• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He 5 years younger and potentially better Bissouma Partey are very similar different profiles needed
Xhaka is 27 and I'd argue in his prime. He's one of Arteta's most trusted players and knows the tactics and other players very well. There's just no chance Neves comes in and improves on Xhaka short term. If you want to keep the profile of Xhaka but upgrade on him in some way you try to find someone with similar traits but with more mobility, agility and pace. Neves is not it.

I don't disagree we could benefit from a different profile compared to Partey and Bissouma but I'd also argue that they aren't quite as similar as people on here tend to make them out to be.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka is 27 and I'd argue in his prime. He's one of Arteta's most trusted players and knows the tactics and other players very well. There's just no chance Neves comes in and improves on Xhaka short term. If you want to keep the profile of Xhaka but upgrade on him in some way you try to find someone with similar traits but with more mobility, agility and pace. Neves is not it.

I don't disagree we could benefit from a different profile compared to Partey and Bissouma but I'd also argue that they aren't quite as similar as people on here tend to make them out to be.
That's why we replace him with similar player but with more potential and brain. Xhaka-Partey worked really well in 4231.

Let's play Aubamawang

On the assumption that all 3 of Bissouma, Partey and El Nenny reach the final, which is impossible, I think they would miss 2 league games.

Worst case scenario is we are left with Willock, young CM, Azeez, Saka and Chambers for 1 or 2 games.
You're assuming they don't go off for a training camp one, maybe two weeks before the tournament. And that is a lot of players to miss even for a handful of games. There's some great African players out there, I just don't think it's sensible to rely on too many of them in the first team.

As for a South American, I was thinking more of a hidden gem like Martinelli so we can use funds elsewhere.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

That's why we replace him with similar player but with more potential and brain. Xhaka-Partey worked really well in 4231.
If Xhaka end up leaving, then that's fair. But if we want to upgrade our midfield, this isn't the way to do it IMHO (and it's stupid to think otherwise!)

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If Xhaka end up leaving, then that's fair. But if we want to upgrade our midfield, this isn't the way to do it IMHO (and it's stupid to think otherwise!)
Yes i think we getting Neves because him leaving to Roma wouldn't make sense getting Neves and Xhaka still here we'd only settle for someone like Bissouma but now we need both because him leaving

Legend14

Established Member
How would you do it then?

I see Bissouma as an upgrade to Xhaka and a better partner for Partey. In the 4-2-3-1 he makes sense.

I don’t see Xhaka moving us forward, so keeping him does nothing.

Last edited:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

How would you do it then?

I see Bissouma as an upgrade to Xhaka and a better partner for Partey. In the 4-2-3-1 he makes sense.

I don’t see Xhaka moving us forward, so keeping does nothing.

I'd be very happy with Bissouma as well, or why not Tchouaméni who made Ligue 1 team of the year at 21 y/o. Both would work in a pivot as well as the holding mid in a 3 with Partey on one side and why not ESR or Saka on the other..?

I'm also one of the few(?) on here, together with @Toby Andrl who thinks Sabitzer would be a very good signing for where we're at right now.

Ideally though, we'd go all in for Ryan Gravenberch. But that's somewhat of a pipe dream

I'm not arguing we should keep Xhaka. I actually don't rate his skill set at all in the PL - though I think he could be immense in Serie A. What I'm saying is just that Neves wouldn't be an upgrade on him.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Bissouma by himself is not gonna make ya better attacking. I agree he would be a very nice signing only if we get a very good CAM. Problem is what CAM are we going to get... We lost already the one suited us better and probably Ode as well. Now we are going for Neves and Brandt? Pfffff

Legend14

Established Member
I'd be very happy with Bissouma as well, or why not Tchouaméni who made Ligue 1 team of the year at 21 y/o. Both would work in a pivot as well as the holding mid in a 3 with Partey on one side and why not ESR or Saka on the other..?

I'm also one of the few(?) on here, together with @Toby Andrl who thinks Sabitzer would be a very good signing for where we're at right now.

Ideally though, we'd go all in for Ryan Gravenberch. But that's somewhat of a pipe dream

I'm not arguing we should keep Xhaka. I actually don't rate his skill set at all in the PL - though I think he could be immense in Serie A. What I'm saying is just that Neves wouldn't be an upgrade on him.
Yes, I agree Neves is not an upgrade.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Did you really search every players first name with my username? I was being sarcastic there anyway.

Not really, these were the first two midfielders that popped up, I didn't search for others: defenders, attack etc...

I am sure you have plenty other mentions of Granit, Sead, Shkodran, Mohammed, Nicolas, Martin, Aisnley :lol: etc....

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is what you call a press resistence. See how often teams try to press him and his ability to beat a player with first steps and pace is impressive. Something slow midfielders cant do. I watched their game against City and even though City were down to 10. Brighton won and there were so many incidents City tried to press him and he beat them and open the play for Brighton. second half they actually stopped pressing him. Now lets compare it to the neves video. every video is him shooting long distance and long passes to wide players. Off the ball he is simply bad

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
There is still no serious links with Bissouma but most reliable sites saying he is a target we looking at so that positive maybe after Neves and selling Guendouzi we'd go for him hopefully he patient to wait.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

This is what you call a press resistence. See how often teams try to press him and his ability to beat a player with first steps and pace is impressive. Something slow midfielders cant do. I watched their game against City and even though City were down to 10. Brighton won and there were so many incidents City tried to press him and he beat them and open the play for Brighton. second half they actually stopped pressing him. Now lets compare it to the neves video. every video is him shooting long distance and long passes to wide players. Off the ball he is simply bad
If we pair him with Partey then we should play a very classic two men midfield. The two are capable of attacking and defending so they should be coordinating very well to cover each other. When one attacks the other stays. And the CAM should have more Freedom. Ironically thats the perfect midfield for Özil.

In a three mid field I don't know... One has to sit more deeply always... And i don't know which of them would suit that. Both are more dynamic players who likes to roam. More like a b2b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom