• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree regarding Dunk. He is really good in a well protected, deep lying defence where his job is to win his duels. I think he would be like a duck out of water in a more attacking, open team.

The thing what people don't seem to get is that teams who have your Tarkowski's in and such play a certain way which protects everyone in that side. The defence is just as much about how you defend as a unit as it is about individuals.

Hence why smaller teams regularly park the bus against bigger sides or play defensively. To protect the lack of quality at the back. Don't get me wrong you can find gems in there but Chambers is a key example. Looked fantastic at Southampton but has always looked bang average here.

The better defenders you buy the more expansive you can be. Hence why I don't want us wasting money on pointless CB's anymore. Finally get one of the big guns in.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
When Veerman ups the technical level in your midfield you have some serious issues. No Arsenal material at all.
I think Veerman could become quite good, but it's mental to suggest a step from Heerenveen to Arsenal is doable right now. He has many steps to take in his development before he should even be considered. Should go to Feyenoord and show he's head and shoulders above the rest before considering him.

One of the few midfielders in the Eredivisie that I like, though.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I think Veerman could become quite good, but it's mental to suggest a step from Heerenveen to Arsenal is doable right now. He has many steps to take in his development before he should even be considered. Should go to Feyenoord and show he's head and shoulders above the rest before considering him.

One of the few midfielders in the Eredivisie that I like, though.

True. Feyenoord or a team like AZ would be good for him. I live near Heerenveen so seen quite a bit of him.

But the poster suggested "skillful CM who would up that technical level in our midfield." Mental :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think we will sign one from each of these lists.

Upamecano, Gabriel, Sarr.
Partey, nobody.
Aouar, Coutinho, Buendia, Grealish and the lad from Salzburg who's name I would butcher.

CB, steel, magic. I think that's what Arteta needs to use the formation he wants.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think we will sign one from each of these lists.

Upamecano, Gabriel, Sarr.
Partey, nobody.
Aouar, Coutinho, Buendia, Grealish and the lad from Salzburg who's name I would butcher.

CB, steel, magic. I think that's what Arteta needs to use the formation he wants.

I hope you are right.

Makavelii

I'm advocating stabilising our team by buying talented players from the league. We've got exciting, young, attacking talents, we can supplement this with experience from the league.

The following players play for unfashionable clubs or would be available and attainable: Dunk, Ake, Tarkowski, Diop, McGinn, Cantwell, Ceballos, Rabiot, Grealish, Zaha, Dacoure, Lemar, Ings.

All improve us.

I'd go Ake/Dunk for 35m with Mustafi, Holding, Sokratis and Mavrapanos out. That would leave us with Dunk/Ake, Luiz, Mari, Salibah and Chambers and a small profit.

In CM, Guendouzi, Nenny go for 40m and we bring in Partey and Ceballos. If Ceballos doesn't wish to stay, get Cantwell or McGinn although different types. Partey, Ceballos, Torreria, Xhaka, AMN and Willock isn't amazing, but it's definitely stable. Net cost about 20m

In attack, Auba, Nketiah and Martinelli have enough goals, so you sell Laca and buy a player who either makes us a better footballing team or even more dangerous. I like Zaha, but for style, we could go Grealish, Coutinho or Lemar. We'd get 35m for Lacazette so would need to add about 15m for one of these playerd. Grealish and Coutinho could play CAM, so could Pepe.

In a reality where we have little owner investment - I like this a lot.

Joestlaachmkr

I know my wishlist are totally unrealistic, but here we go.

1. Koulibaly (Please..)
2. Partey
3. Neves
4. Coutinho
5. Matt Doherty
6. Sime Vrsaljko

Just imagine.. I know all but one of these of these players are above the age of 25, but they are all in their prime.

Makavelii

I’ve been away from football the past couple years. Can someone fill me in on why everyone wants a right back? I would’ve guessed Bellerin would be hitting his prime now. Is he not as good these days?

Also - why is there so much interest in Partey but none in a Neves? Seems like just as good an option.

Underhill

I’ve been away from football the past couple years. Can someone fill me in on why everyone wants a right back? I would’ve guessed Bellerin would be hitting his prime now. Is he not as good these days?

Also - why is there so much interest in Partey but none in a Neves? Seems like just as good an option.
Big injury + vegan diet. Not very explosive anymore.

Neves much more expensive. Partey wants to join Arsenal, Wolves dont have to sell. Neves probably headed for a top european club when he goes.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I know it will never happen, especially with the likes of Barcelona interested but Bernardo Silva would be an absolute dream of a signing.

Imagine him as our hard working creative CM in a 433 with Xhaka and Partey/Ceballos.

He's been criminally underused by Pep this season and all the rotation has impacted on his form. City fans seem to have turned on him a little.

Such a fantastic player.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I know it will never happen, especially with the likes of Barcelona interested but Bernardo Silva would be an absolute dream of a signing.

Imagine him as our hard working creative CM in a 433 with Xhaka and Partey/Ceballos.

He's been criminally underused by Pep this season and all the rotation has impacted on his form. City fans seem to have turned on him a little.

Such a fantastic player.

Hes the perfect player for us. Can play on the wing and centrally. I'd take Grealish for that reason. Btec version but good.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Always wanted Bernardo and I think we could persuade him as after the game yesterday he waited in the tunnel to exchange shirts with Saka and he probably likes how classy we are with our players. Also, we have Arteta which can persuade him over to us and maybe Cedric as his Portuguese buddy? I find Portuguese players do well in the PL and are hard working.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
B. Silva is a dream, but this is the wishlist!

We need a spark and I feel that high level creative players could be available this summer.

If we can sell a project and break the bank, we could possibly land Isco or Coutinho. Both are a level above where we are and would make us top 4 material instantly.

We could take a risk and go for Grealish or Lemar. Expensive and unproven, but would definitely add flair.

Coutinho, Isco, Lemar, Grealish for me and in that order.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
B. Silva is a dream, but this is the wishlist!

We need a spark and I feel that high level creative players could be available this summer.

If we can sell a project and break the bank, we could possibly land Isco or Coutinho. Both are a level above where we are and would make us top 4 material instantly.

We could take a risk and go for Grealish or Lemar. Expensive and unproven, but would definitely add flair.

Coutinho, Isco, Lemar, Grealish for me and in that order.

I'm not keen on any of these tbh.

Coutinho - Has talent but not the physical attributes we need for a CM/CAM. Expensive wages, 28. If he was that good, Bayern would keep him.

Isco - Always been a fan but he's been a bit part player for too long now, his game will be affected as a result. Again, doesn't have the physical qualities we need.

Lemar - Overrated, simple as that

Grealish - Has the physical qualities, he'd "Suffer" for the team as Arteta like to put it. But, i think he lacks in creativity. He doesn't see the game quick enough, dwells on the ball.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
------------Leno/Emi
Bellerin - Luiz - Koulibaly - Tierney
-----Partey - Xhaka - Ceballos
-------Pepe - Laca - Auba

subs: Leno/Emi, Cedric, Saliba, Mari, AMN, Torreira, Willock, ESR, Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, Nelson

Shalmaneser V

I'm not keen on any of these tbh.

Coutinho - Has talent but not the physical attributes we need for a CM/CAM. Expensive wages, 28. If he was that good, Bayern would keep him.

Isco - Always been a fan but he's been a bit part player for too long now, his game will be affected as a result. Again, doesn't have the physical qualities we need.

Lemar - Overrated, simple as that

Grealish - Has the physical qualities, he'd "Suffer" for the team as Arteta like to put it. But, i think he lacks in creativity. He doesn't see the game quick enough, dwells on the ball.

That’s the opposite of how I view Grealish. My doubts are that he wouldn’t be willing to suffer for the team but we can certainly use his creative qualities. 9 goals and 8 assists in a struggling team with only De Bruyne making more key passes in the league than him.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom