• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Look, I noticed you’re female from a previous post, so I’ll be kind. But your optimism is so misplaced. Not interested in your reply, but this has been a complete shambles. Particularly at GK which is not a major area of concern. But yeah, I’m not happy.
Wat :lol:

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
I was saying what will be next?

For Leicester?

A right sided forward/winger, maybe on loan with an option to buy. Then I think that is it all done....A terrific window.

For Arsenal?

I guess it's just a continuation, unfortunately, of Kroenke doing Kroenke things.
I say this with sincerity, and not to troll, as it must be upsetting to see the fact that Leicester have gone out and addressed an issue, about a week after it occurred, whilst Arsenal haven't got the Maddison deal done when it's just as straight forward.

Chaoz_Enigma

For Leicester?

A right sided forward/winger, maybe on loan with an option to buy. Then I think that is it all done....A terrific window.

For Arsenal?

I guess it's just a continuation, unfortunately, of Kroenke doing Kroenke things.
I say this with sincerity, and not to troll, as it must be upsetting to see the fact that Leicester have gone out and addressed an issue, about a week after it occurred, whilst Arsenal haven't got the Maddison deal done when it's just as straight forward.
Negotiations for high compensation its never that easy. We ain't that loaded that we can just bid what other clubs want. its probably a process of they rejected our offer, we use intermediaries, we asks their agents to speak to the club. So and so on

If we compare us to teams like Chelsea why they can do transfers faster than us, its simple, they have cash lying around to bid higher prices than us. Why would they have so much and better net spend than us? They really have good loan system which generates alot of incoming cash to offset their expenditure. For us we started late, our academy and loan system was very outdated and we are playing catch up to Chelsea's and Man City's system. From our 7 loanees that has been done by Per this season, its starting to bear fruit in the system. Hopefully we can catch up to these clubs in terms of output from our own system. I think this also speaks for Leicester as well, they have fantastic recruitment with not a very big brand initially, which made them able to invest without getting prices bloated around them. If Arsenal or any of the big sides goes into business, its definitely at premium as everyone knows they are loaded. But Arsenal is in no man's land, despite having big brands they just dont have enough liquidity when compared to other big teams. Leicester on the other hand other teams won't overcharge them too much as they are not well-known to be extremely loaded, and they were (relatively) new to the premier leagues despite winning it a few seasons ago.

In the short term therefore its useless to compare us with other clubs which can afford deals easily. We have bloated squad thats difficult to trim (deadwoods harder to ship out) Incoming commercial/andorTransfers cash thats less than our competitors. So in the end thats our main way of money pinching in deals, which lead to slow negotiations. Can the owners help by investing more? Well according to our history thats gonna go against our principle of being sustainable and the Kroenkes probably would not want to have too much involvement. Well to be fair with so much of net spend for Arsenal in Transfers that they signed off (Pepe, Ben White), its not like they did not support us. Its just our system is still inefficient compared to other clubs and playing catch up is always difficult. Look at Manciity and how long they take to get to where they are and how much bloated amounts are wasted on mediocre players at first.

These bull*about sustainable can only work if our system is efficient and able to catch up with the others who are simply smarter and more efficient than us. Sacking Edu in my opinion won't work, rather Arenal got to be more creative and use StatDNA more to identify more hidden gems before other teams caught on.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Negotiations for high compensation its never that easy. We ain't that loaded that we can just bid what other clubs want. its probably a process of they rejected our offer, we use intermediaries, we asks their agents to speak to the club. So and so on

If we compare us to teams like Chelsea why they can do transfers faster than us, its simple, they have cash lying around to bid higher prices than us. Why would they have so much and better net spend than us? They really have good loan system which generates alot of incoming cash to offset their expenditure. For us we started late, our academy and loan system was very outdated and we are playing catch up to Chelsea's and Man City's system. From our 7 loanees that has been done by Per this season, its starting to bear fruit in the system. Hopefully we can catch up to these clubs in terms of output from our own system. I think this also speaks for Leicester as well, they have fantastic recruitment with not a very big brand initially, which made them able to invest without getting prices bloated around them. If Arsenal or any of the big sides goes into business, its definitely at premium as everyone knows they are loaded. But Arsenal is in no man's land, despite having big brands they just dont have enough liquidity when compared to other big teams. Leicester on the other hand other teams won't overcharge them too much as they are not well-known to be extremely loaded, and they were (relatively) new to the premier leagues despite winning it a few seasons ago.

In the short term therefore its useless to compare us with other clubs which can afford deals easily. We have bloated squad thats difficult to trim (deadwoods harder to ship out) Incoming commercial/andorTransfers cash thats less than our competitors. So in the end thats our main way of money pinching in deals, which lead to slow negotiations. Can the owners help by investing more? Well according to our history thats gonna go against our principle of being sustainable and the Kroenkes probably would not want to have too much involvement. Well to be fair with so much of net spend for Arsenal in Transfers that they signed off (Pepe, Ben White), its not like they did not support us. Its just our system is still inefficient compared to other clubs and playing catch up is always difficult. Look at Manciity and how long they take to get to where they are and how much bloated amounts are wasted on mediocre players at first.

These bull*about sustainable can only work if our system is efficient and able to catch up with the others who are simply smarter and more efficient than us. Sacking Edu in my opinion won't work, rather Arenal got to be more creative and use StatDNA more to identify more hidden gems before other teams caught on.
The problem is we're always willing to pay that little bit less for a risk or someone whose stats look good rather than pay market price for quality. Chelsea and Hazard are a prime example of the difference - we bought Gervinho for 12 million when we could've bought Hazard for around 20 at the time. Chelsea buy Hazard later, he delivers them amazing performances for years and they make a massive amount on the investment.

Signing off on the club spending its own money isnt support - especially given how little we were "allowed" spend over the years ffs.

The idea of being Self sufficient is the club is for the fans, not a billionaires way of increasing their value - the fact the Kroenke's run Arsenal like an investment means the whole self sufficient stuff is merely an excuse and is out the window.

Statdna is essentially useless from what I can see because it either doesnt identify the players that we need/are good or our management dont know how to use it --- generally if the users can use a piece of software its not the users fault.

Your entire post is nothing but an argument to have low expectations.

Goonger

For Leicester?

For Arsenal?

It's straight forward in terms of pay the money Leicester want & you will sell, I get that.

What's not straight forward is we have a few positions we need to fill, we need a few people to leave, and it's a lot of money, let's be honest, more than Leicester has spent all summer.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Back
Top Bottom