• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mraven

I’ve made up my mind. If Martinez comes here and gets gametime in Xhaka’s position he’s never going out of the team again and we’re rid of that problem forever. Forget about LB and CB, he’ll cover those positions at most.
So we buy a LB to play in midfield so our midfielder can be LB backup. You just know Arteta will find a way to make Xhaka play

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think if he comes saliba leaves and people don’t want to accept it yet. There is no other reason we buy a CB
I'm hoping that Holding will leave and Lisandro is an option if we ever go 5atb. Alternatively, Arteta isn't gambling on Partey's fitness.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We’re not buying a left footer to replace a right footer come on now. Holding finished himself vs Sp**s.
This whole left footer/right footer thing is nonsense. Campbell/Toure was right footers. So was Adams and Kewon

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah well he is an idiot. That’s why he brought Mari cause he was a left footer ignoring small detail he was a trash defender
True that, lisandro martinez is way better though and versitile as well. We have players like him we don’t crumble when 1 player gets injured like last season. Drop off from Tierney to Tavares or Partey to Lokonga killed us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

True that, lisandro martinez is way better though and versitile as well. We have players like him we don’t crumble when 1 player gets injured like last season. Drop off from Tierney to Tavares or Partey to Lokonga killed us.
He is still 5’9. This isn’t the Dutch league where Ajax can play two small CBs and have them high up the pitch and never get tested. Him and Timber hardly concede and they are 5’9 and 5’10

ash_rasul

Another important thing is that he seems to be a bit of a fighter with some character. We have a young squad, and sometimes they will need to have these types around as an example to help fight through the tougher games.

razörist

He is still 5’9. This isn’t the Dutch league where Ajax can play two small CBs and have them high up the pitch and never get tested. Him and Timber hardly concede and they are 5’9 and 5’10
Yeah he is and if he was tall as well he would cost 80M and also not be able to play 3 positions. You win some u lose some. Fyi played Haaland twice in the CL and kept him from scoring, ajax won both games. But hey that damn height!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah he is and if he was tall as well he would cost 80M and also not be able to play 3 positions. You win some u lose some. Fyi played Haaland twice in the CL and kept him from scoring, ajax won both games. But hey that damn height!
If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. I don’t care how good you are on the ball as CB, At 5’9 in the PL you getting eaten alive. But this is what happens when you priorities passing instead of the actual skills for the keeper like Ramsdale having the worst saving % of pl keepers. But he can pass so it’s all good

razörist

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. I don’t care how good you are on the ball as CB, At 5’9 in the PL you getting eaten alive. But this is what happens when you priorities passing instead of the actual skills for the keeper like Ramsdale having the worst saving % of pl keepers. But he can pass so it’s all good
I always said in here his height doesn’t look good for PL but also that it has never been a problem when he played taller strikers like Haaland and Nunez for example. We’ll see how it goes, we don’t even know which positions he’s being picked for but you in here raging. I’m super content because at the very least he’s gonna be great cover for 3 positions while also adding some much needed CL calibre experience (moan about eredivisie all you want, he’d instantly be our 4th most CL experienced player).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I always said in here his height doesn’t look good for PL but also that it has never been a problem when he played taller strikers like Haaland and Nunez for example. We’ll see how it goes, we don’t even know which positions he’s being picked for but you in here raging. I’m super content because at the very least he’s gonna be great cover for 3 positions while also adding some much needed CL calibre experience (moan about eredivisie all you want, he’d instantly be our 4th most CL experienced player).
There is not enough data in the CL. And look at him and Timber when Nunez scored the header. They look like children

Taurul

"Manchester United and Arsenal have met with the representatives of Ajax defender Lisandro Martinez - and were told £42million will secure the Argentine.

The Gunners have already had a £25million enquiry for the 24-year-old Argentine turned down, while United were planning on paying around £30million for a player who was nurtured in Amsterdam by new boss Erik ten Hag. Martinez wants to come to the Premier League, but fears Ajax are pricing him out of a move.

That didn’t stop intermediaries acting on the defender’s behalf from meeting with both clubs in London during the week
."

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

"Manchester United and Arsenal have met with the representatives of Ajax defender Lisandro Martinez - and were told £42million will secure the Argentine.

The Gunners have already had a £25million enquiry for the 24-year-old Argentine turned down, while United were planning on paying around £30million for a player who was nurtured in Amsterdam by new boss Erik ten Hag. Martinez wants to come to the Premier League, but fears Ajax are pricing him out of a move.

That didn’t stop intermediaries acting on the defender’s behalf from meeting with both clubs in London during the week
."
If Arteta wants him, & he wants to come, we will pay.

Seems to be how we role these days.

razörist

There is not enough data in the CL. And look at him and Timber when Nunez scored the header. They look like children
Man played like 18 CL games what are you on about? And so what they conceeded a header, teams were trying that all the time vs them and they still had a perfect group stage record. Its just such an easy argument, disregard all the good things about him, even the stats show he’s not a liability on headers yet u picked your hill and you’re willing to die on it. Whatever man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom