• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manuel Locatelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Just speaks to a lack of a plan. He plays for Sassulo ffs. There has been so much time to get in contact with his representatives prior to the euros and make a bid. Instead it seems more like Edu rang Arteta up while watching Italy saying, this Locatelli guy looks good shall we bid?

He is good on the ball, but just strikes me as a Ceballos type off it. I don't feel high tackling numbers translate to England when you press so little off the ball. I can see him being outrun and bypassed quite easily. Would much rather Renato Sanches. Statistically they are quite similar, but the physcaility of Renato and his shot creation statistics are far better than Locatelli, not to mention the prospect of him settling in easier.
There have been reports of us tracking him for months...

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Back to back 8th finish is not our project. The project is now and the future plans and what we are putting together to make that challenge. If the reports of an Arsenal bid is correct , then we must have spoken to his camp to get a go ahead. That is Edu's signature move. It will come down to the player sitting down with his camp and making a decision after the Euro campaign. Of course it will not be a clean sweep for Arsenal. However I am happy we are in the mix and aware of our competition and therefore must design an attractive package for the player and structure a better payment structure with the selling club to fend off competition. We did that with Gabriel
Back to back 8th place finishes is how the current “project” is going. Literally no signs of improvement from last season. All we are seeing is a decline and a steep decline since Wenger left. The board backing a rookie manger with the worst results in modern history is also a sign that the club lacks ambition and is not taking this project seriously at all.

So let’s see if any players with serious suitors buy into this clearly failing project we have at Arsenal. We already failed in signing one player (Buendia) who went to ducking Aston Villa over us.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A year makes a big difference in the belief of a project. I’m clearly referring to this season, hence I mentioned back to back 8th place finishes. You have zero evidence that new players are buying into our project this transfer season. Let’s see how many players buy into the current project without offering them insane wage increases and poaching them from other midtable clubs.

So basically what you're saying is you'll call out any signings we make? United just signed sancho on crazy wages, 250k a week. I guess your belief is he only went there due to crazy wages?

We will offer "crazy wages" to big players and we will also be poaching good players from lower clubs. Deal with it.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
We suck right now but attracting players doesn't seem to be an issue (yet). We signed Partey, and according to rumors United (among other clubs) were after Pepe and Gabriel. I assume Tierney also had suitors.
Partey was a year ago after a FA cup win and the jury was still out on Arteta. A year later, everyone can tell that Arteta should’ve been sacked a long time ago and honestly it’s a huge indictment on the ambition of the club that he’s still in charge. Pepe was signed when Emery got us to a EL final and was 2 points off 3rd place.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Back to back 8th place finishes is how the current “project” is going. Literally no signs of improvement from last season. All we are seeing is a decline and a steep decline since Wenger left. The board backing a rookie manger with the worst results in modern history is also a sign that the club lacks ambition and is not taking this project seriously at all.

So let’s see if any players with serious suitors buy into this clearly failing project we have at Arsenal. We already failed in signing one player (Buendia) who went to ducking Aston Villa over us.

Please before you start chatting utter nonsense do some research. We didn't fully go in for Buendia.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Partey was a year ago after a FA cup win and the jury was still out on Arteta. A year later, everyone can tell that Arteta should’ve been sacked a long time ago and honestly it’s a huge indictment on the ambition of the club that he’s still in charge. Pepe was signed when Emery got us to a EL final and was 2 points off 3rd place.

Arteta turned things around in a big way after Christmas. From 7 losses in 12 to 5 losses in 26 games.

He turned things around and we improved a lot, hence why he has stayed. Now he's getting a big window and if he fails he will be sacked quickly. Its really that simple. People will buy into the project even without European football.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
So basically what you're saying is you'll call out any signings we make? United just signed sancho on crazy wages, 250k a week. I guess your belief is he only went there due to crazy wages?

We will offer "crazy wages" to big players and we will also be poaching good players from lower clubs. Deal with it.

What? You’re the one claiming that players are still buying into a project and hence we can pip players from other CL clubs.
Im just pointing out that if that’s the case, the only reasonable evidence would be us poaching players from well know CL clubs without offering substantial pay increase and/or poaching a player that has significant interest from other well known clubs but the player chooses us because of the project.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Please before you start chatting utter nonsense do some research. We didn't fully go in for Buendia.
Speaking of nonsense, you keep claiming people are still buying into the project with literally zero evidence. Let’s see if Mikel is as good at fooling players as he is with some of this dumb ass fanbase.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Arteta turned things around in a big way after Christmas. From 7 losses in 12 to 5 losses in 26 games.

He turned things around and we improved a lot, hence why he has stayed. Now he's getting a big window and if he fails he will be sacked quickly. Its really that simple. People will buy into the project even without European football.
Absolute lol. You know my thoughts on your selective memory with our season and how you chop up the stats to make Tets look good. Last season he was 8th and this season he was 8th. So zero improvement despite spending.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Absolute lol. You know my thoughts on your selective memory with our season and how you chop up the stats to make Tets look good. Last season he was 8th and this season he was 8th. So zero improvement despite spending.

I mean the fact that you think Arteta was at fault for finishing 8th in half a season is worrying in itself.

Nobody is chopping up stats. The stats coincide with Partey being fit and ESR/Ødegaard coming into the side. 7 losses in 12 to 5 losses in 26. That's an improvement no matter how you try to spin it.

If we start doing well next season people like yourself don't even deserve to support it. There's guys on here that put their opinion across and dislike Arteta's ways in a good, peaceful Manor. Then you have the likes of yourself and Kashpotato who are just downright disrespectful.

Anyway, let's just see what business we do and then talk.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I mean the fact that you think Arteta was at fault for finishing 8th in half a season is worrying in itself.

Nobody is chopping up stats. The stats coincide with Partey being fit and ESR/Ødegaard coming into the side. 7 losses in 12 to 5 losses in 26. That's an improvement no matter how you try to spin it.

If we start doing well next season people like yourself don't even deserve to support it. There's guys on here that put their opinion across and dislike Arteta's ways in a good, peaceful Manor. Then you have the likes of yourself and Kashpotato who are just downright disrespectful.

Anyway, let's just see what business we do and then talk.
Civility went out the window when some of the Arteta-in folks started behaving like they’re in a god damn cult and spewing the selective bullshit stats that you keep repeating. It’s also hilarious that all it took for you to be Arteta out was the EL loss, but just like clock work, like any good cult-ist, you were back on the Tets train once we managed wins against relegation fodder who had nothing to play for.

But alas, this topic is about Locatelli, so I won’t continue to rehash the same tired old feuds.

I hope we get the lad, hopefully playing in Bundesliga is not attractive. Plus with the way we’re run, if he doesn’t like it here, not hard to move.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

United is a huge club. They play CL football regularly. They do pay big wages. However if you want to play in England and City aren't interested in you United is the next biggest move. 250k isn't too bad for an attacking player at 23.

There's a big difference joining United than Arsenal right now. Night and day.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
United is a huge club. They play CL football regularly. They do pay big wages. However if you want to play in England and City aren't interested in you United is the next biggest move. 250k isn't too bad for an attacking player at 23.

There's a big difference joining United than Arsenal right now. Night and day.

Ageee that ManU is waayy more attractive than us right now, this should be obvious.

But they have been attractive nonetheless when they've been as bad as us, not too long ago.
Stop acting like we arent a big club by name also. It always depends on the competition for a particular player, but there's only oh so many players the big ones can buy, for every other guy, Arsenal is still a dream club to get an offer from.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Ageee that ManU is waayy more attractive than us right now, this should be obvious.

But they have been attractive nonetheless when they've been as bad as us, not too long ago.
Stop acting like we arent a big club by name also. It always depends on the competition for a particular player, but there's only oh so many players the big ones can buy, for every other guy, Arsenal is still a dream club to get an offer from.
United has not sunk as low as us despite being in their banter years. This is why I hate Arteta, can’t even enjoy United being a banter club anymore. ****, even Tottenham is ahead of us. This is the worst timeline.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Why are we signing flop of the Euros? Even Xhaka who AM clown weekly has done so much better than him?

Do.Not.Want.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Is it really for a 23 year old who would barely remember our success years? You take away the invincibles and there's not much to go off. A few leagues and a lot of FA cups which is decent but nothing to that shouts massive club.

Arsenal fans think of 4th and taking part in the CL as success. But top footballers don't. Thats the difference.

If we solely think about football and ambition to achieve something in football we are waaaaaay down the list of clubs a player would want to join.

It's only when we think about the likes of London and big wages does Arsenal become more attractive to some players.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Thankfully it sounds like bollocks. Sassuolo guy is just trying to get Juve to actually make a bid.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
United has not sunk as low as us despite being in their banter years. This is why I hate Arteta, can’t even enjoy United being a banter club anymore. ****, even Tottenham is ahead of us. This is the worst timeline.

Despite spending way more money United finished 5th (66 points), 6th, 2nd, 6th (66 points), 3rd (66 points). Both clubs are in completely similar scenarios but United have just been in their rut for longer. They hired Ole, who well know isn't good enough, but he's brought stability because United were chopping and changing managers every 5 seconds.

Same thing with Arteta, they're sticking with him for stability and rightly so. Unless you want us to become United and throw £150M at it every summer whilst changing the manager every 2 years?

However this thread has been completely derailed so that's enough.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If Juve can strike a deal with Sassoulo then he'll end up there, which is still the most likely outcome. But with the reports of them not being able to meet Sassoulo's demands there's a small chance it'll end up being between us and Dortmund. Both moves would be big step ups for him and if it comes down to it I think we'll offer a big enough contract compared to Dortmund and thaat + London will be it.

With regards to the project of the club I still think that could be sold quite easily. We have the history of stature of the club per se. We have a 19 y/o starting for a very competitive England side and are showing intent with the bids and expected purchase of White. On top of that you show him some progressive numbers like 2nd since Christmas and how he'll come to replace and upgrade Xhaka who, in the rest of Europe's eyes is known as a key player of Arsenal as well as being the Swiss captain and who's having a really great tournament having been man of the match when they eliminated the World Champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom