• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Guys like ESR or Martinelli will get sold next summer if they don’t kick on, I don’t think Arteta feels loyalty towards them or is invested in a youth project.
Yeah probably Martinelli anyway. Got a feeling ESR will hang about. Actually don't think Martinelli will push to leave yet but he will probably be seen as a good player to flip if we don't feel we need to be playing him.

My guess is they will play a decent amount but things are not easy to predict atm

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
My intention was to point out how those rumours about Raphinha replacing Saka from other club's fans, or our fan's fears, are not very solid because Raphinha is a clear replacement for Pepe in the squad when we want to improve our starting eleven and quality depth in the team.

But somehow this simple thing got out of hand. It's really weird sometimes how it can happen. But when people have a grudge against you, then the weirdest things can appear from the dark.
Why do you think people have a grudge against you? I don't even know you, I just see you type weird takes and respond to it.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Guys like ESR or Martinelli will get sold next summer if they don’t kick on, I don’t think Arteta feels loyalty towards them or is invested in a youth project.
Agreed and that wouldn't be a bad thing. Get good money and replace in same window. Proper transfer business. Arsenal is buying good talent but are selling business has been horrendous. Selling business needs major improvement.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
On the other hand ESR was looking in a lot more favourable position this time last year than either Martinelli or Nketiah. Whichever player hits a bit of form finds themselves back in the team.

As good as Saka has been he's had plenty quieter games as well. I'd like to think their wouldn't still be the fear to rotate him now and again that has been their previously if we have Raphinha as well.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Why do you think people have a grudge against you? I don't even know you, I just see you type weird takes and respond to it.
I have argued with many people here, you also, in the past. In case you have forgotten, almost ignored you to let the forum be an easier place to read.

It's very clear people have a grudge against me, when they come out of the shadows in tandem trying to attack me for nothing and misinterpret what I clearly said. And then guys like GDeep appear for easy likes from his comrades for likes with some pat on the back.

Doesn't matter though, couldn't care less. Just makes this forum worse reading overall, when very simple things have to go on for pages and pages because of it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
On the other hand ESR was looking in a lot more favourable position this time last year than either Martinelli or Nketiah. Whichever player hits a bit of form finds themselves back in the team.

As good as Saka has been he's had plenty quieter games as well. I'd like to think their wouldn't still be the fear to rotate him now and again that has been their previously if we have Raphinha as well.

Saka played way too much, anyway.

Looked spent in some matches. ESR looks like the odd man out if he can't get over his fitness issues.

Having said that, just by having better players around them and not having to be protagonists could do wonders to Martinelli and ESR alike.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

And in a way, this is what the competition does - puts a bit of pressure on the players to up their game and try even harder.

If it is skillfully managed it can help to push the whole squad on. Arteta hasn't been great at this so far - better last season, but 5 subs should help a bit at least.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
And in a way, this is what the competition does - puts a bit of pressure on the players to up their game and try even harder.

If it is skillfully managed it can help to push the whole squad on. Arteta hasn't been great at this so far - better last season, but 5 subs should help a bit at least.

Actually interested to see how the 5 subs impact how teams play.

This many changes during a match is going to be something else.

Wonder if Arteta can bring Holding on thrice in a row during the same match.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's clear as day that if Raphinha comes in, one of Martinelli or ESR will get very few minutes (barring an injury).

Yes, Raphinha would be replacing Pepe in the squad, but we all know that he would play with Saka in the first 11. I guess with 5 subs there might still be enough minutes to go around, but we'd likely sell one of the academy guys next season.

I'm still up for Raphinha, he's class, but let's be clear what it means.
Man City managed to give Foden 3000 minutes, KDB 3000 minutes, Silva just under 4000 minutes, Rodri just under 4000 minutes, Gundogan 3000 minutes, Sterling 3000 minutes, Grealish 2700, Mahrez 2900, Jesus 2500, Fernandinho 1700 and Torres 500 before being sold.

What is likely to be our equivalent? Saka, Tielemans, Raphina, Partey, Ødegaard, Martinelli, Jesus, ESR, Jesus, Nketiah, Xhaka/Elneny?

Granted City played 13 more games than us last season but this season we will have at least 6 Europa league games and extended subs. Hopefully we go further in domestic cups with the added depth and on a European run. They'll get enough minutes.

Genuinely think its been over stated as a problem as opposed to a solution. Players in bad form can be dropped, tired players can be rotated, different players for different games.

Last edited:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I have argued with many people here, you also, in the past. In case you have forgotten, almost ignored you to let the forum be an easier place to read.
How am I supposed to know that you almost ignored me? :lol:

Don't think I've ever had an exchange with you fwiw, except for the one time you've racistly suggested some currywurst diet for a kid in our reserves.

BIoodBrother

Think 5 subs. Think 55games a season instead of 45. But i believe from the lot ESR will find it hardest to get quality minutes (cup games is not what hes after). Lets be honest. He emerged when we were utter **** in the end of 2020 and made us happy with his quick feet and intelligent goals but didnt really kick on since his persisting injury troubles. that coming season is make or break it at this level for him.
Martinelli is the one that is on a more straight forward developing curve. still hes not on sakas level and its good that we dont bring another young player instead of pepe but sm that can make us better.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saka played way too much, anyway.

Looked spent in some matches. ESR looks like the odd man out if he can't get over his fitness issues.

Having said that, just by having better players around them and not having to be protagonists could do wonders to Martinelli and ESR alike.

If he'd had an alternative to Saka he trusted I think he probably would've seen less minutes. With Raphinha and possibly Vieira as well he'd have two alternatives of his own that would really help preserve Saka a bit more.

As promising as the younger players have been it shouldn't stop you from signing competition and/or outright better players right now. I don't know any other big club who does that. We've had two years to blend them in, we need results now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There will be alot of games between 4 wingers we have also ESR need to prove that he can go back to back 90 minutes without being tired after 70 minutes. Martinelli is workhorse but also he need to improve his final 3rd decisions only saka you can depend on. Hopefully non of them have injures next season

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

How am I supposed to know that you almost ignored me? :lol:

Don't think I've ever had an exchange with you fwiw, except for the one time you've racistly suggested some currywurst diet for a kid in our reserves.
Yeah in any case, humans have grudges, it just happens. People having grudge against me, like Macho coming here to argue about what I haven't even argued about, out of the blue, would explain the behaviour very well. And I have had arguments with him in the past.

I rather think these kind of weird argument circles appear from grudges, rather than the poster is just so stupid that they don't understand what I have clearly said.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's one of the things I'm most curious in seeing from Arteta this season. He was to trigger happy with the rotation when we where in Europe previously but then last season went to far the other way. He needs to find a balance this year.

I personally like seeing how he stuck to the same back 4 when he could as I think defensively you need familiarity but in the attacking areas, Saka the obvious one, we needed freshening up more often.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Im not going to accept this ESR bashing. He had 10 goals and 2 assists in the league last season while Raphinha had 11 goals and 3 assists. 4 of Raphinhas goals was penalty goals while ESR only scored non-penalty goals btw. And Raphinha played in more games. So why the fvck would we sell a young Arsenal boy to make room for Raphinha? I also want to sign Raphinha but show some respect to one of our own ffs.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Yeah in any case, humans have grudges, it just happens. People having grudge against me, like Macho coming here to argue about what I haven't even argued about, out of the blue, would explain the behaviour very well. And I have had arguments with him in the past.

I rather think these kind of weird argument circles appear from grudges, rather than the poster is just so stupid that they don't understand what I have clearly said.

No grudge on my side, just saying that regardless of whatever you say, Raphina is replacing somebody in the starting 11 if he comes. It's not Pepe because if you used your brain you would realise he doesn't start and is not enough of a factor to block a quality player coming in.

Simple as that really.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Im not going to accept this ESR bashing. He had 10 goals and 2 assists in the league last season while Raphinha had 11 goals and 3 assists. 4 of Raphinhas goals was penalty goals while ESR only scored non-penalty goals btw. And Raphinha played in more games. So why the fvck would we sell a young Arsenal boy to make room for Raphinha? I also want to sign Raphinha but show some respect to one of our own ffs.

Them ESR goals were ridiculous because he played barely any minutes but still had a load of goals by Christmas.

The more minutes he got the worse he played and his previous form looked more like a purple patch.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah, well said 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom