• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
The old bastard's a fighter. Anything still could happen with the rest of the season bro. He's sitting at home watching reruns of Rocky.

This isn't 2011-2012.

Wenger doesn't have a Rosicky standing on the wings, poised to drive the club into a top 4 spot.

Things are dead.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
If you're too blinded to see that this is a direct result of certain circumstances and events that would have happened with our without wenger, I cannot explain further.

Cannot is the operative word here. There is no explanation cause your premise if flawed.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You've got 3 teams that can easily outspend you and you've managed to stay in the top 4 for 20 years.

This could only ever end one way, eventually you're bound to drop out.

And then the like Julius Caesar there's thousands of haters waiting to stick the knife in and humiliate you.

What a world we live in.

Preacher

Always Crying
In yesterday’s Arsecast, Philippe Auclair talked about Aubameyang telling French media after the Man City game that some Arsenal players played ‘with resignation’, and during that game we saw Arsène Wenger sit by and do nothing to change what was going on, as if he was managing in the same way.

If the players feel like that about the manager, and the manager feels that way about the players, then it’s utterly broken and there’s little anyone can do to fix it. Does it mean the players dislike Arsène? Of course not. I’m sure most, if not all of them, like him as a man, as someone who has treated them like people as well as players and had a positive affect on their careers, but do they like his methods or his instructions? Those are different things and I think it’s pretty clear that his footballing authority is not what it was.

Nobody’s worried about losing their place. Nobody’s worried that a poor performance might have consequences. Nobody’s concerned that playing badly will have repercussions for their future. They all know that Arsène’s time at the club is coming to an end. He’s not quite a dead man walking, but they realise his train is pulling into the station and consciously or subconsciously it has an impact.

The Guardian piece also makes the point about players have professional pride. I think that’s true, no footballer enjoys losing, being booed, getting stick from fans, looking up the table to see City 30 points ahead. It’s embarrassing for them. It doesn’t excuse them but I think we should think about that in this current context.

https://arseblog.com/2018/03/dressing-room-leaks-almost-like-a-public-cry-for-help/

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Man City only got their oil $$$ in 2008 which according to my limited understanding of mathematics was 10 years ago not 20.

Wenger will recieve unmitigated plaudits and tributes if and when he throws the towel in.

If you underperform at work constantly for 6 months very few people will be talking about the fantastic stuff you did 15 years ago. This is nothing Wenger specific.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If you underperform at work constantly for 6 months very few people will be talking about the fantastic stuff you did 15 years ago. This is nothing Wenger specific.
You're spot again bro.

But we're talking about winning more trophies in a 4 year period than any other EPL club and then getting sacked the year after.

Not quite the same ;)

Impact

Established Member
Dream ending would be Wenger tells the players internally that he is leaving at the end of the season. We go on an amazing run and finish in top 4 while winning the Europa League. Wenger gets a victory procession from satisfied fans, who can thank him for the stellar job he has done for the club.

You've got 3 teams that can easily outspend you and you've managed to stay in the top 4 for 20 years.

This could only ever end one way, eventually you're bound to drop out.

And then the like Julius Caesar there's thousands of haters waiting to stick the knife in and humiliate you.

What a world we live in.
You're pretty much in complete ignorant, delusional free fall, LAD. You seriously must enjoy re-reading your own posts...

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Watford next weekend available to red membership not sold out.

Home game against AC Milan on red membership sale not sold out

Personally, I cant remember seeing it like this during Wengers entire reign.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's just a football manager. He isn't tending to the sick and starving on a daily basis and he isn't on the brink of finding a cure for cancer either. He's just a football manager--a richly rewarded manager of a team in a sport. He should be sacked immediately and unceremoniously with no talk of doing it the 'respectful way'. That anyone should be inclined to think he deserves to be treated differently from any other feckless spaz of a manager, is absurd.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Watford next weekend available to red membership not sold out.

Home game against AC Milan on red membership sale not sold out

Personally, I cant remember seeing it like this during Wengers entire reign.
Unimaginable. If this was a few seasons ago, I'd have a tickets for both sitting in front of me right now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wonder what he's going through right now, no matter how strong you are mentally this must hurt. The fans have been against him for a while but it's beginning to cresendo in a way we haven't seen before, then you look at the board essentially stripping away his power bit by bit and throughout this whole thing he just wants to prove the doubters wrong but probably knows that he can't.

Hope he has a good support network around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom