• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Liverpool 0 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 13th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

Really gutted we lost to City. Should have gotten something from the game. Poor officiating coupled with individual mistakes killed us.

We looked good vs City. We had them on the ropes before the Xhaka incidence.

Hopefully we bounce back from this.
This game vs Liverpool is the ideal game to that.

Screenshot-20220101-170425.png

I expect massive rotation because Arteta knows Liverpool will rotate. I expect some fringe players to come in but don't see a way in @American_Gooner 's
boy Mari and Cedric.

In attack, Nketiah and Pepe should make lineup. In midfield I expect Sambi to take Partey's place.

In defense, White should retain his place. But Tavares and AMN will start in FB.

Screenshot-20220101-171652.png

Prediction.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool since Klopp came have always had some disdain for this competition. So I see Klopp fielding a weak Liverpool side. Liverpool are still trying to chase city for the title and they're one of the favourite for the CL. So they might throw this. They have bigger fish to fry.
With their two best attackers going to the Afcon, anything short of winning this should be classed as failure.

Last edited:

Plutarch

0-0 would have been a good result in the first leg even with eleven men. I'm pleased with our performance. Unfortunately the badly depleted state of our squad for the games coming up makes it hard to be too optimistic.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

was driving so missed majority of the game… not a shabby result given the circumstances
The team played very well all things considered. Liverpool had 1 shot on target all game and that came in the +90s minute. They had one big chance, but we could equally have scored on our end. Arteta deserves credit for switching to 3 in the back at once and once we shut down shop in the back Liverpool looked bereft of ideas how to break us down.

Just finally that Arteta reconsiders his man crush on Xhaka. This just cannot go on like this. Please Roma, come and ****ing save us from ourselves!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta look already want the NLD postponed he say we got no modifiers and he don't know with covid situation

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Liverpool are terrible. They've been incredibly lucky that Salah and Mane are perpetually fit.
They are not we defended well against them.

Klopp knew they were gonna be without players with Afcon but thinks its a few games, Its what normal clubs have to deal with we will have to try & ride it out.

Arteta gets pelters of people on here for the exact same thing.

Just goes to show how important certain players are to everyone who cant have the depth of the fake Oil teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom