• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah a lot of similarities with 89. A young team competing against a behemoth (City now, Liverpool then) who had dominated the league.

That team held its nerve when push came to shove and gave us the greatest night in the club’s history. Let’s hope these lads can do the same once again.

My mum is hating/loving this season as this is her first title race as an Arsenal fan, weirdly she got into Arsenal through me rather than the other way around (she's been a fan since the 2008/2009 year and all she wants is just to witness us winning one league championship) 😅

So I bought her the 1989 book for Mothers Day, since that season is basically this one... hopefully reading about how Arsenal did break their title drought at one point, can make her believe we can do it again.

Do it for mama Riou this year boys!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
My mum is hating/loving this season as this is her first title race as an Arsenal fan, weirdly she got into Arsenal through me rather than the other way around (she's been a fan since the 2008/2009 year and all she wants is just to witness us winning one league championship) 😅

So I bought her the 1989 book for Mothers Day, since that season is basically this one... hopefully reading about how Arsenal did break their title drought at one point, can make her believe we can do it again.

Do it for mama Riou this year boys!

I need to ask brother Riou, which forum did you Hang around pre AM?

Just watched the entire goals compliation from that season.

Man, I'm hyped for the run-in. This was a great league season regardless of the outcome.

Thanks for sharing - I became an Arsenal fan because of that season. It was incredible watching this team as a young kid.

New member here too! Been following the forum for a long time and just felt I had to begin participating in the banter on the site. Love it. Will do my best to be a good member.

Was a die hard fan from early 2001 until 2017 when I had the unfortunate experience of being at the Allianz Arena in Munich and saw the team get obliterated 1-5. I just could not take it anymore and went on a break for a few years until last season when it felt like Arteta's vision was starting to take form. Seems like it was a good few years to miss from what I can read here on the site.

Tnegs

Things are looking very good for the final stretch we will have our first 11 back and we have only the league to worry about while City still have the CL and FA Cup to play for. We’ve got pretty much one match a week from here so on we should be able to play our strongest 11 in every game.

Artemis

That was a beautiful CL draw from our league campaign perspective. Man City will be tested in Europe. City players will have to work harder, hopefully it slows down their League form.

Our next 2 fixtures are a must win. Then the crucial test will be Anfield.

I honestly think our result in Anfield could be the critical one in the Title race. Because Man City play Liverpool just before we do (even though they play at the Etihad).

We either need to match their result against Liverpool or better their result.

The reason why I think this could be the most important one is because it will decide how we approach the City game at the Etihad. We need to be in a position where City are chasing a result because they feel it's a must win game for them against Arsenal.

That means they will take more risks in the game, which means more open spaces for us to exploit on the break.

We need to punish them and make them pay.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Pep going full strength in the FA Cup. No chance he's taking his eye of the league because of the CL. We are going to need to win it. Not City to lose it.

goonerfamily

Next two matchdays are going to be vital. We need to get 6 points. Liverpool might do us a favour after the international break which could put us 11 points ahead with 9 games to go.

City are going deep in three competitions. They're also in by far the hardest side of the CL draw. They will have two tricky fixtures against Bayern and, if they go through, two tricky fixtures against (probably) Real. The fixture congestion will hopefully cause some knocks and niggles and their league form might dip.

Haaland's injury record was not perfect at Dortmund...

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully City can get United in today's FA Cup draw. Their league game at Brighton on Sunday before playing us that midweek will be rearranged now that they made the semi's. They could potentially get drawn against Sheffield/Blackburn or even Grimbsby instead where they'd have a lot more room for rotation.

Either way though - their April schedule will be gruelling with both the Brighton and West Ham games still to be squeezed in.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just watched the entire goals compliation from that season.

Man, I'm hyped for the run-in. This was a great league season regardless of the outcome.

Our best ever team was the 01-02 one, some ridiculous football that season and so many top players either at their peak for us or close to it.

Unbelievable squad that.

TinFish

City looking relentless now. It's one of those runs where they can string up 10 wins on the bounce easily. We have to treat every game like a final, we cannot even lose one game until the point we meet city at the very least.

I mean a loss against Liverpool will put massive pressure on the boys, I'm not comfortable with a 5 point lead at all.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
8 points clear

6 wins in a row

10 games to go

Ad-Rock Reaction GIF by Beastie Boys

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom