy buy.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We do have backup to Tierney, Arteta just chose to ignore them both for whatever reason.

Tierney seems to miss a chunk of games per season but imo we can just about handle that without signing someone like Bertrand.

Was Cedric at LB bad enough that it was worth ruining our midfield to play Xhaka there? If you don't want to go the Cedric route then if we drop Saka to LB we still have Pepe (Willian) and Nelson who can play on the wing, even ESR or Ødegaard could do a job as playmaking wingers.

We had a lot of internal solutions but all Mikel knows is buy buy buy.

Im not reading all this on a Monday.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Don't think many clubs would go for a 'recall at anytime' kind of loan, unless they were loaning as a squad player.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't think many clubs would go for a 'recall at anytime' kind of loan, unless they were loaning as a squad player.
I think you pay a fee, or you have the option to do it in Jan if needed.

We did it with Eddie last year although I think that's because he wasn't playing enough.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Orrr...don’t sign Bertrand at all.

Send Doig on loan to the championship with the option to recall him at any moment.

In the meantime gamble on Tierney’s fitness and actually use Cedric/Saka as left back cover. If that works out as a complete disaster then bring Doig back or sign Bertrand/some other jin Jan.

I really don’t want us wasting resources on Bertrand without at least trying some other stuff.

Don't even need to send him to the Championship, just give him to Gerard at Rangers or to @bingobob at Celtic for a year if need be.

And even with Bertrand, this shouldn't stop us from signing him and having him ready to be a sub once Ryan is out of contract in 4 years time.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Havent seen anything off him but if Rangers and Celtic are looking at him and he's winning awards at 17/18 then he must have something about him. 5-6m probably more than enough to get him and that could be staggered over 2 or 3 payments. We could literally sign a young promising British full back for the amount as the signing on fee and agent fees we may give to a senior player on a free.

As I said in another post. Our back up players should be young developing players. Not 32 year old has beens who cost the same over the 2 or 3 years, who have 0 resale value and most of them know they are coming to sit on the bench. Nothing to prove.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I believe that if we sign him at 18 years old, like Saliba he will count as home grown I believe having spent 3 years at the club prior to turning 21.

Can anyone confirm that one way of the other?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Orrr...don’t sign Bertrand at all.

Send Doig on loan to the championship with the option to recall him at any moment.

In the meantime gamble on Tierney’s fitness and actually use Cedric/Saka as left back cover. If that works out as a complete disaster then bring Doig back or sign Bertrand/some other jin Jan.

I really don’t want us wasting resources on Bertrand without at least trying some other stuff.

You told me you were knowledgable about football, and then you go and pull out this beauty.

This is next level stupidity. We didn't use Cedric there when KT got injured this season, we used ****ing Xhaka, so why would you expect that to happen hahaha? You know why we didn't use Cedric there? Because he wasn't comfortable there being right footed, you get to the byline and have to cut in which doesn't help.

The mind boggles.

Goonger

I believe that if we sign him at 18 years old, like Saliba he will count as home grown I believe having spent 3 years at the club prior to turning 21.

Can anyone confirm that one way of the other?

He's 19 tomorrow so don't think that will come into it I'm afraid. I did think about that as well before I checked his birthday last week.

Pepesuave

Why not go for young PL experience like Antonee Robinson? Fulham should be fine in the Championship with Joe Bryan. I reckon we could get him on the cheap like Liverpool did with Robertson when Hull got relegated

Zazu

Hibs just announced some sort of official partnership with Brighton.

Not sure on all the details as of yet, but they might get some sort of first refusal thing with Doig from it.

You'd imagine he'd choose Arsenal over Brighton if it came to it though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hibs just announced some sort of official partnership with Brighton.

Not sure on all the details as of yet, but they might get some sort of first refusal thing with Doig from it.

You'd imagine he'd choose Arsenal over Brighton if it came to it though.

Also he's only 189cm tall, so a bit short to be a Brighton LB surely?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A Scot on another thread a few days back said the player won that award but still was likely not ready, presumably based on watching him play. Not sure who else has watched enough of him to determine, maybe you've seen him in a few league matches?
I've seen a few bits and pieces of Hibs games now just to watch him. Linked with Celtic as well.

Not sure where the age issue comes into play. He got 30 odd games for Hibs who finished 3rd this season. Pretty much got more experience than Saliba at the same age but he will be coming from an environment that's similar to English football and has a like for like remodel in Tierney.

I'd bring him in and integrate him into the first team. Everything I've seen is hugely positive. And if we wait and he does goto Celtic or another English team like McGinn done then you're facing a much higher cost to get him. 2m is nothing for us. Go pay it upfront Hibs will bite our hand off for it.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom