• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who has 'the gift'?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Reyes as well for that first nine months was on a different planet to most guys I’ve seen.

I remember him shredding Real Madrid in a La Liga game to start that season and was probably the first guy I ever wishlisted lol.

Then we got him and he was so electric. Him and Henry had such a lightning quick link up. So sad how it all ended 😔

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This current iteration is actually one of the most boring I’ve ever seen BUT it is still better than some of the poverty sides I’ve seen Wenger put out.
What’s the worst Wenger team in your opinion?

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

What’s the worst Wenger team in your opinion?

Lol the early 2010s teams were pretty bad man.

Those Sylvestre, Djourou, Denilson, Bendtner mish mash teams omg I was actually in despair.

Around Utd 8-2 times I think the team was pretty awful too when we had to buy Arteta and Per plus some others, all players we coulda bought for years but ignored.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Not sure why but games with Denilson in first popped in to my mind. Those later years were so painful to watch though. Away games were not even worth turning on

Didn't we beat peak Chelsea with Denilson in midfield?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Merson now that’s a name people have missed out.

Aio yeah if we going back them ways I’m gonna pop in Limpar as well. He had magic feet sometimes.

Those Sylvestre, Djourou, Denilson, Bendtner mish mash teams omg I was actually in despair.

Pretty sure @DJ_Markstar made this thread to be his happy place and you guys bringing up this man fml 😆

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Not sure why but games with Denilson in first popped in to my mind. Those later years were so painful to watch though. Away games were not even worth turning on
Denilson actually had a great start to his Arsenal career. I remember some of the skill in his early games (Sp**s home game, Carling Cup).

Wenger seemed to systematically coach out his attacking instinct to make him a run off the mill holding midfielder.

Buhry

Established Member

Bergkamp, Henry, Van Persie, Fabregas probably for me, in no particular order but maybe that order. Bergkamp and Henry were just excellent at everything. Van Persie just might have had one of the best volley shooting techniques of any striker ever. Fabregas was also just generally gifted.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Denilson actually had a great start to his Arsenal career. I remember some of the skill in his early games (Sp**s home game, Carling Cup).

Many on here thought he would be better than Cesc at the time actually. He should have been the best ever I dunno what happened there.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
List after 2010:
Van persie
Santi
Özil
Sanchez.

Current team maybe maybe Zinchenko

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
That is one of the dumbest things i've ever read on here ngl

Blind hope for the future was all you had in that period tbf. Youth development was literally the only key to success, so I don't really blame fans for maybe going overboard and projecting their hopes onto those players.

Sad part is a lot of that faith was justified. I think if you go back and wipe away the injuries, a fully fit late 2000s/early 2010s Wenger team would've been more likely than not to win silverware. There were some incredible talent in those squads, almost all of them ****ed by injuries. Tragic when you think about it.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Yeah but Drogba didn’t play that day so it didn’t really count sadly

Ironically, I think our big game record was pretty good in those days. We beat United regularly at home, won away at Anfield and used to trounce Sp**s every year.

The real downturn was around the 2011-12 season I think, the 8-2.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom