• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

MA08

He is rusty and lacking match sharpness. Same with Tomiyasu who also looked a bit slower yesterday. Additionally the threat of suspension might also be playing in his mind

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think he completely shut off for that goal, just didn't have his usual sharpness or intensity about him. Better it happen for what was a consolation than something that could be match deciding.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All 21 year olds will make errors, no matter how much talent they have...that's why young CBs starting at top clubs are very rare, as their mistakes can prove the most costly...expecting him to be perfect is just stupid.

Not worried at all, and no one else should be...the good far outweighs any bad.

Top player, will be the best defender in the world at some point soon.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
All 21 year olds will make errors, no matter how much talent they have...that's why young CBs starting at top clubs are very rare, as their mistakes can prove the most costly...expecting him to be perfect is just stupid.

Not worried at all, and no one else should be...the good far outweighs any bad.

Top player, will be the best defender in the world at some point soon.
Koscielny spent his entire career being a clown and Arsenal fans still love him. Saliba and Gabriel deserve to get some leeway.

Wounded Healer

Did he? They just triggered a clause to keep him for a year while they negotiate. No reliable source so far reported they've rejected anything. Or?
"
90Min claims that the representatives for Saliba feel Arsenal’s offer doesn’t reflect the fact he is now a top European defender. With that, it appears the French star’s agents are looking for more money and a pay packet to reflect his status.

News of Saliba’s team playing hardball will worry some inside Arsenal. Despite activating that 12 month option, Arsenal will be acutely aware that any sale value will dip with each passing month."

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I want to see him take on the challenges of Kane and Haaland in the coming games. I think he'll step his game up.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
"
90Min claims that the representatives for Saliba feel Arsenal’s offer doesn’t reflect the fact he is now a top European defender. With that, it appears the French star’s agents are looking for more money and a pay packet to reflect his status.

News of Saliba’s team playing hardball will worry some inside Arsenal. Despite activating that 12 month option, Arsenal will be acutely aware that any sale value will dip with each passing month."

Will wait for a better source but still yeah, it would make sense to ask for money. In the end, his situation was mismanaged by the current regime so he is right to wait it out.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Koscielny spent his entire career being a clown and Arsenal fans still love him. Saliba and Gabriel deserve to get some leeway.
Koscielny got critique when he deserved it. As it should be

Very poor mistake from Saliba tbh. Wasn't even a chance untill he passed it back to him. Could've just let it go by him

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Was much more like himself today. Didn't give Wilson or Wood a sniff and made some good progressive passes. He'll need to be on top of his game against the gimp and the dolphin at their toilet bowl.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I noticed a hesitation around the halfway line whilst going to head the ball in the second half, it was a free header but he let it bounce which resulted in a competed header as the ball came back down a second time. He won the duel so no harm done but it was a nervous moment. Probably the only one of the game that I remember.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Great outing from him. He was so good at intercepting balls from their attack before they could start an attack

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Thought Saliba was excellent again, he's back to full match sharpness hopefully going into the sticky patch.

Quality kid this, he is right at home in our defense. He must be signed on.

Problem for me in this game was that he still wants to dawdle on the ball when the pressure is on. He needs to work on this aspect of his game because teams will be identifying this and planning for it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Apart from 1-2 sloppy passes he dominated Joelinton and Wilson really good performance after the shaky one against Brighton and westham

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Is it me or has Saliba’s passing become a tad more conservative? It seems to me he is lire willing to delegate to Gabriel than try any adventurous passes. Just a thought.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Quality kid this, he is right at home in our defense. He must be signed on.

Problem for me in this game was that he still wants to dawdle on the ball when the pressure is on. He needs to work on this aspect of his game because teams will be identifying this and planning for it.
I don't think it's that he wants to dawdle. I think it's a feature of his game that he feels very comfortable on the ball and wants to draw the pressure on so he can create a more progressive pass than possible when they're in front of him. He's more than capable of moving the ball quickly. He definitely holds it on purpose. Now whether he should always do that or not is debatable but it's definitely not because of any issue playing through pressure.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom