• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Liverpool 0 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 13th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

Really gutted we lost to City. Should have gotten something from the game. Poor officiating coupled with individual mistakes killed us.

We looked good vs City. We had them on the ropes before the Xhaka incidence.

Hopefully we bounce back from this.
This game vs Liverpool is the ideal game to that.

Screenshot-20220101-170425.png

I expect massive rotation because Arteta knows Liverpool will rotate. I expect some fringe players to come in but don't see a way in @American_Gooner 's
boy Mari and Cedric.

In attack, Nketiah and Pepe should make lineup. In midfield I expect Sambi to take Partey's place.

In defense, White should retain his place. But Tavares and AMN will start in FB.

Screenshot-20220101-171652.png

Prediction.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool since Klopp came have always had some disdain for this competition. So I see Klopp fielding a weak Liverpool side. Liverpool are still trying to chase city for the title and they're one of the favourite for the CL. So they might throw this. They have bigger fish to fry.
With their two best attackers going to the Afcon, anything short of winning this should be classed as failure.

Last edited:

Moviegooner

Defensive masterclass. All credits to Mikel Arteta. He's made it so much better. Briljant from him to choose Ramsdale instead of Neto from Barcelona. White, Gabriel what a, duo. 50 mil for white well spent.
Chambers and Holding also need to be named. Very solid!
As for Xhaka I'll probably be the only one to defend him. It's maybe not the best thing to do, to come flying in like he did but he's fighting for every ball. He's been great for us. People branding him as, the worst player ever is ridiculous. True he's needs to be upgraded,
but for now he's our best midfielder who we are going to miss Sunday. Lay off Xhaka people.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ramsdale
Tomi White Gabriel Tierney
Chambers Lokonga
Saka ESR Martinelli
Laca

Looks like this the best we can put in NLD that of Tomi and ESR make it.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can anyone explain why Arteta keeps trying to shoehorn Edward Nketiah into our attack?

balthazar

Ramsdale
Tomi White Gabriel Tierney
Chambers Lokonga
Saka ESR Martinelli
Laca

Looks like this the best we can put in NLD that of Tomi and ESR make it.
Yikes. -

It's time for give Wilshere a 6 months contract!!!

Probably meeds to ask Saka or ESR to stay at CM.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Yeah, they’ll be considered. That’s what I said.
As you said, injuries are not a discrete thing they are on a continuum, there are always players with bad knocks and niggling muscle issues. We need to consider these - but do we need to have a single COVID case before using this stupid rule?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Merse made a good point in post match. Gabriel and Ramsdale are also at fault for the red card. 1st mistake was Gabriel didn't have to press so far in to their half. Ok he did that. Then next Ramsdale has to see that and go up the field (which he usually does). If he had done that he would have reached the ball before Jota or Robertson doesn't play that ball itself seeing Ramsdale.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
As you said, injuries are not a discrete thing they are on a continuum, there are always players with bad knocks and niggling muscle issues. We need to consider these - but do we need to have a single COVID case before using this stupid rule?
Yeah I think. Currently Ødegaard is positive. Not sure if he will be positive till Sunday.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Merse made a good point in post match. Gabriel and Ramsdale are also at fault for the red card. 1st mistake was Gabriel didn't have to press so far in to their half. Ok he did that. Then next Ramsdale has to see that and go up the field (which he usually does). If he had done that he would have reached the ball before Jota or Robertson doesn't play that ball itself seeing Ramsdale.
Lol Merson is talking rubbish. Granit didn’t have to make that tackle and kick the guy in the stomach in the 24th min in 2 leg tie that’s 0-0. He is not a kid ffs. There is always excuse for this idiot

DavidHillier

Back to A-M 😞
Ramsdale had a poor game by his own (exceptionally high) standards. There was a mistake in the first half in which he booted it straight onto the on rushing Liverpool striker (that ball could have gone anywhere) and late on in the second half with Minamino's chance. Ramsdale charged out and doesn't deal with the situation.

It makes me think, therefore, that Robertson is still playing that ball forward to Jota. Ramsdale shouldn't go for a ball in the air well outside his area. I can't fault him for the situation leading to the Xhaka dismissal.

On the whole, there is a case to be made that Leno should have continued in goal. He was still "warm" so to speak having played last Sun and Ramsdale hadn't played since New Years Day. However, should we be rewarding a keeper with games when he can't commit his future to us?

It's an interesting one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom