• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Balogun may have a combination of Jesus and Eddie, so 25m is too little unfortunately.

You do anything less than 50m, then it has to involve Leao. I'd say 40 + Balogun would be good business for Rafa.
Why would we consider a sale without bringing him back to see if he’s good enough for us?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Balogun is not remis player though. I agree with @GDeep™ just keep him. I don’t get the people who brings up players to argue how much we should sell him for. It’s like a single man telling you how amazing a girl is. And you say if she is so amazing why did you not try to get with her.
What a load of ****e mate.

When you buy and sell something you analyse the market to see how much similar things cost and how much you can charge. Doesn't matter if its football or life.

How do you know a pint at £6 is expensive if you don't think about the one you paid £3 for an hour before.

I would bring him back and see how he gets on. But if we are to sell him, it is certainly for more than €25m.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Let's see some players who did well in the French league and what they were sold for.

Osimhen- €75m
Tchoumeni- €80m
James- €75m
Lemar- €75m
Tolisso- €41m
Malcom- €40m
Mendy (Real Madrid one)- €48m

I have specifically showed players who did not join PL clubs as we know often the PL clubs have to pay more.

So if Balogun is performing on par or better than the above players, why should we accept 20m? There's not a single player there less than double that fee. Now we know goalscorers are the most expensive players. However above we have DCM and fullbacks costing north of 40-50m.

I will ask you this. If Balogun was a Reims players and we wanted him based on this season. Do you think they would ask for 20-25m? No it would be €40m or more. It shouldn't be any different.

If the foriegn clubs can't afford him then they should start looking in the championship for players.
Yeah but all of those were pre pandemic other than Tchoumeni

The top 5 leagues in Europe alone lost £4.5 billion, the Premiership has bounced back because of the TV money, the rest of Europe hasn't.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Why would we consider a sale without bringing him back to see if he’s good enough for us?

Because Rafael Leao could be available if Milan are interested in Balogun.

Get Leao on the left, Raphinha/Moussa Diaby on the right, Rasmus Hojlund as an option down the center for around 100m. Balogun plays a part in that for me.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah but all of those were pre pandemic other than Tchoumeni

The top 5 leagues in Europe alone lost £4.5 billion, the Premiership has bounced back because of the TV money, the rest of Europe hasn't.
So we have an obligation to sell our players cheap and then buy their dross for treble the price because they don't have as much money as us? Because this is the argument.

TornadoTed

Established Member
So we have an obligation to sell our players cheap and then buy their dross for treble the price because they don't have as much money as us? Because this is the argument.
No, of course we don't have an obligation to sell our players cheap. If nobody meets our asking price we have the option to just say no and keep the player.

I just don't think we will get the offers a lot of people are hoping for from European clubs.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No, of course we don't have an obligation to sell our players cheap. If nobody meets our asking price we have the option to just say no and keep the player.

I just don't think we will get the offers a lot of people are hoping for from European clubs.
I don't see where people are hoping for or expecting 60m offers. What most are saying is AC Milans figure is a joke and that we would want much more. Not expect. Want.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We're not getting more than 30m for our third choice forward. 25m sounds like a reasonable opening bid. Our first choice forward cost us 50m.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There are too many premier league only fans in here who don’t realise the numbers they are quoting is only realistic fit 5/6 clubs in Europe and Milan sure ain’t one of them

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Because Rafael Leao could be available if Milan are interested in Balogun.

Get Leao on the left, Raphinha/Moussa Diaby on the right, Rasmus Hojlund as an option down the center for around 100m. Balogun plays a part in that for me.
Leao doesn't want to play in England and Milan would want to pay for Balogun over like 50 years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There are too many premier league only fans in here who don’t realise the numbers they are quoting is only realistic fit 5/6 clubs in Europe and Milan sure ain’t one of them
You are completely ignoring what I am saying to try and act like you have a point.

We are not saying that we are expecting bids of 50m. We are simply saying that we wouldn't entertain offers of 25m. I really don't understand what is so difficult about that concept.

Are you telling me AC Milan, Inter Milan, Napoli, Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Ajax, can't afford more than €25m? Because those are clubs that could be interested. That's the maximum they can pay for a player? They sell players for 50m, 100m yet can only afford to sign players for 20m?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You are completely ignoring what I am saying to try and act like you have a point.

We are not saying that we are expecting bids of 50m. We are simply saying that we wouldn't entertain offers of 25m. I really don't understand what is so difficult about that concept.

Are you telling me AC Milan, Inter Milan, Napoli, Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Ajax, can't afford more than €25m? That's the maximum they can pay for a player? They sell players for 50m, 100m yet can only afford to sign players for pennies?
We should entertain 25 million if that’s the best we get and Arteta deems him worse than nketiah. If he stays and is behind Jesus trossard and nketiah then it’s not worth keeping him

I just think one of nketiah or Balogun has to go in the summer. There is only so many players you can have. Specially as we want to extend Nelson and rumours of Arteta wanting another wide player.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We should entertain 25 million if that’s the best we get and Arteta deems him worse than nketiah. If he stays and is behind Jesus trossard and nketiah then it’s not worth keeping him

I just think one of nketiah or Balogun has to go in the summer. There is only so many players you can have. Specially as we want to extend Nelson and rumours of Arteta wanting another wide player.
If the best we get in summer is €25m you take the chance and loan him out again. If he has a **** loan maybe you end up selling for €10-12m. If he has a decent loan again his value could increase and you can sell then or you bring him back.

The risk v reward is more in favor of the reward in that case.

If someone offers 35-40m then you seriously consider it. That will likely be from a PL club.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If the best we get in summer is €25m you take the chance and loan him out again. If he has a **** loan maybe you end up selling for €10-12m. If he has a decent loan again his value could increase and you can sell then or you bring him back.

The risk v reward is more in favor of the reward in that case.

If someone offers 35-40m then you seriously consider it. That will likely be from a PL club.
Sh1t loans mean he won’t play. So you won’t get 12 million for a player who had a sh1t loan with 12 months left on his deal next summer

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think if you get 30 you'd be happy enough. Don't think we'll getting a better offer than that. Scoring for Reims isn't exactly gonna make your value skyrocket.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think if you get 30 you'd be happy enough. Don't think we'll getting a better offer than that. Scoring for Reims isn't exactly gonna make your value skyrocket.
Well scoring for Lille made a certain man's price rocket. Goes by the name of Pepe.

And it was good enough to make Oshimens price rocket too.

Is it one rule for one and different for another?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Well scoring for Lille made a certain man's price rocket. Goes by the name of Pepe.

And it was good enough to make Oshimens price rocket too.

Is it one rule for one and different for another?

It's one season tho, and Lille are always usually competing for the European spots if not the title the odd year so they're regulars in Europe.

Osimhen was an obvious superstar.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's one season tho, and Lille are always usually competing for the European spots if not the title the odd year so they're regulars in Europe.

Osimhen was an obvious superstar.
Yeah hence why he went for 75m.

We aren't expecting that for Flo. Just something more than £18m and a years supply of Dolmio pasta sauce.

Something around €35m would be in the acceptable ballpark if he continues how he is.

We have seen for transfer fees to rise a lot you don't need 3 seasons of top football. One good season can see a players value go through the roof. Look at Mudryk. Caicedo etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom