• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not surprised you have difficulties understanding what you read. Or that you gagged for DCL only a year ago and act like you didn't. I bet you were ready to pay 70-100 million for him only a while ago. :lol:

Saying I'm fine with DCL with Jesus both for maximum of 70 million pounds is not gagging for anything (you're the gagger on this forum in any case), especially when I say that it all depends on our budget.

DCL won't be my choice if we have money for better target striker along with Jesus. Jesus would be amazing deal for so cheap even if I hate his resting cry face.
No sane person would suggest 70-100 million for him even when he was doing well. He was never that good. He had two seasons of what Ivan Toney is having for Brentford. I really doubt anyone will say Toney is 70–100 million if he performs like he is now for another season

DCL is a specific type of striker who’s main strength is in the air. Outside of that he is average

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

No sane person would suggest 70-100 million for him even when he was doing well. He was never that good. He had two seasons of what Ivan Toney is having for Brentford. I really doubt anyone will say Toney is 70–100 million if he performs like he is now for another season

DCL is a specific type of striker who’s main strength is in the air. Outside of that he is average
He can run the channels and is combative, he's one of the better focal points left in the league despite the purses. There's quite a few false nines & small guys like Laca and Pukki etc knocking about the league which is why he stands out.

I can see why Arteta would look at him enviously after looking at Auba and Laca for the past couple years. His quality on the ball is not what I would call Arsenal standard but it's a very different Arsenal now and he admittedly adds another dimension to the attack effortlessly.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He can run the channels and is combative, he's one of the better focal points left in the league despite the purses. There's quite a few false nines & small guys like Laca and Pukki etc knocking about the league which is why he stands out.

I can see why Arteta would look at him enviously after looking at Auba and Laca for the past couple years. His quality on the ball is not what I would call Arsenal standard but it's a very different Arsenal now and he admittedly adds another dimension to the attack.

When you're not moaning about Arsenal & Arteta you're quite a decent poster.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
DCL is getting the raw end of the stick on here I think.

The previous two seasons he's looked excellent and really pushed on.

He's coming back from a long term injury into a poor side in relegation scrap, low on confidence. It's no wonder he's not setting the world alight.

We went through this last season with Abraham. Most thought he was a dud and were slagging him off now they'd love him here.

If he's over his injuries DCL is a better player than Abraham. I'll die on that hill.

£50m or under and I'd be all over it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's coming back from a long term injury into a poor side in relegation scrap, low on confidence. It's no wonder he's not setting the world alight.

We went through this last season with Abraham. Most thought he was a dud and were slagging him off now they'd love him here.

If he's over his injuries DCL is a better player than Abraham. I'll die on that hill.

Maybe he looked bad for a while because the injury took more of him that we think? I’m just of the mindset of a player performs bad for a year, you have to entertain this is their new current level. A lot of time players don’t go back to their levels. It also leaves bad taste in my mouth he is Evertonian and a big club like this is fight for relegation he is not fighting for the club he came through. It says a lot of his character. So if Auba a far more proven player gets binned for his character, why look at this guy?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I’m sure DCL loves getting the raw end.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

I do agree with you that in terms of quality he's getting some over the top criticism here. I also agree he's better than Abraham (still don't want him here, for what it's worth).

Where most people lose me is that '£50m or under' is not a bargain for a player with such injury issues. 40-50m should get you a dependable striker. We can't afford to take such risks, I think.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
DCL feels like such a plumber compared to the other names we've been linked to. Too much of an old school targetman, can only score headers and tap-ins. We need a striker that can create something for himself/assist other players, someone who can be part of an interchangeable front 3 and cause the opponent some real problems. DCL upfront is too predictable if you want to compete with the top teams.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I do agree with you that in terms of quality he's getting some over the top criticism here. I also agree he's better than Abraham (still don't want him here, for what it's worth).

Where most people lose me is that '£50m or under' is not a bargain for a player with such injury issues. 40-50m should get you a dependable striker. We can't afford to take such risks, I think.

In this day and age is £50m over the top for DCL? If he wasn't coming off the back of the injury / poor form I'd think he'd be moving for nearer £80m.

I don't think there are many players on the market that are attainable for us that don't have a strong element of risk in terms of cost.

I don't follow a huge amount of non PL football so maybe I'm missing someone but the ones I've seen mentioned don't strike me as being great value for money or a non risky bit of business.

Isak seems way over priced for a what he is, you're paying huge amounts for potential. He barely scores.

Abraham you're looking at £70m or so for a player that would do okay here but isn't exactly going to set the league on fire.

Nunez looks technically flawed to me and would cost a bomb and he's not playing in the best league in the world.

Osimhen doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who would fit into an Arteta side and we are likely to be outcompeted / bid by bigger clubs even if we wanted him.

I'm not seeing many really good options in the market.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

In this day and age is £50m over the top for DCL? If he wasn't coming off the back of the injury / poor form I'd think he'd be moving for nearer £80m.

I don't think there are many players on the market that are attainable for us that don't have a strong element of risk in terms of cost.

I don't follow a huge amount of non PL football so maybe I'm missing someone but the ones I've seen mentioned don't strike me as being great value for money or a non risky bit of business.

Isak seems way over priced for a what he is, you're paying huge amounts for potential. He barely scores.

Abraham you're looking at £70m or so for a player that would do okay here but isn't exactly going to set the league on fire.

Nunez looks technically flawed to me and would cost a bomb and he's not playing in the best league in the world.

Osimhen doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who would fit into an Arteta side and we are likely to be outcompeted / bid by bigger clubs even if we wanted him.

I'm not seeing many really good options in the market.
Agree mostly.

Abraham has a point per 147 minutes this season in Serie A. That's a point per 40 minutes worse than Osimhen, and Osimhen is a year younger. The difference in fee doesn't seem like is very big.

Of course with Abraham you know he can play a lot of games in a season, because he is so experienced already.

But those points per minute aren't very good in Serie A. I thought it would be better from the hype. Laca and Auba have been like a point per ~120 minutes through their time here in EPL.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If you think we paid over the odds for Lacazette then yes absolutely.

DCL hasn't been anywhere near CL football and would be the same age Laca was when he joined 25 (who should have joined Athletico were it not for transfer ban).

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

If you think we paid over the odds for Lacazette then yes absolutely.

DCL hasn't been anywhere near CL football and would be the same age Laca was when he joined 25 (who should have joined Athletico were it not for transfer ban).

£50m 5 years ago was a lot more in real terms than £50m would be now I would think.

Back then that's borderline WC money. Now you'd struggle to get 2/3rd's of a Tammy Abraham for it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

£50m 5 years ago was a lot more in real terms than £50m would be now I would think.

Back then that's borderline WC money. Now you'd struggle to get 2/3rd's of a Tammy Abraham for it.
Which borderline WC strikers in their mid twenties moved to the prem for £46 mil 5 years ago? I can't remember any. The better ones were in house (Kane/Vardy from lower leagues) or converted like Firmino.

A disgruntled Auba cost about 15m more. You couldn't get Lakaka and Morata for 50 mil. The market for a top CF in their mid twenties has more or less stayed the same, so it doesn't answer my question how Laca could be expensive and DCL for 50 mil is not.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Which borderline WC strikers in their mid twenties moved to the prem for £46 mil 5 years ago? I can't remember any. The better ones were in house (Kane/Vardy from lower leagues) or converted like Firmino.

A disgruntled Auba cost about 15m more. You couldn't get Lakaka and Morata for 50 mil. The market for a top CF in their mid twenties has more or less stayed the same, so it doesn't answer my question how Laca could be expensive and DCL for 50 mil is not.

Both of these have stolen a living for most of their careers when they had no business being football players in the first place. Calvert-Lewin will be no different except that, in addition to being inadequate upfront, he'll

Morata is an even bigger waste than Dybala as the latter is at least entertaining if similarly weak-willed & prone to bouts of cowardice. Lukaku at least has a future in the Marvel cinematic universe portraying the Rhino.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Both of these have stolen a living for most of their careers when they had no business being football players in the first place. Calvert-Lewin will be no different except that, in addition to being inadequate upfront, he'll

Morata is an even bigger waste than Dybala as the latter is at least entertaining if similarly weak-willed & prone to bouts of cowardice. Lukaku at least has a future in the Marvel cinematic universe portraying the Rhino.
Not a fan of any of the above mentioned, just think saying £45 mil makes you entitled to a borderline WC striker in their prime is massive cap. Maybe over 10 years ago.

The very best attackers in the 1% are usually accidental not bought.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Not a fan of any of the above mentioned, just think saying £45 mil makes you entitled to a borderline WC striker in their prime is massive cap. Maybe over 10 years ago.

The very best attackers in the 1% are usually accidental not bought.

Or, in the case of our very own "King of Highbury" lost and in need of guidance from a sagely manager/father figure.

Finding players his like for $10 million is no longer possible in today's game :facepalm:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't tell if people are joking, or if they are really getting upset over how he dresses, to be honest.

As long as he plays well, who cares?

No one is forcing you to dress the way he dresses, or even look at the pictures of DCL.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Can't tell if people are joking, or if they are really getting upset over how he dresses, to be honest.

No one is forcing you to dress the way he dresses, or even look at the pictures of DCL.
Well, people hate Laca because he dances and has big butt muscles, so these things are pretty important around here.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Now you know how it feels for us when we're reading through your posts on here.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom