• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ArsenalFever

If we don't get Ziyech for some reason there is another player from the Eredivisie we can take a punt on: Ødegaard. He's been excellent at Vitesse. His teammates are in awe and he's producing similar numbers as Ziyech. Very young as well.

Rather him than Lozano.
Madrids asking price, maybe £18 million+, would be a smart signing imo and a good time to do so.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
CB: Hermoso 17m
CB: Saliba 15m
LB: Tierney 20m
CM: Nkunku 17m
CM: Palacios 12m
RW: Pepe 55m
LW: Claude Maurice 9m

Everyone below 20m so we can go big on one player?

Latest comments are suggesting a player we want says he will move only with Champions League. Pepe?

Either Pepe or Zaha probably as they both want CL.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If we don't get Ziyech for some reason there is another player from the Eredivisie we can take a punt on: Ødegaard. He's been excellent at Vitesse. His teammates are in awe and he's producing similar numbers as Ziyech. Very young as well.
He has been excellent, I hope he's Ziyech's replacement at Ajax. Wouldn't say the numbers are similar (29 g/a in 29 for Ziyech vs. 21 g/a in 31(2) for Ödegaard), but his productivity has gone up significantly this season compared to last.

Once he moves to Ajax his next transfer fee will likely more than double though (currently estimated at around €15-20m).

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Out: Cech (free), Ospina (3m), Lichsteiner (free), Jenkinson (free), Mustafi (15m), Chambers (20m), Kolasinac (25m), Elneny (10m), Ramsey (free), Xhaka (40m), Mkhitaryan (15m), Özil (15m), Iwobi (25m), Asano (2m) Welbeck (free), Nketiah (loan), Saka (loan), Emile Smith Rowe (loan), Mavropanos (loan)

Total: €170m wages saved: ~£1m / week

In: Aarons (15m), Hermoso (20m), Tah (30m), Chilwell (35m), Aouar (50m), Llorente (20m), Claude-Maurice (10m), Ziyech (28m), Fraser (20m), Martinelli (7m)

Total: €235m

Net: €65m

GK: Leno, Martinez (27)

RB: Bellerin, Aarons (19)

CB: Hermoso, Holding, Tah (23), Sokratis (31), Koscielny (34)

LB: Chilwell, Monreal (33)

CM: Aouar, Llorente, Torreira, Guendouzi (20) Willock (20) Maitland-Niles (22) Claude-Maurice (21)

RW: Ziyech, Nelson (19)

ST: Aubameyang, Lacazette (28), John-Jules (18)

LW: Fraser, Amaechi (18), Martinelli

Fraser (25) – Aubameyang (30) – Ziyech (26)

Aouar (21) – Llorente (24) – Torreira (23)

Chilwell (22) – Hermoso (24) – Holding (23) – Bellerin (24)

Leno (27)
Alternatives:

RB: ???
CB: Saliba (15m), Konate (30m), Sarr (20m)
LB: Tierney (25m), Mendy (40m)
CM: Barella (40m), Tielemans (40m), Palacios (15m), Partey (40m), Fornals (30m), Zaniolo (40m)
RW: Pepe (60m)
LW: ???

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
:lol: Real funny kid, at least you changed the layout this time. I like the innovation there
I don’t find this funny.
I truely believe that they (JK Augustin, Saint-Maximin, Aouar, Chukwueze, Cuisance, Ndombele, Tonali, Upamecano, De Ligt, Bellanova, Reguilon, Plizzari) are good players.

I don’t think signing one/two of the above young talents is not achievable. All I do is to recommend a shortlist. I do not mean we can sign all of them like how you do in fifa. Depending on the position we are after, it will be good if we get one/two of these players.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Watford level midfield. Can barely pass beyond 5 meters those two. Auba wide is yikes as well.
Box to box midfielders are ****. Now ramsey is gone. We have resources to bring in a cazorla replacement.

We need a silky midfielders who play smart, read the game well, dictate tempo, skillful, play one two/one touch pass/beautiful through pass, have great first touch, ball control, tactical knowledge, decision making, passing and positioning.

Not someone who based their game on hard work. Play ugly boring disgusting football. Run into the opponent box and leave huge gaps in the midfield for the opponent to exploit.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Box to box midfielders are ****. Now ramsey is gone. We have resources to bring in a cazorla replacement.

We need a silky midfielders who play smart, read the game well, dictate tempo, skillful, play one two/one touch pass/beautiful through pass, have great first touch, ball control, tactical knowledge, decision making, passing and positioning.

Not someone who based their game on hard work. Play ugly boring disgusting football. Run into the opponent box and leave huge gaps in the midfield for the opponent to exploit.
You know that box to box midfielders can also be silky, or read the game, or play one-two passes etc etc.

Football is not as one-dimensional as you're making it look.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

In
Chillwell
Zaha
Zihech
Manolas or Umtiti
Rabiot

Though the first & second would be fantastic acquisitions, both will seperately go for more than our budget let alone in a combined effort.

The third would be easy to get but we'd be up against better teams vying for his signature.

The fourth option: one is Mustafi by another name, the other a world class crock.

The less said about the fifth the better (save to say I don't want his poisonous character anywhere near Arsenal).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Realistically i think i'd be happy with just
CB: Hermoso 17m
CB: Saliba 15m
LB: Tierney 20m
CM: Nkunku 17m

There is a chance that none of these players will improve our first team though and only our squad. Only Hermoso would be a starter in my opinion.

I'd want at least one statement signing.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Doesnt seem likely to happen with what the press are saying.

I doubt that Emery would stay if he has to work off scraps again. There will be plenty of sales, plus new sponsorship money, hopefully cl money and all of whatever our initial budget is.

benjamin86

Established Member
I doubt that Emery would stay if he has to work off scraps again. There will be plenty of sales, plus new sponsorship money, hopefully cl money and all of whatever our initial budget is.
Stayed at Sevilla for many years working on a constrained budget?

I'd love to see us make some signings to solidify and concede less than 40 goals next season!

roz

Fake News Merchant
How much would Sane cost?
Would go all out for him, far higher ceiling than Zaha. Thing is, would he come here? At some point we have to show some ambition surely

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom