• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
He is not gonna play in 3 positions and be expected to perform at good pl level in 3 positions
I agree. From what posters on here have done homework on, he can fill a void & perform to high standard though & significantly better than Tavares, Elneny & Holding.

If Arteta & Edu think he can start any position, then I trust their judgement.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I agree. From what posters on here have done homework on, he can fill a void & perform to high standard though & significantly better than Tavares, Elneny & Holding.

If Arteta & Edu think he can start any position, then I trust their judgement.
Arteta though Nuno was good enough for the PL and he has looked hopeless

Goonger

Changing formation doesn’t mean he or players have adapted. It’s about the outcome to judge whether the managers and players have adapted or no.

Im not measuring how successful each adaptation was, just showing you that he has changed tactics and formation so don't be surprised if he changes it again.

I wouldnt worry about him signing anyway, we probably won't sign him, so you don't need to try and talk us all into thinking it wouldn't be a good signing for him or us.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Arteta though Nuno was good enough for the PL and he has looked hopeless
I think that was just a massive punt tbh. Low fee gamble which didnt work. Had a bit of Eboue about him which was endearing, but just a complete disaster zone.

Wenger had his fair share of punts that didnt come off. Fergie too. Let's hope Tavares is the last one Arteta makes tho.

Vanpayslip

Why is it so important to you that I 'get' your point? What does it matter?

Gabriel is our 1st choice LCB & KT our 1st choice LB. Behind them us Holding & Tavares. Tavares is a bit of a clown & Holding is not up to standard.

Martinez I'm sure will be brought in 2 play both positions & probably DMF. We are competing over 4 competions so he will be a starter I'm sure if we sign him. Not all games, but many.

I cannot predict if he will start PL games over KT, but given KT injury record, that is my assumption.

I'm just a fan tho.

How many casualties is dude supposed to suffer for? Doesn’t he actually play the position he learnt?

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Im not measuring how successful each adaptation was, just showing you that he has changed tactics and formation so don't be surprised if he changes it again.

I wouldnt worry about him signing anyway, we probably won't sign him, so you don't need to try and talk us all into thinking it wouldn't be a good signing for him or us.
I was just putting questions how he fits in and whether Gabriel is being sold or no as it was the discussion I created, and this is based on how you use your left back last season. That’s all. Never say what you suggested wouldn’t fit to compliment Martinez’s ability, in fact I said you can play like that to fit him in but my response was that Arteta didn’t use his left back like that when you were in the best of the form, which my assumption was that Arteta wants to play the same way how you play in that best of form last season.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
How many casualties is dude supposed to suffer for? Doesn’t he actually play the position he learnt?
Suffer? Hes a professional footballer, getting paid millions to play the sport he loves. Might be slightly annoying on occasion, but unless you are AMN & gonna get stroppy about it, I doubt he'll care that much.

ash_rasul

I was just putting questions how he fits in and whether Gabriel is being sold or no as it was the discussion I created, and this is based on how you use your left back last season. That’s all. Never say what you suggested wouldn’t fit to compliment Martinez’s ability, in fact I said you can play like that to fit him in but my response was that Arteta didn’t use his left back like that when you were in the best of the form, which my assumption was that Arteta wants to play the same way how you play in that best of form last season.
I think if Martinez could come in and provide some healthy competition for Gabriel with some possible rotation, whilst being more than capable of providing cover in other positions as needed and most likely being able to accumulate plenty of minutes in 2/3 positions throughout the season, that would be a decent result.

That's as long as he is willing to do so, of course!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta played xhaka and even Cedric as lb. I don’t think Arteta is very rigid in his ideology where we can say he wants his lb to be like this etc etc. what killed us was lack of depth last season. He will play a lot of lb as Tierney is very injury prone

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I think if Martinez could come in and provide some healthy competition for Gabriel with some possible rotation, whilst being more than capable of providing cover in other positions as needed and most likely being able to accumulate plenty of minutes in 2/3 positions throughout the season, that would be a decent result.

That's as long as he is willing to do so, of course!
Surely he wouldn’t want to come to non UCL clubs to compete for a regular spot, would prefer an assurance or trust to be one of the regular. Especially given there is World Cup as well.

Vanpayslip

Suffer? Hes a professional footballer, getting paid millions to play the sport he loves. Might be slightly annoying on occasion, but unless you are AMN & gonna get stroppy about it, I doubt he'll care that much.

Every player gets paid millions at Arsenal. We literally have players that we don’t want anymore but they earn too many millions so the board pays it anyway on loan. What exactly are you doubting?

Uncle Good-Advice

If we want to be considered as a top club we can't rely on cheap backup players. We need to have at least 16-17 guys who are ready to step up at any time. Few Hale End prospects would be helpful obviously but apart from Saka and ESR they are not ready. So we need to outsource talent and 30M is about right. Either ambition and potential for success or frugality and mediocrity - there's no other choice.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Every player gets paid millions at Arsenal. We literally have players that we don’t want anymore but they earn too many millions so the board pays it anyway on loan. What exactly are you doub

Every player gets paid millions at Arsenal. We literally have players that we don’t want anymore but they earn too many millions so the board pays it anyway on loan. What exactly are you doubting?
Oh I didnt make it clear actually. Yeah, I doubt he'll care that much if hes not playing in his number 1 preferred position..

Most footballers just want to play. That's it..

ash_rasul

Surely he wouldn’t want to come to non UCL clubs to compete for a regular spot, would prefer an assurance or trust to be one of the regular. Especially given there is World Cup as well.
Well that is a key question, and IF we are able to pull this off, then he obviously sees something in the project presented to him.

Big if though, still.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tierney was used to bomb forwards like Reece James when you had Tomi to provide balance but it changed when Tomi got injured as Cedric couldn’t provide the balance to allow Tierney being used the same way, and that changes forced the likes of Saka or MØ high and wide, which resulting the drop of your performance.

I mean he literally didn’t this year. His expected assist numbers were way down.

It’s clear he was getting used differently by Arteta to previous when you watched us every week.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Take a look at this chart. United wants Timber who is the other Ajax CB and younger, and he is like 4 cm taller than Martinez. (Can't get him now because of Van Gaal.)

Martinez had like 3,5 aerials more per 90, and 20% better win percentage. I thought he is good at this, but man, didn't expect such a difference to Timber.

It's all about jumping ability and how well you anticipate the situation when you're shorter and want to succeed.
Thats fine man obviously punches above his height.
Good enough for backup CB but ngl if he comes up against Haaland, Nunez, Toney etc im still concerned. Prem is different gravy to eredivision.

I really like the look of him & more than happy if he is as a squad player/LB which i think will be his role but just not so much if he is playing CB every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom