• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This is not a stretch at all, Ferdinand is the greatest defender in PL history. And he has a decade and a half almost of proof, and at least 10 of those years he was at the absolute top of his game.

Exactly. It’s not easy defending against the likes of Drogba, Henry, Messi at his best, Eto’o etc. Imagine VVD alongside Carragher against these man above, I’m certain peak Henry would have put him in a spliff. Drogba would have probably bullied him too.

The state of strikers around Europe nowadays is shocking.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's Rio's annoying personality on camera, that probably make people underrate him.

Ability wise, he's probably as good as any CB you could name.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Thierry Henry was making a quality RB like Javier Zanetti look like Danny Mills. It would have been interesting to see him up against defenders in this generation.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Nah, I don’t think they would.

People seem to be sleeping on that Utd team with Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. They also had a fantastic partnership with Ferdinand and Vidic at the back - for me, that was arguably better than their 99 team.
Carrick and Brown wouldn’t even make City’s squad team

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Carrick and Brown wouldn’t even make City’s squad team

I agree Brown was nothing special but you’re underrating Carrick. He was a very good player and I would have loved him at Arsenal during that period. He was also suited to the way Arsène liked our team to play.

I know Utd fans probably rate him highly @Juan Matas Beard @UnitedBeard

What City players get into that Utd 08 team? I don’t think many tbh.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Might be an unpopular opinion with these modern day fans but in terms of ability, I’d even stretch as far to say that Ferdinand was a better defender than VVD imo. I rate VVD highly but peak Ferdinand was just as good, if not better than him.
I didn’t say he isn’t a decent player I doubt if he was on City that those two would get a minute of time. Peak Ronnie at a richer club got dominated by Messi and Barca. Defending was better because the rules were more favorable to defenders. Rio is great a pre injury Vvd is better.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I didn’t say he isn’t a decent player I doubt if he was on City that those two would get a minute of time. Peak Ronnie at a richer club got dominated by Messi and Barca. Defending was better because the rules were more favorable to defenders. Rio is great a pre injury Vvd is better.

No shame in getting dominated by the best player ever but that’s fake news:

Ey4lwFjXIAI60Zy.jpg

Mans won five CL’s but somehow got dominated?! 👀

On Carrick, he could have easily played in that City team in a similar role to what Rodri is doing now, let’s not forget they had Fernandinho playing in there who you’re making it out as if he’s some prime Makelele.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I agree Brown was nothing special but you’re underrating Carrick. He was a very good player and I would have loved him at Arsenal during that period. He was also suited to the way Arsène liked our team to play.

I know Utd fans probably rate him highly @Juan Matas Beard @UnitedBeard

What City players get into that Utd 08 team? I don’t think many tbh.

Cancelo over Brown.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is not a stretch at all, Ferdinand is the greatest defender in PL history. And he has a decade and a half almost of proof, and at least 10 of those years he was at the absolute top of his game.

What about JT captain, leader, legend?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Speaking of Carrick, our current team could do with a player in his mould or Alonso.

Big Granite Slab will be back in December, mate.

We just have to hang in there until he is back to carry Partey 💪

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Rank these four from best to worst:

JT, Campbell, VVD and Ferdinand.

Rio Ferdinand is top of the bunch for me.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom