• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well, Xhaka is what me and @farzad4daarse were discussing before you decided to involve yourself and yes, I’m including you in with that particular group as their hate for Xhaka is clearly why they’re rating Partey performances so highly last season.

I told you already that Fabinho wasn’t as good as he was in previous years, Liverpool fans even know that so if that’s the basis of this comparison then it doesn’t really hold up to much. Fabinho’s best year for Liverpool was probably between 2019-2020.

Anyways, the reason I keep banging on about the role is because you acknowledged that his role changed last season. Like I said, I could put Kovacic in this debate and compare his particular stats to Partey, would that be a fair comparison since they do have similar traits? As looking on fbref last season, Kovačić is superior in terms of pass completion, progressive carries, progressive passes and successful dribbles completed.
Hahahah, you silly man, you include me as Xhaka hater and deduce I rate Partey because of that, when all of that is your own invention? You're lost man, get help. :lol: I commented on your Partey statement, not that hard to understand.

You fail to understand my point that as soon as Fabinho got injuries like Partey, his level dropped. So it's expected, that if Partey manages to stay fit like Fabinho earlier, he could be almost similar level player. Last season they were quite equal and had similar amount of minutes.

What's really funny, is that you can't accept DMF to DMF comparison with Fabinho, because of this "role". But then you demand to compare with Kovacic, who plays in a totally different tactic in front of a back three. :lol: You're a real comedian. A guy who has most of his career been a CMF, and likely has more of that kind of role for Tuchel and is free to roam with the safety net behind and next to him. And now it's about "traits" for you, not the role.

He isn't "superior" in pass completion, yes a little better, 3,5%. It's apparently these dribbles and progressive carries stats that got you in the comparison against Fabinho. Again, look at the other stats, the difference from last season weren't that big here either, but Kovacic was somewhat better overall.

And if you look at the stats Kovacic has better attacking stats while Partey better defensive stats. But with Fabinho they have quite similar stats in a similar tactic. Now get lost with the "role" bs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So how much actually Leicester asking so we think it's worth paying it. Surely not over 25M? Because a club in thier position can't demand so much money specially for a player won't renew his contract.

Goonger

I wonder if we'll try for the wide player and just sit tight until after the first half of the season & the World Cup for a central midfielder, & assess how Vieira settles. Could always try again in January on a cheap deal, although for the player he might be better waiting until he is a free agent.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Came to check for Tielemans updates here and read Fabinho, Partey, Paqueta.

Summer is gone

G0D

Almighty
If West Ham want any where near £25m I'd go for Paquetá instead. Pay the extra £10m or so and get real quality.

I’m presuming you meant Leicester. Also; Lyon rejected West Ham’s bid of 50m euros for Paqueta and want 60m euros, which Is £50million.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Oh wow let me drop my knickers for him, if he is an attack minded midfielder like you guys claim let’s try to set the bar so low a Pygmy could hurdle it. Tielemans more than tripled his goal output in a season you guys claim was his worst ever, he lapped attack minded Xhak.

@2Smokeyy has already pointed out that Xhaka's role has changed this year, and watching the matches you can see that with Zinchenko coming in, he's playing as an inverted LB and Xhaka isn't dropping deep in possession, rather playing between the lines of the opposition midfield thus allowing Martinelli and Zinchenko more space to play pretty triangles with him, pushing the opposition defence up higher etc. Its a completely different role despite being the same position on paper.

You can't take his more defensive role last year and use it to criticise his poor attacking stats (which you'd expect of that role) while simultaneously calling him an 'offensive minded midfielder' which is his role this year. Ironically, his attacking stats have massively improved due to the new role, which is being ignored, and even ignoring the stats you can see it on the pitch when you watch the games.

This is all over the place, honestly

EDIT: FFS I forgot this was the Tielemans thread :lol:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
If Leicester are playing hardball we should just step back. I think our squad can make it (or fake it) till the WC. I’d like us to keep some powder dry for the January window, give us the chance to spruce things up to relight the fire under our title charge. Especially after seeing how last season really hinged on January transfers. If as reported we’re operating close to the boundaries of FFP and spending more now means we can not spend anything in January I dunno how wise that is. We don’t know what we need until we need it. We can try and plan sure but that comes with plenty of risks.

Come January Leicester will be desperate and they’ll have their pants down. We’ll be able to get him for 15mil and he’ll have a PL title within half a season of joining a new club. Everyone’s happy.

Yes I’m aware I’m being wildly optimistic here. Tis the season to be jolly. The caveats to all this are-

1. We’re Arsenal. So Partey probably gonna do his ACL against Fulham…
2. We’re Arsenal, so we could be fighting for 8th place come January…
2. January market can be iffy

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Name weaker performers in the starting 11? Not one other were as poor as them, even White managed to a decent period of form.
Laca was obvs weaker. Its an unfair & loaded question though.

Left me flip it CM is a super tough position to play. You are expected to do fkin everything.
Partey on his day is imho the best one we have had for years though obviously he has not been as consistently good as we would have liked.

I honestly don't think it's that easy to find guaranteed upgrades. Can you hand on heart say there are loads of much better players/partnerships available out there?

What I will say is that when Partey & Xhaka start/finish games we normally do pretty well.

Man U are struggling to find a solution & people are saying Liverpool perhaps need to strengthen in that area.

Imho the main reason we didn't make top 4 was down to striker & lack of full back cover not because of Partey & Xhaka.

Robs absolute horror show against Sp**s also didn't help. 😜

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Pendejo, don’t try me before I pull up to Mexico and put you in a taco.

@drippin just posted that the roles changed during the season with that quote he posted off the website yet you say they have similar roles. So was Xhaka playing in the same role last season?

You need to put yourself in a king sized bed at 10pm and get a good sleep instead of putting other posters in tacos.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Laca was obvs weaker. Its an unfair & loaded question though.

Left me flip it CM is a super tough position to play. You are expected to do fkin everything.
Partey on his day is imho the best one we have had for years though obviously he has not been as consistently good as we would have liked.

I honestly don't think it's that easy to find guaranteed upgrades. Can you hand on heart say there are loads of much better players/partnerships available out there?

What I will say is that when Partey & Xhaka start/finish games we normally do pretty well.

Man U are struggling to find a solution & people are saying Liverpool perhaps need to strengthen in that area.

Imho the main reason we didn't make top 4 was down to striker & lack of full back cover not because of Partey & Xhaka.

Robs absolute horror show against Sp**s also didn't help. 😜

Yes plenty of players better, even Torreira and Gunedouzi were had period of consistent good peformances which is something Partey is yet to do for us.

Our CM got bossed nearly every match last season and the lack of protection by the two for the defence was embarrassing. The Fact that Elenwny played the last half or so games and outshone their season peformances last year speaks volumes.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@2Smokeyy what did I tell you about sleeping being the most important part of a healthy lifestyle? Why are you posting at 2:30am and 7:00am?

Can’t argue with that but I had a flight to catch.

Ngl was tempted to reschedule it then pull up to Mexico and go full JBL on @🌮44

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You need to put yourself in a king sized bed at 10pm and get a good sleep instead of putting other posters in tacos.

Best advice I’ve received this week, cheers.

I’ve got a dog treat ready when I’m back from my holiday 🤣

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yes plenty of players better, even Torreira and Gunedouzi were had period of consistent good peformances which is something Partey is yet to do for us.

Our CM got bossed nearly every match last season and the lack of protection by the two for the defence was embarrassing. The Fact that Elenwny played the last half or so games and outshone their season peformances last year speaks volumes.
Well because of injuries/afcon/suspension we didn't field Xhaka/TP together much last season. So tbh your point doesn't really stand up.
I would like tielemans/extra competition though no doubt.
I hope Sambi can also kick on this season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
No because Leicester acting like he has 5 years in his contract and probably asking 50M

At least we'll see some movement this week, and this situation can be sorted out one way or the other.

Got a feeling he'll be coming over to us. Just makes a lot of sense for our plans I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom