• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Aston Villa | Wednesday 31st August 2022 | KO 19:30 BST | BT SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-blog.png

1498374F-4694-4645-BA5D-637F74334805.jpeg

Predicted line up for them (considering no injuries in their game today):

3F9EB2E7-40DF-44AF-B91D-5AE45C850DFF.jpeg

Our team should be (6 players should be enough to beat that side):

0351503D-46F4-485A-A197-0D72BBC5BB78.jpeg

In all seriousness, they’ve definitely got quality in their side but we should have enough to beat them. I’d go with the same team as yesterday (if Zinchenko is fit then he comes straight back into the side) but possibly go with Eddie and Jesus together in place of Saka as I’d give him a rest before OT on Sunday, lad looks fatigued.

Going for a 3-1 win and once Saliba goes full Diego, the celebration police will be out in full force 🚨🚨🚨

A2E2B5DB-87FB-4F50-AD51-31140159450C.jpeg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When you see this was given as a foul TO VILLA, how can you not be fuming over the foul on Ramsdale not being given...really sick of this double standard refs have for us...

...also Emi is a good keeper, but he's mad overrated, nowhere near elite level that too many people think he is...seen him make a ton of errors since fans came back into grounds, he's definitely a no-crowd merchant.

rockofcashel

When you see this was given as a foul TO VILLA, how can you not be fuming over the foul on Ramsdale not being given...really sick of this double standard refs have for us...

...also Emi is a good keeper, but he's mad overrated, nowhere near elite level that too many people think he is...seen him make a ton of errors since fans came back into grounds, he's definitely a no-crowd merchant.

That was given as a foul to Villa, because the laws were specifically changed a couple of seasons ago, to make it a foul to impede or attempt to impede a goalkeeper trying to distribute the ball.

You cannot "run across" a keeper coming out with the ball.

I know some people get pissy over refereeing, and refs "knowing everything, or thinking they do", but the Laws of the Game literally change yearly

Keep up to speed

Riou

That was given as a foul to Villa, because the laws were specifically changed a couple of seasons ago, to make it a foul to impede or attempt to impede a goalkeeper trying to distribute the ball.

You cannot "run across" a keeper coming out with the ball.

I know some people get pissy over refereeing, and refs "knowing everything, or thinking they do", but the Laws of the Game literally change yearly

Keep up to speed

What about their player literally holding Aaron and stopping him from moving on their goal?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Yeah I'm sorry but rock is right - you can't "hold" a player who's behind your back. Try it sometime - you just cant generate strength behind your back like that. He did impede ramsdale but a) Ramsdale should have done better and b) we should have had a player in there next to him on the line. If the cross was six inches lower and away from goal, it would STILL have been a goal as it would have been a free header. Just wasn't good enough and we've come to expect better from Arse on set pieces.
You can and he did, he was shoving his body in to Rasmdale to put more weight and strength behind his arms and keep Ramsdale pinned. Id still expect Ramsdale to do better because you cant depend on refs to do better but a foul is a foul. Also Cashel was essentially saying Rasmdale had to make a big song and dance about it which is exactly whats not meant to work in your favour.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
You can and he did, he was shoving his body in to Rasmdale to put more weight and strength behind his arms and keep Ramsdale pinned. Id still expect Ramsdale to do better because you cant depend on refs to do better but a foul is a foul. Also Cashel was essentially saying Rasmdale had to make a big song and dance about it which is exactly whats not meant to work in your favour.
You can block with your arms out by your side but you can’t “hold” - your arms lose all strength once they’re about 5 degrees behind your body.

Do you even lift bro?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
You can block with your arms out by your side but you can’t “hold” - your arms lose all strength once they’re about 5 degrees behind your body.

Do you even lift bro?
I couldnt hold someone behind me as easily as in front, but if you push your body in to whoever is behind you, place your arms at and angle in a u shape as if youre trying to join your hands its pretty easy to hold somone for a few seconds, and if they try to move you your whole body weight goes with it. As long as your arms arent too high youd get enough strength while wrapping. Now Ramsdale can shove him over but thats a penalty, also if he does his hands are busy and he doesnt know what split second the ball is coming in at.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I couldnt hold someone behind me as easily as in front, but if you push your body in to whoever is behind you, place your arms at and angle in a u shape as if youre trying to join your hands its pretty easy to hold somone for a few seconds, and if they try to move you your whole body weight goes with it. As long as your arms arent too high youd get enough strength while wrapping. Now Ramsdale can shove him over but thats a penalty, also if he does his hands are busy and he doesnt know what split second the ball is coming in at.
Yeah I don’t disagree entirely - he obstructed ramsdale for sure but I think he did it just about within the law. My take on it is that when we saw someone sitting on ramsdale we should have put someone in front of him at the near post. That’s my big takeaway from it all and I hope the team learnt that lesson as well instead of just moaning about sour grapes.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

We have lost at Old Trafford even when Yanited were at their worst under Moyesh, don't have a good feeling about Sunday either...we have only won twice there with fans, since we moved to the Emirates in 2006.

Will very happily take a draw, if you offered me that now.

With this team and this football I would always expect win, regardless who they play. Hopefully the injuries will not affect this great team. I mean you were one of few positive posters on here at the times when arsenal was having even a bad run, what is happening now to you, mate?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Yeah I don’t disagree entirely - he obstructed ramsdale for sure but I think he did it just about within the law. My take on it is that when we saw someone sitting on ramsdale we should have put someone in front of him at the near post. That’s my big takeaway from it all and I hope the team learnt that lesson as well instead of just moaning about sour grapes.
Lets agree to disagree on the foul so.

Yeah definitely should've had someone there, Im thinking its the same as when we didnt block off free kicks and conceded over it, I dont think theres been a single foul where we havent walked away with the ball or got in the way since. Recognize the issue, fix it, move on

Riou

With this team and this football I would always expect win, regardless who they play. Hopefully the injuries will not affect this great team. I mean you were one of few positive posters on here at the times when arsenal was having even a bad run, what is happening now to you, mate?

I think we will get Champions League football this season, just scared of Old Trafford after all I have seen happen there.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It was a foul on Ramsdale but it was quite a clever one tbh.

In that situation Ramsdale has to be a bit less honest / naive and force the referee to give the free kick.....Throw yourself on the floor.

As soon as a GK does that the refs going to blow.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I think we will get Champions League football this season, just scared of Old Trafford after all I have seen happen there.

I do not think there's a reason to fear any team now, away or home. The boys will shine and give their best any place any time. That is my feeling. I fear only injuries.

Uncle Good-Advice

It was a foul on Ramsdale but it was quite a clever one tbh.

In that situation Ramsdale has to be a bit less honest / naive and force the referee to give the free kick.....Throw yourself on the floor.

As soon as a GK does that the refs going to blow.

I thought about that too. This situation was entirely subject to ref's opinion so you need to act properly to convince him.

Another one was that first half leg-breaker tackle from this goblin McGinn on Martinelli. Surely after review there was a chance for a straight red but we need to sell it to the ref. Gabi should be screaming and rolling all over and other guys should constantly be in the ear of the referee. Especially when we play at home and some inexperienced guy like Rob Jones is officiating. Most of great teams do that and we need to adapt and be smarter.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We have lost at Old Trafford even when Yanited were at their worst under Moyesh, don't have a good feeling about Sunday either...we have only won twice there with fans, since we moved to the Emirates in 2006.

Will very happily take a draw, if you offered me that now.
Are you considering the United match as a "free hit"?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal xG 2.96 vs 0.36 Aston Villa

That's a paddlin'

Another dominant performance at home - eventually these will turn into 3, 4, 5 goal games.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsenal xG 2.96 vs 0.36 Aston Villa

That's a paddlin'

Another dominant performance at home - eventually these will turn into 3, 4, 5 goal games.
I feel this is just down to a slight lack of maturity. With slightly better decision making and composure in the final third we will get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom