• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Will be interesting to see him against the tougher teams. Ben White for example, has totally struggled when he’s been asked to step up, i wonder how Ode does.
We have quite a bit of evidence of poor performance against tough teams for öde and some for White, the question is always whether their newness/age means they are likely to improve. Both are open cases but I think Ben White particularly needs a chance, 23’s incredibly young for a cb, he’s brand new and his playing out from the back is crucial to what we do imo. If we don’t get what we need from öde in the very near future then the questions will pile up fast.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We have quite a bit of evidence of poor performance against tough teams for öde and some for White, the question is always whether their newness/age means they are likely to improve. Both are open cases but I think Ben White particularly needs a chance, 23’s incredibly young for a cb, he’s brand new and his playing out from the back is crucial to what we do imo. If we don’t get what we need from öde in the very near future then the questions will pile up fast.
Ødegaard has soon been a full year in EPL and is 23 years old. Had injuries last season.

Yeah, he has to keep on improving like he has recently.

drippin

Of course, made no secret of that. Early days though as players usually don't start badly for Arsenal but the club did a good job.

To the point where I am curious to see who we sign for upfront now, the scouting seems on point.
Okay yeah, just a point that White has been quite good after his covid and couple games after that in a new team.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
This thread is becoming comedy gold. :lol:

Go back to the 20s, and this looks like the worst signing ever. Fast forward to the mid 30s and now we talking about a promising young player, improving game by game. All for a player who has yet to peak.

And some posters are conveniently missing right now too. :lol:

Never change Arsenal-Mania, never change. :lol:
Theres a problem with people in general disappearing when the narrative turns against them. Ofc it's an individual's choice whether to engage but it'd be interesting to hear more opinions in those circumstances, whether one's resolve has been shaken.

Last couple of games from Öde have shaken my resolve a bit, chiefly because it seems like there's a change in his approach, his pass completion is lower and he seems less concerned with conserving possession which he's only average at. I still think he has certain limitations which lower his ceiling in the wider context of 10's but if he's making a genuine attempt to be more ambitious I think there's a decent chance his performances improve further from here. As I've said before he does have something of a talent for unexpected timings.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I agree with most of that I will say he was really poor at the start of the season and had to come up from a pretty low bar. But I think considering he is a mid priced player nowadays he has settled in well and his trend line is upwards. But the big issue will be how he handles the tougher tests on the road and against big teams. So far the whole team has been poor

Fabregasm

At least i'm glad we signed him instead of Buendia if you guys recall most here were raged we missed out on the transfer.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta may have got this one right uno. He's been superb recently.

I'm so so happy.

pep-1.jpg

drippin

At least i'm glad we signed him instead of Buendia if you guys recall most here were raged we missed out on the transfer.
Buendia is a 2 years older more expensive midget, who currently has a point per 299 minutes in EPL vs. Norwegian captain Ødegaard who has a point per 214 minutes, who also has played only about a year in England.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So impressive whole game Norwich just couldn't cope with his movement. He more of modern AM not the usual old one 10 years ago when they were just creative players and stay up of pitch now things different managers ask them to work hard and drop much deeper we saw that with Ødegaard recently he drop deep into midfield to get the ball.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Full of swagger. That left foot and the way he shapes his body when passing you can't help but think Özil is in the team again. Brilliant performance, getting better and better each week.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom