• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Glimpses of the real Reiss starting to come through. Getting there.
When he is on, he is just electric to watch. You can see the raw talent and explosiveness. Like a player that can legit be a game changer. Maybe they should try him through the middle in some of these league cup esque type of games. He thrives when he gets as many touches as possible. Never felt he was a winger. He is a player who will dovetail around the pitch, but should never be used primarily on the wings if the team is going to get the best out of him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Glimpses of the real Reiss starting to come through. Getting there.

Oh I think he did very well , Brighton has proven very tough to break down for us even at home and he's managed to break lines quite easy .
I notice in the 2nd half he stayed wide and saw less of the ball ? I am wondering whether Arteta told him to do that because Marquinhos wouldn't budge of the touch line on the other side either.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Again the problem was never the talent with. But his mentality and there is serious question mark if he can play for a club of Arsenal level. When things get tough and he is struggling will he hide as he done in the past?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Man am I happy to see him playing with that type of confidence. I really am so glad to see him doing the flair footwork there, reminding us of the ability he has and why we all felt he was a generational prospect, shows he's playing with confidence, and it wasn't unnecessary either. Rest of the game seems full of useful carries and good passes / decision making at the end of it, minus the overhit pass to Nketiah. We really just flat out haven't seen him play with that confidence before for Arsenal, it's so weird it just disappeared like that at first team level for us. Even though I remember warning signs when I look back after the fact (a game I watched against Anderlecht in the u19 CL where there was a bit more tactical exigency and he played like he has most of the time for Arsenal), on the whole I never expected that from a player like him where confidence seemed like a property of his game. Football is such a strange and unpredictable sport sometimes, especially where player development is concerned.

I wonder if we will hold off on Mudryk or someone like that to see how Nelson evolves this season. I can see it. It's a long shot but the ability is there. Just need to see it against better competition to really start dreaming on him again.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Man am I happy to see him playing with that type of confidence. I really am so glad to see him doing the flair footwork there, reminding us of the ability he has and why we all felt he was a generational prospect, shows he's playing with confidence, and it wasn't unnecessary either. Rest of the game seems full of useful carries and good passes / decision making at the end of it, minus the overhit pass to Nketiah. We really just flat out haven't seen him play with that confidence before for Arsenal, it's so weird it just disappeared like that at first team level for us. Even though I remember warning signs when I look back after the fact (a game I watched against Anderlecht in the u19 CL where there was a bit more tactical exigency and he played like he has most of the time for Arsenal), on the whole I never expected that from a player like him where confidence seemed like a property of his game. Football is such a strange and unpredictable sport sometimes, especially where player development is concerned.

I wonder if we will hold off on Mudryk or someone like that to see how Nelson evolves this season. I can see it. It's a long shot but the ability is there. Just need to see it against better competition to really start dreaming on him again.
It would be the most Arsenal thing wouldn’t it. Lack of ruthlessness. Hence why we haven’t been in CL for 7 years and in title years 12-13 years. 2 good games he had this season after not playing well for years and because of these 2 games we will change our transfer target and our need for a wide forward. We already bid for Raphina which shows we believed we needed one in the summer despite Nelson being here. This club has lacked desire to be great for many many years

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It would be the most Arsenal thing wouldn’t it. Lack of ruthlessness. Hence why we haven’t been in CL for 7 years and in title years 12-13 years. 2 good games he had this season after not playing well for years and because of these 2 games we will change our transfer target and our need for a wide forward. We already bid for Raphina which shows we believed we needed one in the summer despite Nelson being here. This club has lacked desire to be great for many many years
Tbf most Arsenal thing would've been keeping Leno as GK instead of spending 30m on Ramsdale, not buying a top talent like Vieira this summer to back-up Ødegaard and centre attacking midfield positions, not buying White because of Saliba, sticking with Lokonga (something I'm convinced we won't do), not going for Raphinha as you say, not moving on Willock for significant money when it was clear he wasn't the level required yet and the likely pay-off wasn't enough to justify continuing to develop him and sacrifice results, etc. etc.

This is a different regime that is operating like a big club should. But I don't want to lose our values of player development and preference to academy products where it is appropriate and fits with our ambitions. Whether that's the case will depend if Nelson can replicate this level consistently in the second half against top competition...or whether he gets that chance in the first place, too.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tbf most Arsenal thing would've been keeping Leno as GK instead of spending 30m on Ramsdale, not buying a top talent like Vieira this summer to back-up Ødegaard and centre attacking midfield positions, not buying White because of Saliba, sticking with Lokonga (something I'm convinced we won't do), not going for Raphinha as you say, not moving on Willock for significant money when it was clear he wasn't the level required yet and the likely pay-off wasn't enough to justify continuing to develop him and sacrifice results, etc. etc.

This is a different regime that is operating like a big club should. But I don't want lose to use our values of player development and preference to academy products where it is appropriate and fits with our ambitions. Whether that's the case will depend if Nelson can replicate this level consistently in the second half against top competition...or whether he gets that chance in the first place, too.
I don’t think it’s wise to give him until end of the season. We need reinforcement as soon as January starts. Until the Nottingham sub no one cared for Nelson or thought he was good enough. To throw away the best start we had in about 15 years on a gamble would be highly disappointment.

Big Nate

I don’t think it’s wise to give him until end of the season. We need reinforcement as soon as January starts. Until the Nottingham sub no one cared for Nelson or thought he was good enough. To throw away the best start we had in about 15 years on a gamble would be highly disappointment.
Bringing someone in January is necessary. If Nelson is good enough in training and in his first team apps then he will get ahead of the January signing. That's the reality at a top club

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Bringing someone in January is necessary. If Nelson is good enough in training and in his first team apps then he will get ahead of the January signing. That's the reality at a top club
Yeah, fair play. He'll have a few games in December / January to perhaps give them and us something to think about, though. Let's see what happens. As always rooting for our own.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

3 games until the window opens. Is he gonna get 3 ha tricks to change the clubs plan in buying an attacker?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
3 games until the window opens. Is he gonna get 3 ha tricks to change the clubs plan in buying an attacker?
That's why I said January, mate. :) Business rarely done early in the window anyways, and yes, I do suspect they'll feel out his performance level a bit before committing to a long-term decision for the squad.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah, fair play. He'll have a few games in December / January to perhaps give them and us something to think about, though. Let's see what happens. As always rooting for our own.
I think there is bigger chance by mid jan our title dreams are over with the games coming up and that stopping us from signing than anything Nelson will do. If the Mudryk signing is not done by mid Dec I doubt we sign him

Geofranco

I think there is bigger chance by mid jan our title dreams are over with the games coming up and that stopping us from signing than anything Nelson will do. If the Mudryk signing is not done by mid Dec I doubt we sign him
There is also no guarantee that Mudryk hits the ground running or is even a long-term success in the EPL.

Geofranco

One thing I would always say about Saka was that he was a big game player even in the academy. Never scared of the moment, never hid. It was his football IQ, mentality and versatility that made me know he would 100 percent make it. Technically he was good, but didn't look top top quality there lol. But every once in a while, he would pull off something ridiculous or dribble through the entire defense and you're like, wait a minute, this guy could be a legit star.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom