• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicParis

AM's Resident PSG Supporter
He does seem a bit toxic, did Emery improve him in your opinion? I've liked the way he played every time I've watched him recently.
He is a good player and still young but I think PSG and Paris environment is toxic for him, he has to move if he wants to cross a course.
He's been better in his positional sense and for covering spaces behind Neymar + to hold the ball and retrieve it quickly (when he's not nonchalant)

Aevi

Hale End FC
Nah....He is still a top talent who happened to have an average to poor season. He was injured a lot too. The 90 M offer last season was a bit over the top but he is still worth a 60-70 M transfer fee. IMO, bar Özil, he would automatically AFC best player if he could join.
943349836.jpg

MagicParis

AM's Resident PSG Supporter
Why was Areola playing most of the time?
Emery had followed him since he was loaned to Villareal and did a good season there.

But it's one of the things Emery disappointed me so much, Areola was not ready for PSG.
Keeping the goal of a dominant side requires concentration because we do concede a few shots.
Areola conceded a horrible 9 goals from 10 shots last year costing us crucial points and we were never able to catch up Monaco.

Imo Emery was asked to incorporate academy players (Areola, Kimpembe, Rabiot). Its management of Gk was not clear, he alternated both Gk. When Trapp conceded 6 at Camp Nou, it was over for him.

Areola has been ok this season but you expect from a Gk to be decisive, sadly he has not been enough.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Emery had followed him since he was loaned to Villareal and did a good season there.

But it's one of the things Emery disappointed me so much, Areola was not ready for PSG.
Keeping the goal of a dominant side requires concentration because we do concede a few shots.
Areola conceded a horrible 10 goals from 11 shots last year costing us crucial points and we were never able to catch up Monaco.

Imo Emery was asked to incorporate academy players (Areola, Kimpembe, Rabiot). Its management of Gk was not clear, he alternated both Gk. When Trapp conceded 6 at Camp Nou, it was over for him.

Areola has been ok this season but you expect from a Gk to be decisive, sadly he has not been enough.

Hopefully he'll develop and be more consistent. I've only seen him now and then and have seen him make some very good saves, but inconsistency is a killer for a goalkeeper. But he's still pretty young for a goalkeeper.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Just checked the Arsenal News Now feed. Of the last 32 articles listed, 25 of them are about that thing on Emery's website that was taken down. It seems to have ignited a frenzy. I mean, it's not like it was a big secret or anything. But it's a story to generate clicks. :lol:

wigner

Read somewhere that he knew in detail about our entire squad and gave plan while interview. This impressed everyone and he was hired, looks like he loves his analysis.

This is the stupidest thing the media are reporting. Of course he knew our players. We were in the same Champions League group last year (2016-2017).

As if he shouldn't know his top group opponent.....?!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Unai Emery has claimed Neymar was the real boss of Paris Saint-Germain.

Spineless manager, and you're all claiming he's someone tough with a backbone

http://dailypost.ng/2018/05/22/neymar-real-boss-psg-unai-emery/

Neymar and the Brazilian players (and a few others) didn’t buy into his philosophy which he says is ultimately why he couldn’t achieve what he wanted to. Not that different from the WHOLE Utd squad not buying into LvG’s and getting him sacked yet you think the sun shines out of his arse.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Thats a big F you to the board he isnt exactly conceding that Neymar is the almighty saviour is he... The issue there is those running the club are letting Neymar have too much power and havent respected the role of a manager.

Who said he has a 'tough backbone'? I wouldnt say hes an Italian style manager who gets down your throat but he isnt exactly going to let Özil or Auba run the club :lol:. The Brazilian contingent + others at PSG threw their toys out the pram because Emery wanted more intensity in their play while they wanted relaxed tiki taka. Don't take it from me its what the PSG chief correspondent Julian Laurens said...

wigner

Its not a positive thing for him to say such negative things about one of his previous players. Make him sound like a whiner...not very Arsenalesque. He should have instead said that it was his fault that he couldn't get the best that out of Neymar, but that it was a very difficult setup.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Its not a positive thing for him to say such negative things about one of his previous players. Make him sound like a whiner...not very Arsenalesque. He should have instead said that it was his fault that he couldn't get the best that out of Neymar, but that it was a very difficult setup.
I dont think P$G is run like a normal club tho, they are probably run quite differently and dysfunctionally to an extent. Its defo not a family like atmosphere such as at Arsenal or Barca. More so like a **** Madrid probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom