• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,159,986

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Powerhouse already at 16. Those deep runs shedding opponents like flies is special. Gives you Ronaldo De Lima vibes lol.
Surely barring injury he’ll be a first teamer this time next year?

Don’t see him needing to develop physically like Patino, he’s got it all already.
He's hands down my favourite prospect currently, bar none. Can play 6 or 8. The scariest thing IMO is that to me, he actually still seems quite raw (which makes sense, he's been fast tracked.) If they can get him to refine his game, he could be amazing. He seems to be doing a lot of developing as a 6 aswell, clearly trying to focus his game and give him more responsibility.

I don't even think playing 6 would negate his dribbling style much either. He does a lot of very good work in the deeper middle 3rd and the approach after.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He's hands down my favourite prospect currently, bar none. Can play 6 or 8. The scariest thing IMO is that to me, he actually still seems quite raw (which makes sense, he's been fast tracked.) If they can get him to refine his game, he could be amazing. He seems to be doing a lot of developing as a 6 aswell, clearly trying to focus his game and give him more responsibility.

I don't even think playing 6 would negate his dribbling style much either. He does a lot of very good work in the deeper middle 3rd and the approach after.
Yea he is def still raw in some areas. But the thing I like about him is that he clearly thinks the game. Not just trying to dominate with strength and speed. He makes smart decisions on and off the ball. And he is a very fluid athlete. Prob the best athlete I have seen in the academy in a long time. I still think some of his touches and passing range can improve which will happen with more reps and experience. It's weird he doesn't look so tall, but sometimes just seems so physically overwhelming for the defenders when he is in full stride. Some Yaya Toure and Ronaldo De Lima type of physicality and athleticism.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Impossible to choose between him and Nwaneri for me, some of the touches and finishing from Nwaneri are ridiculous for a player his age. Usually a CM with MLS’ abilities top all but Nwaneri just has ‘it’.

The club should be throwing everything at these two, barring injury both will be playing first team football inside 18 months either here or elsewhere.

Geofranco

Impossible to choose between him and Nwaneri for me, some of the touches and finishing from Nwaneri are ridiculous for a player his age. Usually a CM with MLS’ abilities top all but Nwaneri just has ‘it’.

The club should be throwing everything at these two, barring injury both will be playing first team football inside 18 months either here or elsewhere.
I don't think there is any need to rush with Nwaneri. Let's see him dominate U21 football first like Saka, Joe Willock and Nelson did before we start pushing for him to be in the first team. With Skelly, I can see him getting first team minutes before he is 18. But probably would need to go on loan for a full year playing against grown men to see how he copes. Our U18 team are not looking so hot this season, don't know what Wilshere is doing defensively lol. Although Nwaneri and Skelly have not really played consistently with that group.

Afro Mugo

I don't think there is any need to rush with Nwaneri. Let's see him dominate U21 football first like Saka, Joe Willock and Nelson did before we start pushing for him to be in the first team. With Skelly, I can see him getting first team minutes before he is 18. But probably would need to go on loan for a full year playing against grown men to see how he copes. Our U18 team are not looking so hot this season, don't know what Wilshere is doing defensively lol. Although Nwaneri and Skelly have not really played consistently with that group.
I didn't expect them to do much. Wilshere is still a newbie in coaching so it would of course take time plus this year the team is really young, most of them bar Robinson, Quamina ( when he has played ) Green and Ismail had played at this level before which counts a lot at this level. The last match we lost to Westham 4-0 I think , four of those West ham players were on the Bench for their conference League fixture , Mubama who scored against us actually started that match. They are just a really young team and it's harder for them when their two best players don't feature.

Afro Mugo

I think everyone is just spooked because of the reports that other top clubs are linked so people want him to be fast tracked as soon as possible.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Could someone pleae tell me how come on FIFA 23, our 2 young academy players (not sure their potential) but Salah Eddine & Mika Biereth both technically contracted towards us, their loan clubs permanently?

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Is it me or has Butler-Oyedeji improved immensely. He looks like he's ahad a growth spurt and looks much better technically than last season. He could be a urprise package over the next few seasons.

Geofranco

Is it me or has Butler-Oyedeji improved immensely. He looks like he's ahad a growth spurt and looks much better technically than last season. He could be a urprise package over the next few seasons.
Don't think he is talented enough to make it here, but he has def been very good this season.

Geofranco

Great comp of his season so far. Despite his small frame and relative lack of power, he really knows how to use his body well to shield and carry.
I actually think his running power is pretty impressive for such a small lad, plus it doesn't even look like he has a powerful base. He looks like one of those natural athletes. I have even been impressed by his leaping ability, great timing and also very tenacious with a great engine on and off the ball.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I actually think his running power is pretty impressive for such a small lad, plus it doesn't even look like he has a powerful base. He looks like one of those natural athletes. I have even been impressed by his leaping ability, great timing and also very tenacious with a great engine on and off the ball.
He looks much stronger too. Seems we have some good nutritionists and personal trainers at the club. Soooooooo much talent in the club right now.

ragnarock

He looks much stronger too. Seems we have some good nutritionists and personal trainers at the club. Soooooooo much talent in the club right now.
Des Ryan was Head of academy sports medicine and athletic development for 8 years until 2021. He deserves a lot of praise.

He is a big advocate for strength training all through the age groups.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Another loan spell cut short...
Glad it got cut short. He was doing fine till they changed managers. Didn't help that he didn't have a defined role.

Needs to go to a team that needs a specific position and play there. Somewhere hopefully that needs either a 6 or an 8, preferably a 6. France isn't a bad bet.

Azeez needs to step it up though, he's already being lapped by big talents but once upon a time he was one of our biggest and best. Needs to stay focused.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom