• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bobby played CAM for Villareal, according to your criteria he shouldn't have been able to do that as a winger
Also the most wingery of wingers Ryan Giggs was accommodated into a centre midfield role for United in his latter years. It's not impossible or unheard of. Players with a brain and skill set can adapt to another position if they have the ability and determination.

Moving positions late in your career due to acquiring experience and losing certain physical attributes is not the same as simply saying a player can play in a different position at a young age or during their prime.

Could you imagine Giggs playing central midfield when he was a young winger. It's only when he picked up injuries and lost pace where he turned into a left sided midfielder. An older Giggs is quite a good comparison to Lemar.

every little thing

I laugh when seeing people said he is winger and not a midfielder or he is a midfielder and not a winger. look at our players, Chamberlain is a winger and he is a midfielder too...So does cazorla and look at isco, gotze, rues, hazards, kdb, Silva, mata, nasri, mikitayan...They all can play in different positions...Just stop all these stupid arguments

neimad

Moving positions late in your career due to acquiring experience and losing certain physical attributes is not the same as simply saying a player can play in a different position at a young age or during their prime.

Could you imagine Giggs playing central midfield when he was a young winger. It's only when he picked up injuries and lost pace where he turned into a left sided midfielder. An older Giggs is quite a good comparison to Lemar.

I suppose it depends on the player. It's not like Lemar depends totally on speed and trickery like a young Giggs did. He seems to have more of a football brain at this age. If Wenger has mentioned that he sees Chamberlain as a centre midfield then I'm sure he might see something similar in Lemar. It's not something that would occur initially but down the line I could definitely see Wenger doing that with him.

Fouz

Who do you guys rate as the better p,Ayer B Silva or Lemar? Any idea on what Monaco fans think?

Titi51

Who do you guys rate as the better p,Ayer B Silva or Lemar? Any idea on what Monaco fans think?
For me Lemar have more potential, but Bernardo is very strong too. They are not same profile, Bernardo is more playmaker, Lemar is space and percussion player. I think Monaco fans have same opinion for this two players.

But for me Lemar is more compatible with arsenal style.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom