• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Liverpool 0 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 13th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

Really gutted we lost to City. Should have gotten something from the game. Poor officiating coupled with individual mistakes killed us.

We looked good vs City. We had them on the ropes before the Xhaka incidence.

Hopefully we bounce back from this.
This game vs Liverpool is the ideal game to that.

Screenshot-20220101-170425.png

I expect massive rotation because Arteta knows Liverpool will rotate. I expect some fringe players to come in but don't see a way in @American_Gooner 's
boy Mari and Cedric.

In attack, Nketiah and Pepe should make lineup. In midfield I expect Sambi to take Partey's place.

In defense, White should retain his place. But Tavares and AMN will start in FB.

Screenshot-20220101-171652.png

Prediction.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool since Klopp came have always had some disdain for this competition. So I see Klopp fielding a weak Liverpool side. Liverpool are still trying to chase city for the title and they're one of the favourite for the CL. So they might throw this. They have bigger fish to fry.
With their two best attackers going to the Afcon, anything short of winning this should be classed as failure.

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
Long day. Just watched the match.

Not sure how Xhaka found himself in that position, but he has to do better than a red card.

Saka and Martinelli ran a marathon.

Mane is that good of a player. Liverpool had no real threat against out fairly defense.

Team showed determination to keep that scoreless. Well done Arsenal. Good formation change Arteta.

Oh.. Away fans were ridiculously loud. Credit them for constant motivation. Loudest I have heard them.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lol Merson is talking rubbish. Granit didn’t have to make that tackle and kick the guy in the stomach in the 24th min in 2 leg tie that’s 0-0. He is not a kid ffs. There is always excuse for this idiot

Merson and @boonthegoon are right, it started in Liverpool's half where we didnt press them effectively enough. Xhaka then was left with a foot race with Jota and his speed let him down.

Xhaka is limited and not good enough to start in a title challenging midfield yes, we know that. But the system we have in place is good enough to prevent such situations from happening.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Lol Merson is talking rubbish. Granit didn’t have to make that tackle and kick the guy in the stomach in the 24th min in 2 leg tie that’s 0-0. He is not a kid ffs. There is always excuse for this idiot
Obviously xhaka is the major culprit. I'm not trying to defend him here. I don't want him to start for us lol. But just that these 2 also could have done better.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Obviously xhaka is the major culprit. I'm not trying to defend him here. I don't want him to start for us lol. But just that these 2 also could have done better.
Ramsdale could not done better. It was pinged ball to a player 25 yards from our goal who cheated it. You think he could have headed that ball away if he was further up?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Ramsdale could not done better. It was pinged ball to a player 25 yards from our goal who cheated it. You think he could have headed that ball away if he was further up?
Yes. Ramsdale vs jota, ramsdale easily would have won it.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Merson and @boonthegoon are right, it started in Liverpool's half where we didnt press them effectively enough. Xhaka then was left with a foot race with Jota and his speed let him down.
So he kicks the guy in the stomach as the last man. System/processes can sometimes **** up but good teams can often cover these **** ups by having smarter footballers who make reasonable decisions.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Our away fans were always brilliant but my gosh yesterday was something else! Also the home fans this season really upped the level. What's the cause for this? I don't remember our fans being so rampart before covid-19 (20).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom