• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspurs | Saturday 1st, October | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

172a63b0-1c78-11ec-94fb-3737241121a1.png

This is really massive. A win is a must imo. These sort of games, performance usually matters. It's the results that matter.

Arteta will have to learn from his mistakes at Old Trafford. We know the sort of threat Sp**s carry. Their midfield is dogshit. They have Royal, Sanchez, Dier and Sessengnon in their back five.

They'll put 10 men behind the ball and wait for a chink to appear in our amour and they'll exploit it ruthlessly and Son has just come back to form right in time for the derby.

We should have all our players back for this (save for Elneny) barring an injuries in the international break.

Screenshot-20220925-151511.png
Screenshot-20220925-151531.png

Screenshot-20220925-151548.png

Screenshot-20220925-151744.png

Screenshot-20220925-151818.png

Lineup

I think it will be the same lineup vs Brentford tbh.
Screenshot-20220925-152730.png

Prediction
Arsenal 2-0 Sp**s

Screenshot-20220925-152730.png

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Yeah I see what you are saying, but not exactly what I'm referring to.

I'm talking about moments in games where we need composure, and a slowed game to take the steam out of your opponent. There are traces of it already as we arent conceding immediately after scoring anymore. That is a sign that we are able to hold the ball in moments where we could be caught napping so to speak. Unfortunately it happened against United as well, with us not slowing down but pushing on and trying to build on the equalising momentum.

This is an aspect of our play that we need, in addition to a few more top drawer additions.

United were on the ropes, ready to receive a knockout blow. We got over excited trying to kill them off, but for some reason I don’t feel to bad about it.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Another bonus is Conte won’t stick around too long with performances like that.

With all the rumblings I predict he will be back in Italy before the end of the season.
I wonder how much will change when Conte's gone.

Sp**s, at the moment, might even be set up worse than United for possession based football. So, whoever comes in may have no choice but to continue the approach.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
United were on the ropes, ready to receive a knockout blow. We got over excited trying to kill them off, but for some reason I don’t feel to bad about it.

Agreed, you can understand why Arteta did what he did on the day.

MA08

I think the biggest difference between Sp**s & Man U are the midfielders. Man U had two extremely good midfielders who could play great passes first time and open teams up. Sp**s did not have anyone like that. If you look at the Man U game, they opened us up with even lesser time and space than what we gave Sp**s. This with the presence of Partey ensured Sp**s rarely threatened us.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What did I lose? Earlier I saw everyone happy about the win and now I see a lot of cocky Arteta fans celebrating the boss and this... What happened?
that was a reply to a fan I could not do the quote so I copy paste ''
ArsenesCoatMaker said:
We need to campaign for a short persons section and until that time you sir should stay at homeblimey''

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think the biggest difference between Sp**s & Man U are the midfielders. Man U had two extremely good midfielders who could play great passes first time and open teams up. Sp**s did not have anyone like that. If you look at the Man U game, they opened us up with even lesser time and space than what we gave Sp**s. This with the presence of Partey ensured Sp**s rarely threatened us.
Because we didn't have Partey and mikel always play Lokonga as DM and Lokonga have zero ability play DM so one pass from Eriksen and manutd bypass us. I'm still sure if Partey was fit against utd we would have got a point at least.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What did I lose? Earlier I saw everyone happy about the win and now I see a lot of cocky Arteta fans celebrating the boss and this... What happened?
add on I was rying to do both quotes up
I forgot to say you may noticed it post 1530 1575 and post 1576

SA Gunner

Would have been interesting to see how we would have done, had TP5 been available for Old Trafford.

Shows his importance and that we need to upgrade or seriously challenge his spot this summer. I cant think beyond FDJ as that player. We bring him in and Arteta drills him more from a positional and awareness perspective. I think he is closer to complete for our six role.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Finely poised? What game were you watching? Sp**s were toothless af today. We dominated and controlled the majority of the game, and never even got out of second gear. They only had two chances. First from a free-kick that never was. The second from a penalty which should have been prevented in the first place.
'ThE GAmE Wus FINly PosisED'

The game:

FeAK1nLXkAEfQ45
At 1-1 it could have gone in either direction. We went on to dominate the game and win convincingly.

Use your brains please.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They had pre goal scoring opportunities. That is at least 5-6 events on the midfield break where the right (and not so difficult) pass had them through on goal - son in particular missed a few decent opportunities. Second half they had a decent opportunity in the first couple of minutes, but after the goal, they had nothing.

Not saying we didn’t play well, their chances were a result of our structure and they are the best in the world to exploit that structure. They were sitting so deep there was little space in the box, but we were patient, maintained possession really well and were willing to take some good shots. It was going to be difficult to pass the ball in.

I think it’s a positive we can say we played a Sp**s team who were effective (given how they are organised to play) in the first half but we continued to fight and got on top of them in the second half. IMO they were not terrible ( like the general consensus seems to be ) until the second goal.
@OnlyOne @sergio_giorgini

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Another bonus is Conte won’t stick around too long with performances like that.

With all the rumblings I predict he will be back in Italy before the end of the season.
He will leave in the summer no later. He wants back to Juve I would think. Why stay at Sp**s which was a side gig from the start?

SA Gunner

At 1-1 it could have gone in either direction. We went on to dominate the game and win convincingly.

Use your brains please.

Its exactly the way Sp**s like to play, concede possession and territory, to create space for themselves.
I think the bigger question for me is around why they werent as efficient as they are known to be, especially in situations they are designed for and have almost perfected. It was obviously a combination of many factors, like our home advantage, luck, us stopping the threat in time, etc. But which was the driving factor on the day, if you could pin it on a factor.

What yesterday's result does show me though, is that we are able to control games better, especially in those dangerous situations, against top opposition who will very likely exploit those moments. Big positive for the team.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I knew the goalposts would shift, as expected. :lol:
Honestly this is a head scratcher as I don’t know how I have moved any goal post. I never big upped the NLD as a test match. Beating Sp**s at home should be as easy as Pete Sampras holding serve at Wimbledon. I have difficulty even considering Sp**s at home a true big six test. Honestly a road fixture to Newcastle will be a much tougher test. Lfc at home bigger test, Sp**s at home is an entry level big match as close to a give me as you get in big 6 fixtures.

Am I happy yes, does it change anything not really they have won 2 times in Emirates since it’s been open are we really starting the statue now because, if that is case wow have standards degraded. Wenger used to mop the floor with these guys as almost a footnote.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If Partey plays vs United we either draw or beat them. Regardless, I think we learned our lesson from that game.

SA Gunner

Honestly this is a head scratcher as I don’t know how I have moved any goal post. I never big upped the NLD as a test match. Beating Sp**s at home should be as easy as Pete Sampras holding serve at Wimbledon. I have difficulty even considering Sp**s at home a true big six test. Honestly a road fixture to Newcastle will be a much tougher test. Lfc at home bigger test, Sp**s at home is an entry level big match as close to a give me as you get in big 6 fixtures.

Am I happy yes, does it change anything not really they have won 2 times in Emirates since it’s been open are we really starting the statue now because, if that is case wow have standards degraded. Wenger used to mop the floor with these guys as almost a footnote.

Sure, Ill give you this one. You are correct and the history of this fixture shows that.

Ill even go on to say that this coming week's Liverpool game is technically a more difficult fixture based on history, but its also not enough of an individual, cup final like pressure match. Newcastle away, City away, Liverpool away, Sp**s away, Brighton away, are going to be the real individual tests for this team.

Ill end by saying that I dont agree with these once off matches being an indicator of league outcomes or progress of a team, unless there are no games left afterward. Its because there are so many variables involved and anything can swing the game, as we saw yesterday.

Instead... performances over a season, and how we react (both in game and between games) to setbacks is the real indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom