• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Haphazard

For Leicester?

A right sided forward/winger, maybe on loan with an option to buy. Then I think that is it all done....A terrific window.

For Arsenal?

I guess it's just a continuation, unfortunately, of Kroenke doing Kroenke things.
I say this with sincerity, and not to troll, as it must be upsetting to see the fact that Leicester have gone out and addressed an issue, about a week after it occurred, whilst Arsenal haven't got the Maddison deal done when it's just as straight forward.
Have to say I've been so impressed with Leicester's ownership and governance not just the footballing side of things. You had an owner in Vichai who was actually interested in helping out and I think his son has continued the trend . An excellent scouting network that manages to find good players and turn profit on them if they are sold and manage to replace them well.

Most of all there seems to be a clear ambition from the club that they strive to be the best with their given resources and they want to improve. I think the only bad thing since Rodgers has arrived is that you should have made top 4 fairly easily 2 years in a row but lost out at the last moment. I think 4-5 consecutive seasons in the CL would do your club wonders.

Chaoz_Enigma

The problem is we're always willing to pay that little bit less for a risk or someone whose stats look good rather than pay market price for quality. Chelsea and Hazard are a prime example of the difference - we bought Gervinho for 12 million when we could've bought Hazard for around 20 at the time. Chelsea buy Hazard later, he delivers them amazing performances for years and they make a massive amount on the investment.

Signing off on the club spending its own money isnt support - especially given how little we were "allowed" spend over the years ffs.

The idea of being Self sufficient is the club is for the fans, not a billionaires way of increasing their value - the fact the Kroenke's run Arsenal like an investment means the whole self sufficient stuff is merely an excuse and is out the window.

Statdna is essentially useless from what I can see because it either doesnt identify the players that we need/are good or our management dont know how to use it --- generally if the users can use a piece of software its not the users fault.

Your entire post is nothing but an argument to have low expectations.
Fair enough, if look back at my post I have to admit my post is in its way reflecting on how my expectations are low due to the current situations.

And your points on how the owner is running the club(or lack thereof) is also a good point on why we are not improving and getting worse.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Fair enough, if look back at my post I have to admit my post is in its way reflecting on how my expectations are low due to the current situations.

And your points on how the owner is running the club(or lack thereof) is also a good point on why we are not improving and getting worse.
Sorry if I come off a bit aggressive, just hate what the Kroenke's have done with the club. Its not as bad as what Ashely does with Newcastle or Glazers at Utd but its been a pretty terrible stewardship of the club.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The problem is we're always willing to pay that little bit less for a risk or someone whose stats look good rather than pay market price for quality. Chelsea and Hazard are a prime example of the difference - we bought Gervinho for 12 million when we could've bought Hazard for around 20 at the time. Chelsea buy Hazard later, he delivers them amazing performances for years and they make a massive amount on the investment.

Signing off on the club spending its own money isnt support - especially given how little we were "allowed" spend over the years ffs.

The idea of being Self sufficient is the club is for the fans, not a billionaires way of increasing their value - the fact the Kroenke's run Arsenal like an investment means the whole self sufficient stuff is merely an excuse and is out the window.

Statdna is essentially useless from what I can see because it either doesnt identify the players that we need/are good or our management dont know how to use it --- generally if the users can use a piece of software its not the users fault.

Your entire post is nothing but an argument to have low expectations.

Gervinho and Hazard are a great example of when you should pay extra for top quality. Wenger had his hands tied and defended the cautious approach in his autobiography. But with hindsight it was clearly a massive mistake for the club. We had the ownership who could have invested more at the time and they massively shackled the club by trying to do it on a budget. The other obvious example is Suarez. There are some players that are worth spending on if the opportunity is there.

I'm not really seeing those opportunities this window to be fair though. Maybe Sterling if he's available. Grealish last window was an obvious example though. Rice would be worth a massive fee if he'd come here.

OxfordFox

A quick glance at the three main Leicester forums reveals that literally nobody on there thinks this transfer is going to happen. That doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t, but the assumption among Leicester fans is still very much that Maddison will start the season with us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A quick glance at the three main Leicester forums reveals that literally nobody on there thinks this transfer is going to happen. That doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t, but the assumption among Leicester fans is still very much that Maddison will start the season with us.
He is trolling you. This deal looks dead in the water

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I'm starting to feel this will happen, either this one or Ødegaard.

We've got Brentford tomorrow, which might prove difficult for us. After that, it's Chelsea at home, WBA away in the Carabao Cup 2nd round and City away on the 28th.

In order to save his career, Arteta will give in to Leicester or Madrid and splash the sum they require (70-80m) to give Arsenal fans hope again in the final three days of the window.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I love all these “I don’t care if he goes” Foxes that jump on this thread as soon as it gets bumped :lol:

Man are scanning multiple Leicester forums for updates on one of their ”disposable” midfielders uno.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
I'm not sure how many times I have to post this again, but this deal will happen....100%....Once Arsenal put the cash on the table Leicester want.

I fully understand that it's a lot of cash for Arsenal, but the longer the 'negotiations' go on, the more expensive it is going to get.
If Arsenal had been trying to make this happen since January/February time for example, like Leicester were with Soumare, Leicester would have been looking at additional targets, and it probably would have been done for around £60 million.
Now...It's going to be more like £65-80 million for it to go through.

It's like the Grealish transfer.
Aston Villa knew for months that it could happen, there were rumours before and during the Euros that it was already a done deal.
So they were allowed to act quickly, and bring Buendia in, offering a better deal to Norwich than Arsenal did.

If Buendia was still on the market, same with Leon Bailey (Although Berardi is still the clubs first choice RW, but the deal is complicated because of Locatelli), Leicester would have been open to doing the deal before the window even opened.

Halcyon Daze

I'm not sure how many times I have to post this again, but this deal will happen....100%....Once Arsenal put the cash on the table Leicester want.

I fully understand that it's a lot of cash for Arsenal, but the longer the 'negotiations' go on, the more expensive it is going to get.
If Arsenal had been trying to make this happen since January/February time for example, like Leicester were with Soumare, Leicester would have been looking at additional targets, and it probably would have been done for around £60 million.
Now...It's going to be more like £65-80 million for it to go through.

It's like the Grealish transfer.
Aston Villa knew for months that it could happen, there were rumours before and during the Euros that it was already a done deal.
So they were allowed to act quickly, and bring Buendia in, offering a better deal to Norwich than Arsenal did.

If Buendia was still on the market, same with Leon Bailey (Although Berardi is still the clubs first choice RW, but the deal is complicated because of Locatelli), Leicester would have been open to doing the deal before the window even opened.
Stopped reading this essay after the first paragraph. But stop making out you know what’s going on in the negotiations, you’re as clueless as the rest of us.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom