• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

SK___

To who? When you've handed him 200k a week when no other club was interested in him before when he was on 70k a week.

You're not playing football manager here.
so he’s ending his career here?
he’s not even 30 yet, anybody can get sold…
especially one of the best players in his position on his day (EDIT)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
so he’s ending his career here?
he’s not even 30 yet, anybody can get sold
football manager or not
Arsenal will be the best club he plays for going forward. His next move will be down. He's 28, injury prone, on 200k a week.

He will likely see out his contract here and move somewhere for free when he's 31-32 or resign with us if he is playing well.

If Partey was at another club with the injuries he has and on 200k a week you wouldn't be begging Arsenal to sign him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hate the starters that can't stay fit, not the backups that are being forced to play too much because of it.

Perfect squad player, especially for Europa...our squad is too small as is and we are losing players this summer too, tbh.

As I said, we will sign a starting midfielder this summer, to compete with Partey and Xhaka...so at best, he is 4th choice next season.

Don't see the point in getting angry with this.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I meant what if Partey didn't get injured and Elneny didn't play.
But that wasn't the case. The case was Partey showed again he isn't able to handle a full PL season and if Mo hadn't been here we would have been miles of top 4.

Partey/Xhaka/Lokonga/Elneny/CM 1

You have Partey and one of Xhaka or CM1.

You have Lokonga and Elneny for EL early stages and Caraboa.

You have depth in midfield incase of injuries/suspensions.

We need numbers in midfield and quality on the bench.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Strange how Partey is now the problem and not Mo if Mo plays.

Like Aber said, Elneny is his direct backup.

A serious club signs a better player to play this very specific role Partey does instead of having to fallback on Elneny playing 20++ games.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
The ‘can do a job’ brigade will be delighted. Settling for mediocrity once again. Not a serious football club.
I guess it kinda depends on if we're going to sign superior replacement/cover for that position or if this extension of Elneny is that cover.

If he's just being resigned to be Xth choice behind Partey etc.. and whoever we hopefully sign this summer then I'm perfectly fine with this. Whilst he is pretty average he's not really a mistake prone or actively detrimental player, all things considered if we addressed the bigger issues elsewhere in the squad in a hypothetical situation where we were forced to play Elneny due to injuries etc.. then we really shouldn't be losing said game he plays in. He's also on a pittance of a wage so doesn't hamstring us financially and he's an all round really nice guy.

However if it's like the Xhaka situation last season whereby we didn't sign anyone and extended Xhaka/back tracking on selling him so he could be 1st choice then yeah as nice a guy as Elneny is it'd be a bad move.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think since 2020 I've said something like "Ffs it's 2020 and were still starting games with Xhaka and Elneny" and every year since. Looking forward to saying the same in 2023 💩

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hate the starters that can't stay fit, not the backups that are being forced to play too much because of it.

Perfect squad player, especially for Europa...our squad is too small as is and we are losing players this summer too, tbh.

As I said, we will sign a starting midfielder this summer, to compete with Partey and Xhaka...so at best, he is 4th choice next season.

Don't see the point in getting angry with this.

If you know Partey can go missing 3 months or more every season is it really his fault that his backup is cack when the club had the chance to sign a better player?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If you know Partey can go missing 3 months or more every season is it really his fault that his backup is cack when the club had the chance to sign a better player?

Yeah, more on the club, to be fair...though I feel we will sign a starting level CM this window.

The key though, is to make sure the new midfielder has the physical attributes to play next to Xhaka, as Partey can't be trusted now.

If we sign Tielemans, then I feel we are doomed...imagine him and Granit in midfield together, ffs.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Extending Elneny in the role he has now should be fine, Partey barely being fit for 20 league games is where the frustration lies.

I’ll admit seeing him in the lineup is rather uninspiring. But we did get it right this season by at least seeing if a younger player would preform first.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t think the money is there to let him go, you’ll then need to sign 3 CM players as you’re left with Xhaka, Partey and Lokonga only.

As a squad option and a cup player, he’s alright I guess.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This was so predictable if you know how this club works, I said Tielemens would be our only midfield signing and a couple of posters nocked me for it

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arteta clearly has no clue what he’s doing tbh. Remember when he didn’t rate Elneny in the first half of the season? Instead he opted for Lokonga but now Elneny is good enough for a new contract 🤣🤣

Been telling you all that this club has no plan and is just being run on vibes and inshallah tactics.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom