• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Aston Villa | Wednesday 31st August 2022 | KO 19:30 BST | BT SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-blog.png

1498374F-4694-4645-BA5D-637F74334805.jpeg

Predicted line up for them (considering no injuries in their game today):

3F9EB2E7-40DF-44AF-B91D-5AE45C850DFF.jpeg

Our team should be (6 players should be enough to beat that side):

0351503D-46F4-485A-A197-0D72BBC5BB78.jpeg

In all seriousness, they’ve definitely got quality in their side but we should have enough to beat them. I’d go with the same team as yesterday (if Zinchenko is fit then he comes straight back into the side) but possibly go with Eddie and Jesus together in place of Saka as I’d give him a rest before OT on Sunday, lad looks fatigued.

Going for a 3-1 win and once Saliba goes full Diego, the celebration police will be out in full force 🚨🚨🚨

A2E2B5DB-87FB-4F50-AD51-31140159450C.jpeg

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We just don't have an absolute killer like Haaland in our team sadly, so things like this will happen a lot this season.

As long as we win, it's fine...we will smoke some teams, but not consistently like City does it.
Do you think if we had Haaland in our side (and hence city didnt), we would win the league?

Melquiades

Excellent performance. Absolutely dismantled them through 70 minutes and that looked like City-Norwich or something. But where City scores 5 goals from that kind of buildup/pressure/chances, we got 1.

And when you only get 1 goal when you dominate, it opens you up to all kinds of ****. Multiple guys get hurt late in the game when they'd be having a jog if it was 4-0. A bizarre play that you'd laugh at if it was 4-0 ties the game and almost costs you the result.

We're getting the wins - which is great - but the team needs to be a lot more ruthless in games like this.

Xhaka was immense. Saka was much better aside from the one very bad miss. Martinelli excellent again. Back 4 all very solid.

Sambi Lokonga ... survived. He has an ability to spray some eye-catching long balls out to the wings, but his work rate and play off the ball is suspect. He should buy Xhaka a beer after this one.

Goal was just a weird play and I don't like to get into overanalyzing weird plays.

Reffing was atrocious. Villa's gameplan was clearly just to try and foul us into oblivion and all of Ramsey/McGinn/Konsa could/should have had multiple yellow cards. Ref needs to have a far better feel for the game and let skill players play. Ridiculous game management. Should have been a penalty on Saka as well.

Injuries are now an issue and getting a result in 4 days at United will be tough. Hopefully Zinchenko is back because that would be a big difference-maker.

Legend14

Established Member
4 goals conceded

One was an own goal
One was a defender pick-pocketed
One was through our keepers legs
One was our keeper being shielded out of a corner.

In addition, we have missed many, many point blank shots or the other team’s has provided some heroics to keep us out.

The upside is very high for this team if we simply execute and that should be scary to others.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

There seems to be this weird agenda against Arsenal by the media for 'celebrating too much'.

Liverpool players and staff celebrated wildy at full time last night. They goaded the away fans and bench, then did a lap of honour around Anfield and not a word is said. Strange times we live in.
Its pretty obvious bias yeah

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I wondered what those fire works sounds were last night, walking away from the game, brilliant way to respond to the celebration police.
Loving the atmosphere at the emirates this season, none of the usual moaning , even when we concede the crowd are right behind the team, and we are playing well, shouldve scored as much as city last night. Some of the misses were so bad (saka), they didnt even replay them on the big screen.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have lost at Old Trafford even when Yanited were at their worst under Moyesh, don't have a good feeling about Sunday either...we have only won twice there with fans, since we moved to the Emirates in 2006.

Will very happily take a draw, if you offered me that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom