• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspurs | Saturday 1st, October | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

172a63b0-1c78-11ec-94fb-3737241121a1.png

This is really massive. A win is a must imo. These sort of games, performance usually matters. It's the results that matter.

Arteta will have to learn from his mistakes at Old Trafford. We know the sort of threat Sp**s carry. Their midfield is dogshit. They have Royal, Sanchez, Dier and Sessengnon in their back five.

They'll put 10 men behind the ball and wait for a chink to appear in our amour and they'll exploit it ruthlessly and Son has just come back to form right in time for the derby.

We should have all our players back for this (save for Elneny) barring an injuries in the international break.

Screenshot-20220925-151511.png
Screenshot-20220925-151531.png

Screenshot-20220925-151548.png

Screenshot-20220925-151744.png

Screenshot-20220925-151818.png

Lineup

I think it will be the same lineup vs Brentford tbh.
Screenshot-20220925-152730.png

Prediction
Arsenal 2-0 Sp**s

Screenshot-20220925-152730.png

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That ****ing red card! Still one of the worst. That was a red which you only give if you are really dying to give a red card. :mad: Was it Atkinson who gave that one?🤬
I'm 95% sure it was Dean. I think that was the year he was demoted for a little while.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I'm 95% sure it was Dean. I think that was the year he was demoted for a little while.
You are right, just checked it. ****ing Mike Dean. Glad he doesn't referee anymore. Absolute joke of a referee and so horny on getting into the centre of things...

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Lloris won us the game with his error. I think we were somewhat playing into Conte’s trap up until this point. They had the more clear cut chances in first half but some poor passes with little pressure on them cost them on the counter. We were just passing around the horse shoe (look at the passing maps- hardly any balls into the box). After the second goal, it was all us and showed how rigid Conte’s system is. With 10 men, he was basically declaring defeat at 2-1 with all those substitutions and they were terrible. Few teams would be that defeatist at 2-1 with 10 men.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Ahhh envious poster who insults fans and to let you know I am female and to you all am going now to say to you
enjoy watching Arsenal play
What did I lose? Earlier I saw everyone happy about the win and now I see a lot of cocky Arteta fans celebrating the boss and this... What happened?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Lloris won us the game with his error. I think we were somewhat playing into Conte’s trap up until this point. They had the more clear cut chances in first half but some poor passes with little pressure on them cost them on the counter. We were just passing around the horse shoe (look at the passing maps- hardly any balls into the box). After the second goal, it was all us and showed how rigid Conte’s system is. With 10 men, he was basically declaring defeat at 2-1 with all those substitutions and they were terrible. Few teams would be that defeatist at 2-1 with 10 men.
I think we’re giving Sp**s way too much credit. They did not threaten us bar that set piece and one or two breakaways.

MartiSaka

I think we’re giving Sp**s way too much credit. They did not threaten us bar that set piece and one or two breakaways.
They had pre goal scoring opportunities. That is at least 5-6 events on the midfield break where the right (and not so difficult) pass had them through on goal - son in particular missed a few decent opportunities. Second half they had a decent opportunity in the first couple of minutes, but after the goal, they had nothing.

Not saying we didn’t play well, their chances were a result of our structure and they are the best in the world to exploit that structure. They were sitting so deep there was little space in the box, but we were patient, maintained possession really well and were willing to take some good shots. It was going to be difficult to pass the ball in.

I think it’s a positive we can say we played a Sp**s team who were effective (given how they are organised to play) in the first half but we continued to fight and got on top of them in the second half. IMO they were not terrible ( like the general consensus seems to be ) until the second goal.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

It’s because they are still a good team, they may be largely negative, but they do what they do, very well. Conte has them very well set up in their system and they will beat many teams this year.

What Conte has trained them on is quick, effective transitions, and we saw that cutting through us at times, with their finishing not being up to standard as you say. It’s an aspect of our game we need to improve on, because Liverpool will also be looking to go after that.

As for the Lloris winning us the game, yes that may be true. But it’s exactly the same luck they got at their ground with the soft penalty given and the Holding red card. These games against the top six will always be tight with individual moments deciding the entire game.

Now onto Liverpool, which will also be a tight one, decided by key moments.

MartiSaka

It’s because they are still a good team, they may be largely negative, but they do what they do, very well. Conte has them very well set up in their system and they will beat many teams this year.

What Conte has trained them on is quick, effective transitions, and we saw that cutting through us at times, with their finishing not being up to standard as you say. It’s an aspect of our game we need to improve on, because Liverpool will also be looking to go after that.

As for the Lloris winning us the game, yes that may be true. But it’s exactly the same luck they got at their ground with the soft penalty given and the Holding red card. These games against the top six will always be tight with individual moments deciding the entire game.

Now onto Liverpool, which will also be a tight one, decided by key moments.
It’s was an overstatement by me that he won us the game, but it was the major change point of the game.

blrgooner

Established Member
Some nerd from the Athletic said before the game that Conte has the advantage as…

“Sp**s aren’t playing great, but keep picking up points. Advantage Conte.”
Apparently somehow this means that they will definitely start playing well at some hypothetical point of time and thus are title contenders. Some hare-brained logic that.

blrgooner

Established Member
Don't agree with the first part. I think you can say that that fluffed clearance by Xhaka and that silly foul by Gabriel gifted them a goal as much as Lloros gifted us a goal. Their other 2 chances were both offside and VAR would have ruled them out anyway (at least the first one for sure). I do agree that we were mostly passing the ball without getting into the box too often but that was still much better than what they were doing which was nothing.

Chris Red

Player:Ødegaard
Great game for me yesterday. Tottenham does not really play football. Besides, their goal should have been avoided. The team showed control, calm and keeps a very good spirit.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Just watched the first half, as I missed it earlier.

Our team remind me a lot of Liverpool, in that we play a very high intensity game for large portions. Compare that to City, who are happy to slow the game down to a stroll at times, even if they are chasing the game.

I think we need to learn to play that way more, in addition to our high energy play. This would be very useful if teams want to get back an advantage that they have lost, due to us scoring. United used our eagerness to keep pushing to great effect when they won at their ground last month.

Get that slowed control game more into our game, and we will have a new dimension to our game I reckon.
First goal was literally that, what was it, 22 passes? Slowly from side to side working it to the edge of the box where Partey had a shot.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
First goal was literally that, what was it, 22 passes? Slowly from side to side working it to the edge of the box where Partey had a shot.

Yeah I see what you are saying, but not exactly what I'm referring to.

I'm talking about moments in games where we need composure, and a slowed game to take the steam out of your opponent. There are traces of it already as we arent conceding immediately after scoring anymore. That is a sign that we are able to hold the ball in moments where we could be caught napping so to speak. Unfortunately it happened against United as well, with us not slowing down but pushing on and trying to build on the equalising momentum.

This is an aspect of our play that we need, in addition to a few more top drawer additions.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Another bonus is Conte won’t stick around too long with performances like that.

With all the rumblings I predict he will be back in Italy before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom