• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

Tom Mix

Sp**s 2 most famous players of the Premiership era are probably Harry Kane and Gareth Bale.

Both have won **** all at that **** club, while both also grew up massive Arsenal fans, that celebrated/laughed at Sp**s during their worst day ever (when we won the league at their ground) that sums up the differences in the 2 clubs.

Hell, Arteta has been pretty crap as our manager, but still managed to win a trophy here...while Sp**s' "GOAT" Potch had to go to PSG just to win a League Cup, but still couldn't win the league :lol:
Potch is only GOAT to exceptionally gifted spud idiots who don't even know their own history. Their best manager was undoubtedly Bill Nicholson.

And Arteta has won TWO trophies!!!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s 2 most famous players of the Premiership era are probably Harry Kane and Gareth Bale.

Both have won **** all at that **** club, while both also grew up massive Arsenal fans, that celebrated/laughed at Sp**s during their worst day ever (when we won the league at their ground) that sums up the differences in the 2 clubs.

Hell, Arteta has been pretty crap as our manager, but still managed to win a trophy here...while Sp**s' "GOAT" Potch had to go to PSG just to win a League Cup, but still couldn't win the league :lol:

This is what I will remember Sp**s for.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

For me in recent history, Seaman, Adams, Wrighty are legends. The starting 11 of the invincibles are legends and Wenger.

That's it for me (won't speak to back in the day I don't know off the top of my head).

A lot of the names and criteria mentioned here are flimsy and unconvincing for me. Like Cazorla for eg he's definitely not a legend. If he and Cesc are legends then for me Özil has to be considered a legend. (I don't consider him a legend for clarity).

Arguably the biggest player we've ever signed, unmatched honours and did far more for the club than certain Emirates guys (in my opinion).

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And just to throw some extra gasoline on the fire; Xhaka is well on his way to becoming one. The absolute hatred a lot of Arsenal fans feel towards him actually helps that case.
This is the most moronic stuff I've ever read on here or you're probably trolling. If it is the latter, I apologise.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cazorla a legend lol. Got spun by Dembele in a NL derby and had to be taken off by Wenger for being dizzy.

Not my legend.
Henry missed a couple of sitters that would have won us the CL. Not my legend.

Using one specific game to discredit a player is not fair. Barca got outplayed and lost 1-0 to Granada a few years ago, Messi had to be taken ofd because he was vomiting all over the pitch :lol:

I agree that Cazorla is not an Arsenal legend. But but your argument was fallacious.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Arsenal and that lot have different standards.

Agree with everything you've said on Cesc apart from the term legend. There's a gulf between him and Vieira imo.

I mean in terms of creative ability and passing Cesc is levels above Vieira but they're different types of players.

People are hard on Cesc because when he moved to us we were starting our downfall and shifting all of our best players season on season. He still dominated midfields with his insane passes for 5-6 seasons. He was at the club for about the same time Henry was here for what it's worth.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
This is @Troopz every season since 2006...

E8sx74RWQAEH_HY.jpg:large
Wait is that Tets? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
What you on about? Anelka was CRITICAL in winning a DOUBLE.

Özil won 4 trophies here. Ramsey is our scoring mid ever. These two meet your criteria too.

Just say you love Santi and leave it at that.

Critical in winning a double? Nah he was decent but never a key member of that squad, as you could see when he flopped at Real Madrid.

Some of you just want to put all the players that won titles and scored in FA Cup finals in your legends list. It's about your fave team rather than what an individual brought to the table

As for Ramsey and Santi, did you not watch Arsenal when he was here? Because I don't think anyone watching the frustration of a player like Ramsey as he tries his annoying flicks and the technical excellence of Santi is going to prefer the former to the latter in terms of standing at the club.

Also Özil a creative great but such a girl he was. Not a legend for me.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
The fans that started watching us during the Emirates era are the ones that have lowered our expectation and accepted mediocrity which I have concluded from my extensive research 🕵️‍♂️ not surprised why I’m hearing names like Cazorla, Ramsey, Cesc etc in this thread being mentioned around legends when they’ve accepted being 20th.

I guarantee you if Cesc comes along 2-3 years earlier he would of walked into the invinsibles line and made the team better. For the same reason Wenger built a team around him.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
For me in recent history, Seaman, Adams, Wrighty are legends. The starting 11 of the invincibles are legends and Wenger.

That's it for me (won't speak to back in the day I don't know off the top of my head).

A lot of the names and criteria mentioned here are flimsy and unconvincing for me. Like Cazorla for eg he's definitely not a legend. If he and Cesc are legends then for me Özil has to be considered a legend. (I don't consider him a legend for clarity).

Arguably the biggest player we've ever signed, unmatched honours and did far more for the club than certain Emirates guys (in my opinion).

Switch Özil, Santi and Cesc for 3 of Lungberg, Parlour, Gilberto and Pires. We're at least as good if not better

Alexs

Gilberto Silva was a better fit for that team, so who's place is Cesc taking? The energy, drive, goals and consistency of Ljungberg, Pires and Parlour far more useful than Özil or Santi.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Besides, club legends doesn’t always mean best player as I said before. Going unbeaten in this league will probably never happen again and if you were a starter in that feat, then to me you’re an Arsenal legend it’s undebatable to me.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom