• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I want to learn Albanian. I learned one word so far and it’s a very beautiful word it means thank you, it’s “Faleminderit”. I say it to Granit whenever he views my story (yes he’s seeing them again, we patched things up), and he even sees the story of me saying it. Love him :love:
the marshall mathers lp stan GIF by Eminem

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He's not good enough to be honest. He does listen to the coach, tactically that is. Perfectly does what's asked of him by Mikel.
But honestly on a technical level he's lacking and you can see it. Putting him higher up has indeed helped since he's error prone. But even higher up you can see it, the time he needs to control a ball, to turn etc he's just not it.

I wouldn't want to see a buy this window for his position though, I'd prefer we find a valid back up for Yakubu, Tomi and if needed Saka.

I was completely surprised he pulled that shot off against Chelsea btw, well done there.
Think we are on the same page. His lack of mobility, extreme one-footedness and poor tackling technique remains, but as you say, there are probably other areas where we need to strengthen first. Plus with Zinchenko having joined we have a player for cover anyhow.

Reactions: Xln

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Think we are on the same page. His lack of mobility, extreme one-footedness and poor tackling technique remains, but as you say, there are probably other areas where we need to strengthen first. Plus with Zinchenko having joined we have a player for cover anyhow.
Pretty much this. I'm glad he's not playing as a lone pivot "6" or whatsoever cause he was shambles in that position.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
His best position has always been in a double pivot.

It’s no shame on Xhaka that single pivot doesn’t suit him. Imagine Pirlo, Alonso, Xavi etc playing as the single pivot. They would all flop much harder!

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
@Xln and @Jury - Like myself, as longtime Xhaka Out brigade members, what is your view on him right now in the current team? I am still very unconvinced by him as a player and think once he is replaced we will be a better team on the pitch, but I can see reasons why managers like him and like to have him around. I am fairly sure he will cost us points this season again, but hopefully with less pressure on him to play well, he might make fewer mistakes. Playing him higher up the pitch surely helps. This is a round about way of saying my red-hot dislike of him has cooled quite a bit, although when the season starts and he screws up in an important game it will be back again I am sure.

In other words, our PR is working on you. Not just his and the club’s but mine and my Twitter group. We are doing bits!
You no longer hate him. Gradually you will learn to love him :love::thumbsup:

Xln

His best position has always been in a double pivot.

It’s no shame on Xhaka that single pivot doesn’t suit him. Imagine Pirlo, Alonso, Xavi etc playing as the single pivot. They would all flop much harder!
Did you just compare Xhaka with Pirlo mate? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pirlo has more talent in his left small toe than Xhaka's whole 2 legs. Unreal stuff you are doing here please don't do this.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Did you just compare Xhaka with Pirlo mate? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pirlo has more talent in his left small toe than Xhaka's whole 2 legs. Unreal stuff you are doing here please don't do this.

Ask prime Pirlo to play out of his comfort zone as a single pivot in the premier league of all leagues (not defensive Serie A) and he would flop harder than a donkey running over a giant bouncing ball.
Xhaka > Pirlo

Pulp

You think you have seen all the takes, but then you read that Xhaka is on par with Pirlo :lol:

Edit: Even better than Pirlo I see. Surely taking the piss here mate?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ask prime Pirlo to play out of his comfort zone as a single pivot in the premier league of all leagues (not defensive Serie A) and he would flop harder than a donkey running over a giant bouncing ball.
Xhaka > Pirlo
diva crack GIF by Andrea

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Xln and @Jury - Like myself, as longtime Xhaka Out brigade members, what is your view on him right now in the current team? I am still very unconvinced by him as a player and think once he is replaced we will be a better team on the pitch, but I can see reasons why managers like him and like to have him around. I am fairly sure he will cost us points this season again, but hopefully with less pressure on him to play well, he might make fewer mistakes. Playing him higher up the pitch surely helps. This is a round about way of saying my red-hot dislike of him has cooled quite a bit, although when the season starts and he screws up in an important game it will be back again I am sure.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
The Xhaka out brigade reminds me of that South Park episode a man from 1997 or something is rescued and gets trapped in a room listening to Ace of Base

Stuck in 2017

Xln

The Xhaka out brigade reminds me of that South Park episode a man from 1997 or something is rescued and gets trapped in a room listening to Ace of Base

Stuck in 2017
How are we stuck in 2017 when we simply say he's not good enough(backed with arguments), even now?

Seems something is stuck in your brains.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The Xhaka outers let their hate for Xhaka cloud their minds about his ability and performances. Last season was not Xhaka’s best season, far from it. I’d say his best season was 2019-2020 going by stats. He has been very good every season. But the default of many people whenever the team didn’t play well was to blame Xhaka, even though more often than not he was good. You let your hate cloud your judgement.

Xln

“Pirlo is one of the supreme artists of his generation, a gem who dominated with grace, the only player on his level or better is that boy Xhaka”. - Marcelo Lippi.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

In other words, our PR is working on you. Not just his and the club’s but mine and my Twitter group. We are doing bits!
You no longer hate him. Gradually you will learn to love him :love::thumbsup:
In Sweden we say you can sell anything with good commercials, even porridge in a can... 😉

@Jury and @Xln good to see that things remain the same! Feels reassuring in these uncertain times.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
In Sweden we say you can sell anything with good commercials, even porridge in a can... 😉

@Jury and @Xln good to see that things remain the same! Feels reassuring in these uncertain times.
We’ll see the same infuriating stuff which will make us feel the same as we ever did. Can our signings make up for his ineptitude? Less conceded and more scored would help. But it will be the same as far as Xhaka goes individually: A liability in our third because of his brain farts, bad tackles and inability to receive it. In midfield, same again, but you can add the opposition running past him too easily. And in his latest role, not creative enough, not mobile enough and turnovers. We’ve got more options though So there’s hope.

All said, as long as we’re winning games, it won’t be an issue. Winning comes first, with or without Xhaka. With both our attack and defence being bolstered though, you feel the midfield—and Xhaka in particular—is where the spotlight will be pointing

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’ll see the same infuriating stuff which will make us feel the same as we ever did. Can our signings make up for his ineptitude? Less conceded and more scored would help. But it will be the same as far as Xhaka goes individually: A liability in our third because of his brain farts, bad tackles and inability to receive it. In midfield, same again, but you can add the opposition running past him too easily. And in his latest role, not creative enough, not mobile enough and turnovers. We’ve got more options though So there’s hope.

All said, as long as we’re winning games, it won’t be an issue. Winning comes first, with or without Xhaka. With both our attack and defence being bolstered though, you feel the midfield—and Xhaka in particular—is where the spotlight will be pointing
Nobody wants to read your essays mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom