• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welcome To Arsenal Ben White

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah, they are, and he was targeted for them. He'll grow into a great CB I have no concern in that but he'll never be liked by the majority of the fans because of his price. Stones signed in 2016 and only now City fans think he was worth the price.

Luiz was got so much hate yet clearly our best CB and won us an FA cup, we could of done with both of them in the team tbh, as I said I think Mari didn't help him at all.
This is like shooting midget fish in a barrel.

Haphazard

Not entirely convinced but I reckon he does much better in a back 3 where his aerial weakness can be covered by another cb and he can move forward to make progressive passes.

But the question then remains is why spend 50m on a cb who has a very obvious weakness that can be ruthlessly exploited in the most physical league in the world :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thought he might bring the best of what both Luiz and Holding bring to the team...might end up bringing the worst of them 2 instead, certainly in a back 4 :lol:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not going to try and justify this transfer, because I was against it and in favour of bringing Saliba or Mavro back into the team (Mavro is dominant in the air by the way, so under-rated on here).

That said, Ben White is clearly going to need a bit of protection whilst he settles but long term he's still a good player and he'll show that this season as well. No way that he is as bad as he looked against Brentford. The whole team was under-prepared - I'm worried about the next two games but think we'll find some form after that at least.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not going to try and justify this transfer, because I was against it and in favour of bringing Saliba or Mavro back into the team (Mavro is dominant in the air by the way, so under-rated on here).

That said, Ben White is clearly going to need a bit of protection whilst he settles but long term he's still a good player and he'll show that this season as well. No way that he is as bad as he looked against Brentford. The whole team was under-prepared - I'm worried about the next two games but think we'll find some form after that at least.
I wonder how he's gonna deal with going from Brighton a team that doesn't get much press to Arsenal where every loss has people writing articles, Talksport milking it, people making youtube videos and going viral on twitter.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I wonder how he's gonna deal with going from Brighton a team that doesn't get much press to Arsenal where every loss has people writing articles, Talksport milking it, people making youtube videos and going viral on twitter.
The biggest pressure on him will come if Saliba has another successful loan in France, that's also gonna be a massive issue for Edu and Arteta if that happens.
For every game some physical forward dominates him, people will jump on Saliba train and this whole thing will look worse than it should have.

Dumping Douzi for Xhaka and Elneny was an easy task but still didn't went well for many fans, dumping Saliba and investing 50M for a potentially weaker player, that's a tough one to digest.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The pressure is a massive step up, people underestimate that sometimes

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

If Arteta wants a small CB that struggles in the air, why didn’t he just play Chambers? Why waste £50m?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I am willing to wait and see how he does before I write him off from being able to play in a two, but when I watched Brighton last season he played in so many positions it's hard to tell what he's really like.

Furthermore, I didn't even notice him.
Bet you noticed Dunk though, now that’s a warrior, a bit like Adams.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Bet you noticed Dunk though, now that’s a warrior, a bit like Adams.
I like Dunk a lot yeah. Leader and a bit of a goal threat too.

Cause of the profile we were after this summer he was never considered sadly, our defence is young though so would have made sense.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Feel pretty sorry for White, the expectations were always going to be through the roof based on price tag. Here's a guy who's only had one PL season and it was as the right sided CB in a back 3 playing alongside Dunk and Webster. Now he's being asked to play in a 2 alongside Kevin Nash in front of a Leno in horrid form while not exactly being protected by our midfield despite playing two holding players. He's been set up to fail and he's going be such a target, it's going to be such a difficult season for him.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Feel pretty sorry for White, the expectations were always going to be through the roof based on price tag. Here's a guy who's only had one PL season and it was as the right sided CB in a back 3 playing alongside Dunk and Webster. Now he's being asked to play in a 2 alongside Kevin Nash in front of a Leno in horrid form while not exactly being protected by our midfield despite playing two holding players. He's been set up to fail and he's going be such a target, it's going to be such a difficult season for him.
Feel for Love Island Senderos

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The biggest hint that nobody was talking about his defensive ability. It was all about he’s good on the ball blah blah. We aren’t prime Barca and City who will completely dominate games. We need real defenders and I wouldn’t have paid 20 mill for this guy tbh. I would’ve had Dunk all day over Mr white.
Said all along in terms of defensive ability (not on the ball) he is Brighton's third best.

Wryer

Gut wrenching how the toxicity has permeated every level of the club.

One game and he's been condemned to the hell. Incredible.

It doesn't matter how Ben White turns out.This treatment is unacceptable at any level, in any job.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Why didn't he jump for 2nd goal though?
Mustafi was murdered for this kind of stuff. :shivering:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why didn't he jump for 2nd goal though?
Mustafi was murdered for this kind of stuff. :shivering:

220px-White_men_cant_jump.jpg

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Gut wrenching how the toxicity has permeated every level of the club.

One game and he's been condemned to the hell. Incredible.

It doesn't matter how Ben White turns out.This treatment is unacceptable at any level, in any job.
It's what they get paid big bucks for. As Dennis Rodman said 'I play basketball for free, I get paid for all the other bullshit' I'm paraphrasing but it was something like that. He should've stayed at Brighton if he wanted to be small time, he's playing with the big boys now.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It's what they get paid big bucks for. As Dennis Rodman said 'I play basketball for free, I get paid for all the other bullshit' I'm paraphrasing but it was something like that. He should've stayed at Brighton if he wanted to be small time, he's playing with the big boys now.

Such good posting.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom