• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

PL is a joke. Every guy who has a good season is in the “best ever” debate. Happened with Kompany, Van Dijk, De Bruyne etc.

I wouldn’t say Kompany or Van Dijk are even better than Ledley King.

I remember how Sky Sports were jerking off when David Silva left the PL ffs. He was good but they were seriously overrating his impact. Same with the Belgium Brock Lesnar.

For me, N'Golo Kanté is the standout player that I rate in this current era. He made Drinkwater look half decent at Leicester and he was literally controlling the midfield by himself when they won the PL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I remember how Sky Sports were jerking off when David Silva left the PL ffs. He was good but they were seriously overrating his impact. Same with the Belgium Brock Lesnar.

For me, N'Golo Kanté is the standout player that I rate in this current era. He made Drinkwater look half decent at Leicester and he was literally controlling the midfield by himself when they won the PL.
I was going to mention Silva, he’s the one that annoyed me most, “one of the best ever” etc. **** off.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I was going to mention Silva, he’s the one that annoyed me most, “one of the best ever” etc. **** off.

David Silva was in that Cazorla bracket for me, both sets of fans overrating how good they actually were. When both players were in that Spain squad, they were bit part players with the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Villa etc carrying the team.

Lmao no way is Silva one of the best ever.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Rank these four from best to worst:

JT, Campbell, VVD and Ferdinand.

Rio Ferdinand is top of the bunch for me.

Big Tone better than all of them.

Adams could win the league, despite being drunk every match...the true GOAT!

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

As i have said many times the overall quality is down than 15-20 years ago. It is more competative as a result.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
United and Sp**s have completely folded this year. And unless they pick up again, with Arteta learning on the job, there's only a top 3. 4th place is up for grabs.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
No shame in getting dominated by the best player ever but that’s fake news:

Ey4lwFjXIAI60Zy.jpg

Mans won five CL’s but somehow got dominated?! 👀

On Carrick, he could have easily played in that City team in a similar role to what Rodri is doing now, let’s not forget they had Fernandinho playing in there who you’re making it out as if he’s some prime Makelele.
fernandino is way better than carrick. my point is i can pick weak spots on both teams you listed i really cant of the City team or LFC teams when they are healthy. Vvd is best of the four defenders you listed. Liverpool bought him and he turned them from Aldo Rand into world beaters, the addition of one player. Last year he gets hurt and they stink it up by their standards. Where as Rio and Sol came into championship teams, VVD was the lunch pin the whole team is built on. Easier to defend as well since the rules and officiating were more favorable to attacker now

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
No! Theres a better player in every position!!
Lol Wes Brown and Essien playin RB and Ballack as box to box. The players are playing out of position because they don’t have 2 or 3 stars at every position like City. Ballack was a great attacking midfielder who did the job as a box to box.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

What City players get into that Utd 08 team? I don’t think many tbh.
From the current squad, just Cancelo for me. Most people would be thinking De Bruyne gets in over Hargreaves but the whole balance is ruined if we take Hargreaves out, the guy was a top player pre-injury, a great work-horse and an exceptional set-piece taker. I'm not going to entertain De Bruyne over Scholes because everything we did ran through Scholes.

Van der Sar
Cancelo Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Hargreaves Scholes Carrick Ronaldo
Tevez Rooney​

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

fernandino is way better than carrick. my point is i can pick weak spots on both teams you listed i really cant of the City team or LFC teams when they are healthy. Vvd is best of the four defenders you listed. Liverpool bought him and he turned them from Aldo Rand into world beaters, the addition of one player. Last year he gets hurt and they stink it up by their standards. Where as Rio and Sol came into championship teams, VVD was the lunch pin the whole team is built on. Easier to defend as well since the rules and officiating were more favorable to attacker now

Like I said previously, you’re underrating Carrick. On the ball, he was a very good footballer. Players like Xabi Alonso and Carrick are fair and few nowadays. I rate Fernandinho too but they both play different roles, Carrick on the ball provides a lot more than Fernandinho would.

On VVD, he was a big loss for them last season but they had no defenders (Gomez, Matip etc were all injured plus Alisson was out too) let’s not forget that. Also, are you suggesting that the signings of Salah, Mane, Fabinho, Alisson, Wijnaldum etc didn’t improve Liverpool significantly and all the credit goes to VVD?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lol Wes Brown and Essien playin RB and Ballack as box to box. The players are playing out of position because they don’t have 2 or 3 stars at every position like City. Ballack was a great attacking midfielder who did the job as a box to box.

I could have easily named that Chelsea team the year after and Cancelo wouldn’t be able to chat to Ivanovic.

Ivanovic at RB was something else.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom