• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah hence why he went for 75m.

We aren't expecting that for Flo. Just something more than £18m and a years supply of Dolmio pasta sauce.

Something around €35m would be in the acceptable ballpark if he continues how he is.
He went for 75 million and we couldn’t even sell him and had to loan him out. One of the worst deals I seen. It was so bad it got our previous football director sacked. I still don’t get why you so eager to get rid of him. Don’t you rate him? We could do with a top striker

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He went for 75 million and we couldn’t even sell him and had to loan him out. One of the worst deals I seen. It was so bad it got our previous football director sacked. I still don’t get why you so eager to get rid of him. Don’t you rate him? We could do with a top striker
I am not eager to get rid of him. Where do I say that. I am simply saying that if we do consider selling him it has to be for more than £20m.

I'm done with this thread load of ****e. Going round in circles with people who don't want to listen.

Basically I'm saying for the last time I WOULDNT TAKE 20M FOR HIM. I DONT THINK ITS A GOOD DEAL FOR THE CLUB.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
We should entertain 25 million if that’s the best we get and Arteta deems him worse than nketiah. If he stays and is behind Jesus trossard and nketiah then it’s not worth keeping him

I just think one of nketiah or Balogun has to go in the summer. There is only so many players you can have. Specially as we want to extend Nelson and rumours of Arteta wanting another wide player.
I'm not sure about that. I assume you think that cause he was loaned out. If loaning someone out means he doesn't rate him we wouldn't have Saliba playing for us right now.

He's been great so obviously he would rate him differently when he comes back. I would much rather sell Nketiah than Balogun

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm not sure about that. I assume you think that cause he was loaned out. If loaning someone out means he doesn't rate him we wouldn't have Saliba playing for us right now.

He's been great so obviously he would rate him differently when he comes back. I would much rather sell Nketiah than Balogun
I’m leaning towards selling nketiah as well. I think I’m past the he gets good chances and just needs to do better. I think he just lacks composure

I’m just saying one of them will be sold. People in here just don’t want to accept some of these young players are in direct competition and soon we have side with one as they will want to play. Nelson vs Esr is another one

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We should sell Nketiah for £20m and keep Balogun.

Nketiah has lost his place to Trossard so I would rather have Balogun fighting for the 2nd striker position than having Nketiah as 3rd striker
Why £20m. Why not more. Solanke went for £20m. I'm pretty sure Ings went for similar or more. Morgan Gibbs White went for about 35m.

Why does Eddie only warrant 20m?

I don't disagree with the idea. I'd just like to know why £20m. Why not £25m. Or £30m.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Why £20m. Why not more. Solanke went for £20m. I'm pretty sure Ings went for similar or more. Morgan Gibbs White went for about 35m.

I don't disagree with the idea. I'd just like to know why £20m. Why not £25m. Or £30m.

Remember Nketieh is on 100k a week. You won't find a club willing to pay a big fee and match those wages.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Remember Nketieh is on 100k a week. You won't find a club willing to pay a big fee and match those wages.
Firstly we don't know if his weekly salary is 100k or it is something like 80k but the signing on fee was added to round it up.

But let's say it's 100k. Leciesters Patson Daka is on 80k a week. Morgan Gibbs White the same. Ollie Watkins is around 70-75k. Scamacca at West Ham earns close to 100k a week.

So I don't think 80-100k a week is going to stop a mid table PL team buying him for a reasonable fee. Had he been on 150k or so then it could be an issue. But 80-100k isn't a huge sum for a goalscorer.

I'm not talking someone would spend 40m or something on him no. But maybe £30m. Young, English, has done relatively decent for a top team. A lot of things in his favour.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

You think 100k a week a lot of money? :lol:

No way we dont sell Eddie for anything less than 40m. Pace, power, tactical intelligence and just 23 years old. This kid has yet to mature still.

Superb young player to have with us, but I do agree. We can only have one of him, or Balogun.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Given we will be in ECL next year, I don't see the rush to sell Balogun, especially given that Trossard is only a false 9 option because we have no-one else who can do that role with Jesus out AND Eddie was injured. Trossard can play there, but his primary worth will be in wider areas. We'll have enough minutes for Jesus, Eddie & Balogun, particularly as Jesus can play wide or 10, and both Eddie & Balogun have some inside forward experience. The only way one of them doesn't get decent minutes is if we have no injuries

Mudi

Did not know you had so much confidence in Edu pulling the max out of deals 😀

I think only English clubs can pay >£20m and unfort. Nketiah did not really show the world he is capable of leading the line if he is getting dropped for Trossard as second option striker. Remember we got Trossard for £25m

ChefMan21

Keep him, either have in the squad or loan him out again - it's a long season next season with probable Champions League football, and even if he's loaned out it means he's getting first team football and still developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom