• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
That’s the opposite of how I view Grealish. My doubts are that he wouldn’t be willing to suffer for the team but we can certainly use his creative qualities. 9 goals and 8 assists in a struggling team with only De Bruyne making more key passes in the league than him.

You can't take that stat seriously. It has to be put in the right context. Eg, he takes set pieces and some corners - good chance of a key pass. Also, he's the catalyst at Villa, the one they always look to get on the ball, of course he's going to make more key passes than others because he sees more of the ball.

It's better to look at 'big chances created'. Grealish has 8, in comparison, De Bruyne has 30. Even players like Buendia, Westwood, McNeil, Gross have more .

I think he's a good player, and wouldn't mind him, but he holds onto the ball for too long, hence why he's the most fouled player in the league. He's not a natural creator imo.

Last edited:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Richarlison should be the striker we should target.

- Settled in the league
- 23 years old
- Presses from the front
- Runs into channels
- Great in the air
- Versatile
- Presence
- Fantastic Name

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’ve been away from football the past couple years. Can someone fill me in on why everyone wants a right back? I would’ve guessed Bellerin would be hitting his prime now. Is he not as good these days?

Also - why is there so much interest in Partey but none in a Neves? Seems like just as good an option.
Partey is more physical, something we lack in spades.

Shalmaneser V

You can't take that stat seriously. It has to be put in the right context. Eg, he takes set pieces and some corners - good chance of a key pass. Also, he's the catalyst at Villa, the one they always look to get on the ball, of course he's going to make more key passes than others because he sees more of the ball.

It's better to look at 'big chances created'. Grealish has 8, in comparison, De Bruyne has 30. Even players like Buendia, Westwood, McNeil, Gross have more .

I think he's a good player, and wouldn't mind him, but he holds onto the ball for too long, hence why he's the most fouled player in the league. He's not a natural creator imo.

This chart has him second to De Bruyne for chances created.

https://www.squawka.com/en/most-chances-created-premier-league-2019-2020/

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm not keen on any of these tbh.

Coutinho - Has talent but not the physical attributes we need for a CM/CAM. Expensive wages, 28. If he was that good, Bayern would keep him.

Isco - Always been a fan but he's been a bit part player for too long now, his game will be affected as a result. Again, doesn't have the physical qualities we need.

Lemar - Overrated, simple as that

Grealish - Has the physical qualities, he'd "Suffer" for the team as Arteta like to put it. But, i think he lacks in creativity. He doesn't see the game quick enough, dwells on the ball.
I think Grealish dwells more often because Villa are a poor offensive unit in general and he has less options to choose from. Grealish IMO could step it up in a more functioning unit. That said, he's not personally on my wishlist. I think we could go a bit younger and with more upside. Eberechi Eze would be good value for money IMO.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Richarlison should be the striker we should target.

- Settled in the league
- 23 years old
- Presses from the front
- Runs into channels
- Great in the air
- Versatile
- Presence
- Fantastic Name

Good player but Everton paid £50 m so I don't suppose they would accept anything under £70-80 m.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Good player but Everton paid £50 m so I don't suppose they would accept anything under £70-80 m.
I really don't think we need any strikers tbh. That's one position I have almost no worries about (maybe a bit of aerial presence/target man play? They'd still have to be relatively mobile/technical e.g. Edouard).

Shalmaneser V

I really don't think we need any strikers tbh. That's one position I have almost no worries about (maybe a bit of aerial presence/target man play? They'd still have to be relatively mobile/technical e.g. Edouard).

It Lacazette leaves. One of Edouard/Jovic/Depay has to be recruited for me.

Wouldn’t even mind taking a punt on one of the South Americans like Arthur Cabral or Chimy Avila.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This chart has him second to De Bruyne for chances created.

https://www.squawka.com/en/most-chances-created-premier-league-2019-2020/

Like i said, it's better to look at 'Big Chances Created'

Chances created could mean a pass that results in a teammate shooting from 30 yards. Or hoofing a set piece into the box where your teammate heads the ball miles wide.

Big chances created is where it's at, these are clear cut chances. If you go by that:

KDB - 30
Mahrez - 18
TAA - 17
Richarlison, Salah, Jimenez - 13
Willian, McNeil, Son, Vardy, Robertson - 12
D.Silva, Westwood - 11
Gross, Mane, Traore - 10
Buendia, Henderson, Moutinho Sterling, Firmino, Rashford, Stevens - 9

Then you have the likes of Grealish and Maddison on 8.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

Worth it imo. He's such a handful, would really suit Artetas plan of pressing from the front. Lacazette has been decent the last few games, but lets not forget the mediocre performances he's put on for the majority of his Arsenal career. Nketiah isn't good enough either. Auba is clearly seen as a LW now.

Shalmaneser V

Like i said, it's better to look at 'Big Chances Created'

Chances created could mean a pass that results in a teammate shooting from 30 yards. Or hoofing a set piece into the box where your teammate heads the ball miles wide.

Big chances created is where it's at, these are clear cut chances. If you go by that:

KDB - 30
Mahrez - 18
TAA - 17
Richarlison, Salah, Jimenez - 13
Willian, McNeil, Son, Vardy, Robertson - 12
D.Silva, Westwood - 11
Gross, Mane, Traore - 10
Buendia, Henderson, Moutinho Sterling, Firmino, Rashford, Stevens - 9

Then you have the likes of Grealish and Maddison on 8.

Do you have a link for those stats?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You've literally just described Richarlison.
He's not that tall or a great target man though. Martinelli is basically the same height and a very similar player already. Don't see the point of Richarlison - not that I don't like him, I think he's really good. Just that he's a profile we have no need for.

I'm not keen on any of these tbh.

Coutinho - Has talent but not the physical attributes we need for a CM/CAM. Expensive wages, 28. If he was that good, Bayern would keep him.

Isco - Always been a fan but he's been a bit part player for too long now, his game will be affected as a result. Again, doesn't have the physical qualities we need.

Lemar - Overrated, simple as that

Grealish - Has the physical qualities, he'd "Suffer" for the team as Arteta like to put it. But, i think he lacks in creativity. He doesn't see the game quick enough, dwells on the ball.
All those players would cost about 50m too. Would rather add 10-15 m for Harvetz

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Do you have a link for those stats?

Fantasy Football Scout members area (which uses opta)

But you can see it by just watching him play, he can't even play them defence splitting through balls to the full backs that Ceballos plays, let alone the type of passes, the best creators in the league play.

Last edited:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He's not that tall or a great target man though. Martinelli is basically the same height and a very similar player already. Don't see the point of Richarlison - not that I don't like him, I think he's really good. Just that he's a profile we have no need for.

Exact profile we need imo (Assuming Auba stays and plays LW)

- Quick, strong, great in the air
- Two footed
- Scores goals, creates goals
- Runs non stop
- Runs the channels so he can interchange with Auba and Pepe
- Good mentality
- 23 so he'll improve
- Settled in the league, 13 goals last season, 13 this, despite playing for a terrible Everton side.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Exact profile we need imo (Assuming Auba stays and plays LW)

- Quick, strong, great in the air
- Two footed
- Scores goals, creates goals
- Runs non stop
- Runs the channels so he can interchange with Auba and Pepe
- Good mentality
- 23 so he'll improve
- Settled in the league, 13 goals last season, 13 this, despite playing for a terrible Everton side.
This is Martinelli apart from the last 2.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This is Martinelli apart from the last 2.

Martinelli is out until the New Year. I really like him, but Arteta clearly had issues, he wasn't being utilised at all. Even Nketiah was getting picked ahead of him. Realistically, he'll be a backup LW/Striker for a few seasons yet.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli is out until the New Year. I really like him, but Arteta clearly had issues, he wasn't being utilised at all. Even Nketiah was getting picked ahead of him. Realistically, he'll be a backup LW/Striker for a few seasons yet.
That doesn't really detract from my point though - having both Martinelli and Richarlison is unnecessary overkill for me, particularly when there are other profiles we don't have in the squad. But, you know, it's the Wish List so it doesn't matter much to me. I do like Richarlison tbh.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom