• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manuel Locatelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
London
Wages
Premier league
Players do seem to like the project here no matter what people think

You do have a few factors as to why he may decide to come here. He's already said he's open to a move abroad so that's cool.

Hes also only 23 years old, so regardless of where his career goes this won't be his last big contract.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Should be more worried about Dortmund tbh, they have the Ps, UEFA and quality football to sign him.
He literally mentioned a couple of his preferences for an abroad transfer. I'm sure many think Dortmund is a great city.

Manuel Locatelli to L'Équipe: "I'm open to an experience abroad of Italy. PSG? I'd like this kind of opportunity, PSG is a world top club in a great city"

And yeah, I'm not so sure we can attract him without European football.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
London
Wages
Premier league
Players do seem to like the project here no matter what people think

You do have a few factors as to why he may decide to come here. He's already said he's open to a move abroad so that's cool.

Hes also only 23 years old, so regardless of where his career goes this won't be his last big contract.
Literally zero evidence that players like the current project. Back to back 8th place finishes does not inspire confidence.

Finesse

Literally zero evidence that players like the current project. Back to back 8th place finishes does not inspire confidence.
Back to back 8th finish is not our project. The project is now and the future plans and what we are putting together to make that challenge. If the reports of an Arsenal bid is correct , then we must have spoken to his camp to get a go ahead. That is Edu's signature move. It will come down to the player sitting down with his camp and making a decision after the Euro campaign. Of course it will not be a clean sweep for Arsenal. However I am happy we are in the mix and aware of our competition and therefore must design an attractive package for the player and structure a better payment structure with the selling club to fend off competition. We did that with Gabriel

TakeChillPill

Established Member
"Special relationship" ffs. Grow a set & let us buy him lol!

P. S. Juve can have Xhaka for half the price of Locatelli, I'll even offer them an extra couple of million euro discount just to piss off Mourinho.
Xhaka to Juve would be great, at the end of next season they'll qualify Europa League

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watch Juve's interest in Xhaka mean that they aren't interested in Locatelli anymore.

Let's sell Xhaka to Juve and buy Locatelli.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I agree, I was on the Bissouma bandwagon at the beginning of the season, but if it looks like we are signing Lokonga and keeping Willock; then I think we should look at a Xhaka type midfielder. I would want our midfield to have different variations and specialities.
Partey and Lokonga: all-rounder types
Willock: goal-scoring CM, Ramsey-type
Locatelli: Controlling midfielder, Xhaka-type

Would be nice if we could get a ball-winner but for a possession based team I don't think Arteta sees that as a necessity.
TBF, Locatelli's ball-winning stats show up pretty well for a more technical player. As does Lokonga. I don't think having a specific ball-winner is particularly progressive - that said, I don't think Bissouma is just a ball-winner either.

Token Yank

We suck right now but attracting players doesn't seem to be an issue (yet). We signed Partey, and according to rumors United (among other clubs) were after Pepe and Gabriel. I assume Tierney also had suitors.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Almost zero chance of this happening , but I like the intend and was highly impressed with him during the games with Italy.

If now the Ramsdale rumor could turn out to be wrong, all of our real targets would actually pretty good.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This place is so funny sometimes. We want the club to bid for a player and when the club actually does, some on here start saying the player will never come. Lol
We're just being realistic. Everyone of us would be elated if we could bull thiss off.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Where's his Crab Stats? I'm not getting excited until I've seen the Crab.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just speaks to a lack of a plan. He plays for Sassulo ffs. There has been so much time to get in contact with his representatives prior to the euros and make a bid. Instead it seems more like Edu rang Arteta up while watching Italy saying, this Locatelli guy looks good shall we bid?

He is good on the ball, but just strikes me as a Ceballos type off it. I don't feel high tackling numbers translate to England when you press so little off the ball. I can see him being outrun and bypassed quite easily. Would much rather Renato Sanches. Statistically they are quite similar, but the physcaility of Renato and his shot creation statistics are far better than Locatelli, not to mention the prospect of him settling in easier.

daron christie

Just speaks to a lack of a plan. He plays for Sassulo ffs. There has been so much time to get in contact with his representatives prior to the euros and make a bid. Instead it seems more like Edu rang Arteta up while watching Italy saying, this Locatelli guy looks good shall we bid?

He is good on the ball, but just strikes me as a Ceballos type off it. I don't feel high tackling numbers translate to England when you press so little off the ball. I can see him being outrun and bypassed quite easily. Would much rather Renato Sanches. Statistically they are quite similar, but the physcaility of Renato and his shot creation statistics are far better than Locatelli, not to mention the prospect of him settling in easier.
Sanches wants the move is more dynamic which is what we’re lacking …Sanches is a no brainier

TornadoTed

Established Member
Why would Juventus buy Xhaka? they already have Ramsey, Rabiot, Bentancur, Arthur and McKennie, I don't see how he improves them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

No surprise that the only other ignorant so and so on here liked this and the response to you got far more likes.

Are you not thinking about what you're typing? The project was shown to Partey, this isn't a short term thing. Same thing with Gabriel, these guys chose Arsenal over CL clubs.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
No surprise that the only other ignorant so and so on here liked this and the response to you got far more likes.

Are you not thinking about what you're typing? The project was shown to Partey, this isn't a short term thing. Same thing with Gabriel, these guys chose Arsenal over CL clubs.
A year makes a big difference in the belief of a project. I’m clearly referring to this season, hence I mentioned back to back 8th place finishes. You have zero evidence that new players are buying into our project this transfer season. Let’s see how many players buy into the current project without offering them insane wage increases and poaching them from other midtable clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom