• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
20 years old Ødegaard had 9 league goals and 12 league assists in 33 starts of Eredivisie games. 21 years old Maddison had 14 league goals and 8 league assists in 42 starts of Championship games. Eredivisie and Championship are pretty much the same level so In term of potential, Ødegaard is ‘’at least’’ as good as Maddy’ potential and Ode is cheaper.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
What is the clubs target? Top 4? You aren’t getting top 4 with Ode, Sambi and Ben White.

Seems we are spending all this money this to scrape into top 6.

Maddison and a top CM gives you a chance at top 6 I think.
We only finished 6 or 7 points off the top 4 despite having a largely horrendous season, not sure how you figure adding them 3 only makes us scrape top 6?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We only finished 6 or 7 points off the top 4 despite having a largely horrendous season, not sure how you figure adding them 3 only makes us scrape top 6?
Other teams improve though, look at what United have done. And we know Liverpool are way ahead when everyone is fit.

That’s not including the oil clubs who can do what they want in the market, and Leicester who always invest wisely.

We need to proportionally improve our team better so that means White Ødegaard/Maddison Lokonga a good CM and a good RB if we want a shot at top4. Even then, we need some gelling time.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Other teams improve though, look at what United have done. And we know Liverpool are way ahead when everyone is fit.

That’s not including the oil clubs who can do what they want in the market, and Leicester who always invest wisely.

We need to proportionally improve our team better so that means White Ødegaard/Maddison Lokonga a good CM and a good RB if we want a shot at top4. Even then, we need some gelling time.

ManU got like 9-12 points more due to horrendous referee performances whilst the same guys have basically stolen us easily 9 points+, we've been probably been robbed more this season than any other team.

We've had a very very long run without wins which is not to be expected to happen again like this, especially not with multiple key signings.

Think we'll improve more than others and we've also got more leeway to do so.
The 26 games as 2nd place highly suggests there's no reason for us to be in contention for 6-4 place whilst there's no guarantee for anything with so many strong teams.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Even if we make those signings which I agree are absolutely necessary, you'd probably still put us 5th in terms of talent. It's a long season and a lot can happen though...for top 4 to be realistic you'd have to hope that one of United or Chelsea (perhaps Liverpool) suffers some sort of crisis, be it injury or form, or perhaps has important focus taken away from the league with a run deep into CL.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

What makes you think we won't improve aswell? Aubameyang can't be as bad again. Partey settled. Saka and ESR with a season of experience.

Goonger

We got 61 points last season, after a horrendous first part of the season.

What we should be doing is aiming for a points improvement, say 70+ points, & see where that takes us.

More consistency in performances, more consistency in results, then let the league table take care of itself.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We got 61 points last season, after a horrendous first part of the season.

What we should be doing is aiming for a points improvement, say 70+ points, & see where that takes us.

More consistency in performances, more consistency in results, then let the league table take care of itself.
Wrong thread my friend

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What makes you think we won't improve aswell? Aubameyang can't be as bad again. Partey settled. Saka and ESR with a season of experience.
No my point is we need to improve. So yes Partey needs to be fit, Auba back to his best, and players who really improve us signed.

The 6-7 points off the top4 thing isn’t right imo, we were clearly not on the same level as those sides. The pressure was off the second half of the season.

Pyres7

Our squad was about the 6th best in the league last season, how can we spend £150m+ and expect to finish 6th? A good manager could do that with the same squad we had last season, no need to throw money off rooftops if that's our goal.

The whole point of overpaying for players like White, Maddison, and Neves because they're 'proven PL players' who don't need to adapt to the league.

The target should be at least a 70 point finish, which gives us a decent chance of top four depending on how well the other teams do. We can do that if we're more consistent against the lower and mid table teams, it's not an impossible target.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
No my point is we need to improve. So yes Partey needs to be fit, Auba back to his best, and players who really improve us signed.

The 6-7 points off the top4 thing isn’t right imo, we were clearly not on the same level as those sides. The pressure was off the second half of the season.
Don't underestimate the impact having 1 game a week could have. The others won't have that luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom