• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Any attacking player from any of the other 19 clubs in the league would have given us more this season, even if Emery tied their ****ing laces together before each game.

Absolutely appalling season from him, but it’s because Emery told him to stand here as opposed to there.

I’m just glad Auba, Laca and others who had better seasons weren’t listening to Emery.

arsmile

Established Member
the entire set-up is bull

Özil is our best passer but ALL he ever ends up doing is putting the wingbacks through- who themselves have no end product.

He has some responsibility for that but the system/pattern of play is systemic and wrong

and xhaka is our second best passer- and all he ever does is exactly the same thing

we haven't got any assists from midfield this season- it's either been the odd cross the wingbacks have fluked in- or interplay between the two strikers on the odd occasion when they aren't haven't stinkers

moloso

Lovely technique but he is totally ineffective now.

Can't run with the ball, can't make a tackle or offer any sort of pressing, refuses to shoot and his attitude is shocking - has he ever gone off the pitch without a sulk?

My biggest issue with him is that he plays the game exactly the same way if we are 3 up or 3 down. No urgency or sensing of the moment at all. Just work a one-two, overlap and cutback all at walking pace.

I can't see how he gets in any top(ish) squad now and sadly it's nothing to do with ability but all to do with his weak mentality - gives off a vibe he doesn't feel like needs to earn or work for anything which after the couple of years he's had is delusional.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
the entire set-up is bull

Özil is our best passer but ALL he ever ends up doing is putting the wingbacks through- who themselves have no end product.

He has some responsibility for that but the system/pattern of play is systemic and wrong

and xhaka is our second best passer- and all he ever does is exactly the same thing

we haven't got any assists from midfield this season- it's either been the odd cross the wingbacks have fluked in- or interplay between the two strikers on the odd occasion when they aren't haven't stinkers

We have no wingers or proper final third players. Only our fullbacks get in chance creating positions.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's no point for some people defending him he preform when there space for him when teams bother get into him he'll just stop trying

GDeep™

League is very weak
People talking about shipping him off etc, you do realise he has to accept a move?

Emery has a choice to make, if he doesn’t want Özil he should let the player and club know, and simply bench him.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Don't think I've ever disliked one of our own players more, will be a good day when he finally ****s off to Turkey where he belongs.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
People talking about shipping him off etc, you do realise he has to accept a move?

Emery has a choice to make, if he doesn’t want Özil he should let the player and club know, and simply bench him.

He already did that and half the fan base got on his back and *****ed that he should be starting him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He already did that and half the fan base got on his back and *****ed that he should be starting him.
Who is to blame for that? Emery should have some balls.

Atm it looks like Özil has the power, he will stay and Emery will play him it looks like. Hence my comments last night about Özil being bigger than Emery.

HomeSteak

Established Member
I still rememberd how happy I was when we signed him, never tought I would be happyer when we got rid of him. Nothing player, can't dribble, can't run, can't make a simple 5 yards pass, can't assit, can't score. Nothing.
350.000 pounds a week. Cancer.

And yeah, I think Unai wanted to get rid of him and not play him but was made to change his mind by the club.

darkgunner

If he is not being played, we should sell him. We don't want him feeding toxic snapchats and instagram stories to make gullible idiots defend him every time he sees the opportunity.

He did it when Emery exiled his ass and he'll certainly do it again if we demote him from the XI. The guy probably learned secrets from Erdogan himself on how to use propaganda to influence the fanbase.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Who is to blame for that? Emery should have some balls.

Atm it looks like Özil has the power, he will stay and Emery will play him it looks like. Hence my comments last night about Özil being bigger than Emery.

He won’t play him. The only reason he has been playing is because Ramsey is injured. If he stays he might get the odd home game but the minute we sign a midfielder he’s back on the bench.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If he is not being played, we should sell him. We don't want him feeding toxic snapchats and instagram stories to make gullible idiots defend him every time he sees the opportunity.

He did it when Emery exiled his ass and he'll certainly do it again if we demote him from the XI. The guy probably learned secrets from Erdogan himself on how to use propaganda to influence the fanbase.
We can’t sell him if he doesn’t want to leave. What don’t you understand? I don’t think he wants to leave.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He won’t play him. The only reason he has been playing is because Ramsey is injured. If he stays he might get the odd home game but the minute we sign a midfielder he’s back on the bench.

Like when we signed the great Suarez?

Fact is that while Emery benched Özil, the likes of Iwobi and Mhki were stinking it out.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Ofcourse we should all expect more from Özil but its no coincidence that his level dropped when Santi was injured you need to have good players in your team to fullfill each other.

We are missing a player in the Santi mould very very badly he was our engine, and we have not replaced him people should look closely in the season he was playing with Özil.

ATM we are just Everton level at best with all respect, put Özil in a Barca team or Real Madrid team for example and he will deliver.

I dont want to make any excuses for him but surround him with quality and he will show everyone he is a quality player.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Like when we signed the great Suarez?

Fact is that while Emery benched Özil, the likes of Iwobi and Mhki were stinking it out.

Suarez wasn’t signed to play in midfield. If we had got Nkunku on loan Özil wouldn’t have been playing as much as he has. There’s a reason a Ramsey replacement is one of our main priorities and it’s so this waster doesn’t have to be played every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom