• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
We need to think about what he can bring and what his flaws up.

Is Xhaka known for recovery pace or agility? What is Xhaka good at?

Can Tielemans pass, can he pass forward, can he recover the ball, does see a pass and can he shoot? I think ita a yes to all of that.

We are building a squad. Xhaka has shown he is good enough to be a starter as a left 8.We worry so much about what happens if we lose Partey or Saka that we don't acknowledge Xhaka getting older and needing more rest. Tielemans can play both the Xhaka role and the Ødegaard role. It makes sense to bring in a Premier League ready player at a good age who will just slot into the system.

Tielemans can do a job for us from the bench. So can any number of young players who will take up less room on the wage bill and hopefully have more potential than him. Don’t care that he’s free - we have money these days.

Genuinely think ESR is better as a Xhaka replacement than him anyway.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Tielemans can do a job for us from the bench. So can any number of young players who will take up less room on the wage bill and hopefully have more potential than him. Don’t care that he’s free - we have money these days.

Genuinely think ESR is better as a Xhaka replacement than him anyway.

Yeah I'd rather see ESR be given minutes in that position. Always good having good players but you shouldn't be blocking home grown talent who have shown they have more to their game. ESR can run at pace with the ball. Tielemans can't.

DuBB

I’ve had a sneaking suspicion since we never even tabled an offer for him in the summer that he’s a backup option for us.

Someone we’ve strung along and considered but now that we’re looking like a CL qualification team we’ve probably bumped him down a few rungs on the list of potential midfield signings.

Credible journalists said we’ve been taking to him since January, and sure in January last season we looked like a team striving to get into any European competition we could and he made sense. But the way we’ve started this season and how things have broken he’s gone from “good pickup” to “we can do better, but just in case…”

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Not fussed if he comes here but can't be any appeal to stay there? Might as well try something new and cash in on that free signing bonus

DuBB

I also don't believe he'll sign a new deal - not because I think we'll get him, but because even if we don't, he can do a lot better than staying at Leicester.

He can play (maybe not as a starter) but he can play for pretty much the Top 6-8 teams in the big five leagues. Staying at Leicester doesn't make sense, unless they're willing to pay him even the sorts of money we wouldn't.

Pepesuave

Recent noise about Newcastle interest...I reckon he fancies it over staying at Leicester. It would be really shrewd of Newcastle if they manage to land both Maddison & Tielemans

GDeep™

League is very weak
They’ve obviously offered a good deal if he’s thinking about staying.

I would say his form in the last year has put off the top clubs, his best hope is a sideways move or a project like Newcastle.

I think he’s been dross for a while, really awful.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

They’ve obviously offered a good deal if he’s thinking about staying.

I would say his form in the last year has put off the top clubs, his best hope is a sideways move or a project like Newcastle.

I think he’s been dross for a while, really awful.

Thoughts on your boy Top G being arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom