• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's in fantastic form right now. Getting goals, assists and really knitting everything together.

He was majestic against Norwich, but the real challenge is in our tougher games coming up against City Wolves and Sp**s.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
My only concern is can he keep it up consistently? I thought I was sold after the purple patch last yeat culminating with the West Ham game but then dropped off. Love how he is going at the moment but would love to see it continue for prolonged periods. I think this will have a fairly large impact on our top 4 hopes also.

Rattata

My only concern is can he keep it up consistently? I thought I was sold after the purple patch last yeat culminating with the West Ham game but then dropped off. Love how he is going at the moment but would love to see it continue for prolonged periods. I think this will have a fairly large impact on our top 4 hopes also.
So far his form always went downhill after the int. break. Probably because he plays 3 games in 7 days each 90 minutes.

Kav

Established Member
It's amazing how he became when he was on loan last season a player we couldn't drop, to a player now we couldn't stand seeing on the pitch. All this in like less than a year?
Some insight this… 🤦🏾‍♂️
Waste of money. He lacks physical strength and any pace which makes it really hard for him to beat anyone. This really limits his chances of creating anything
He’s creating despite all of these limitations
He isnt for this league period. He is a tidy player and im sure in france or spain he would do very well. Lets not kid ourselves, every team we play will look at Ødegaard and say to the team hit him early and he will crumble.
This aged quite well
People can dress it up as they like, he hasnt lit up anything thus far. Knew this would happen!!
Spoke too soon?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I don't think he's on Özil's level technically but has a similar style and as mentioned works miles harder. Also not afraid of dropping deeper and assist in build up, so in the modern game he's probably a more useful player.
It's way too early to start the comparisons with prime Özil who was getting ridiculous numbers of assists for us in his best seasons. What Özil had over Fabregas even was real pace - he was damn quick which along with his technique and vision set him apart.

I'm not sure that Ødegaard ever reaches that level to be honest, which is no slight on him. He's already on track to surpass his numbers with Real Sociedad and that's playing in a harder league. What he needs to do better is avoid getting caught on the ball. It happens one or two times every match - obviously it's more costly when he's playing deeper, but he seems to forget about the press from behind. I think it's something he can work on with experience.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Tbf he picked up a knock and lost some confidence.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’s proving me wrong. Happy for him, but I wonder what has gotten into him. Maybe having two runners either side of him means more space for him. I’m not sure but his touch and composure is back in full throttle.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He's a star in the making. My only concern is that he sometimes keeps the ball for too long looking for a perfect opening, leading to dispossession as he still can't outmuscle players. He needs to be quicker to release the ball, to avoid transitions.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Not on the same planet as Özil in terms of talent but much better attitude and application. Can't see him ever being disruptive.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Not on the same planet as Özil in terms of talent but much better attitude and application. Can't see him ever being disruptive.

How come you think there is a gulf in class in talent between the two? Personally I don’t see it

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
How come you think there is a gulf in class in talent between the two? Personally I don’t see it
Only way to get into that would be watch games together and discuss play by play what the players options were, what threats to the ball they've managed to avert. Maybe there's a statistical conversation to be had but I'm not as versed in that regard.

I think Özil's vision was much superior, he was able to process more options quicker and calculate the best one, when a through option was on he'd often play the pass so as to perfectly leverage the advantage the team has. I'm afraid I just don't think Øde is as potent in these areas.

In terms of protecting the ball I think Özil was similarly superior, he was aware of where challenges were coming from and how to evade and pierce the press with his dribbling to a level Øde is not. Øde has gotten robbed regularly his whole time at arsenal.

Özil was comfortable in more ares of the pitch (on both wings, outside fb's, runs beyond the striker, converting breaks) and physically superior as well, Øde loses almost every type of 50/50 he gets involved in.

Øde's been very good recently and he seems to suit us but I still believe he's a limited player who's better against set defences when we have plenty of the ball.

I want to be positive though, we don't have another traditionally creative 10 in the squad and he's got a talent for unexpected timings we've been able to leverage of late. I like that his passing's been more ambitious, he's got great application and I hope he keeps doing well.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
In a way I feel for Ødegaard.

It's fine being a wonderkid and getting your dream move as a Real Madrid player on paper but when you're being shunted around Europe to a new club most seasons you don't have the stability you need to really develop and settle as a player.

If this form is ball park his level going forward we've got him at a bargain price.

Has the feel of a Wenger type player.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom